Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREAKING: Senate REFUSES To Pass Trumpcare!!!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BREAKING: Senate REFUSES To Pass Trumpcare!!!

Don’t panic just yet where Trumpcare is concerned, as both Republican and Democratic senators are now wisely saying the bill is dead on arrival in the Senate. I guess they don’t call the Senate the “conscious of the nation” for nothing, right?

First things first, though: why in the world did the House GOP vote on a toxic bill they KNOW will damn them in the 2018 midterm elections if they knew Trumpcare was going to be immediately pronounced dead in the Senate? That’s the question Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer is already hammering away at.

“To my moderate Republican colleagues in the House, I ask, ‘Why would you risk a yes vote for a bill that is devastating to your constituents and has virtually a minuscule chance, virtually no chance of becoming law?'” Schumer said. “The reality is Trumpcare cannot pass the Senate.”

And don’t just take Schumer’s “Democratic” word for it, either. Senator Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn., not only said that the Senate would be scrapping the House’s version of Trumpcare and starting from scratch, he also threw some major shade at his Republican peers in the lower chamber of Congress.

“The Senate will carefully review the House bill, and now we’ll go to work on a Senate bill,” Alexander said. “There is an urgency, but we want to get it right. There’ll be no artificial deadlines…we will make sure we know what our bill costs when we vote on it.”

http://vote.us.org/memo/thread/8091/...ref=fbsd&u=aks

Good...apparently there are some sane republicans!
    Roll Tide!!!!!

None of them want that albatross hung around their neck.
    Originally posted by RobRoy
    There is an "honest grit" to his lying.

Comment

They can go home and face their deplorable constituents and tell them that they passed a bill to repeal Obamacare.
      It ain't my fault them Senators killed it off.
      By the way, did I mention I'm up for reelection in 2018?
      I got me some baby-kissin' to do.
      To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

The Trumpsters are likely going to be very, very disappointed. That premature ejacul... celebration in the White House rose garden will probably make them feel pretty dumb in the months to come.

Former rep John Dingell, whose name was the lead sponsor of Obamacare, had this to tweet.

John Dingell
        @JohnDingell

Have fun in the Rose Garden today, @HouseGOP.

Dude is 90, and way sharper than Trump ever was.

Comment

trumpcare supporters
          {O,O}
          (__(\
          " "

Comment

• -Ed Phobes-
            -Ed Phobes- commented
            Editing a comment
            Perfect.

Originally posted by Turd Furgison View Post

trumpcare supporters
          That's the gist of it...this whole Trumpcare thing wasn't about what's best for Americans...all they wanted to do is chalk one up for Team Trump. Obamacare is bad...but it's way better than this version of Trumpcare.
          Roll Tide!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoddy View Post
            That's the gist of it...this whole Trumpcare thing wasn't about what's best for Americans...all they wanted to do is chalk one up for Team Trump. Obamacare is bad...but it's way better than this version of Trumpcare.
            That's the thing, though. Republicans have no other card to play. The Democrats played the Republican healthcare reform plan for them. Now they have nothing left but screaming and stamping their feet.

I can't imagine after 7 years of "repeal and replace" rhetoric, that they'd cave and just make Obamacare better. They'll likely do exactly what they had planned to do before Obamacare became the law of the land... NOTHING.

Comment

I'm astounded they think getting something through the House alone is a victory. The Senate was always going to create its own bill. There's no plan because they were never going to replace the ACA. Then Trump backed them into a corner by promising ''repeal and replace.''
              Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
              Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
              Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
              Member of the Schecter Society
              Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Originally posted by DeepEnd View Post
                I'm astounded they think getting something through the House alone is a victory. '
                It's all they have. And this is the age of Trump. I believe it was Reagan who coined the famous comment about rather taking half a loaf. In the age of Trump you take a slice of bread and tell the world it's a full loaf anyway because half-loaves are for losers.

Comment

Working...
                X