No announcement yet.

Sean Spicer claims 'Even Hitler didn't use 'chemical weapons'

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoot Owl View Post
    You can't say anything about Nazi's or Jews without every screaming ninnie getting in your face.
    How long do you think the Trump admin. will endure pressure from Jewish groups for Spicer to resign?

Comment

Originally posted by Alndln3 View Post
      How long do you think the Trump admin. will endure pressure from Jewish groups for Spicer to resign?

He might have fired him already if Nancy Pelosi hadn't come out to demand it.

Now that pretty much assures Trump won't do it.
      Last edited by guido61; 04-12-2017, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zooey View Post
        It was a silly thing to say. Why did he even have to go there? I don't know if the cruise missile attack is going to be effective, but I don't think it was unwarranted.
        It was an attempt to make Assad look bad, really bad, to justify the attack and to justify the desire for regime change.

The same thing happened in the run-up to the invasion of Iraq. Things were exaggerated to the point of ridiculousness.

As a human being, you come with the whole range of inner possibilities
        from the deepest hell to the highest states.

It is up to you which one you choose to explore

Comment

Saying " literally Hitler" and "worse than Hitler" is copyrighted by Democrats, so no wonder their panties are all bunched up.
          The Dems have been saying Trump's supporters are neo-Nazis and white supremacists. But what if Spicer's apology is now causing them to pull their support? In denouncing Hitler, maybe Spicer outmanuevered the press hacks. How can they keep saying "Trump is literally Hitler"?

What do I win?

Oh...LOF'inL@ SHAMEONYOU
          No one cares about your stage stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.NiceGuy View Post
            Saying " literally Hitler" and "worse than Hitler" is copyrighted by Democrats, so no wonder their panties are all bunched up.
            The Dems have been saying Trump's supporters are neo-Nazis and white supremacists. But what if Spicer's apology is now causing them to pull their support? In denouncing Hitler, maybe Spicer outmanuevered the press hacks. How can they keep saying "Trump is literally Hitler"?

What do I win?
            The Spinmeister of the Week Award for trying to somehow blame even THIS on the Dems and the "press".

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

The Spinmeister of the Week Award for trying to somehow blame even THIS on the Dems and the "press".
              4D chess, not checkers.
              No one cares about your stage stuff.

Comment

• slodge
                slodge commented
                Editing a comment
                Tic tac toe.

And losing every round.

4D chess, not checkers.

4D chess---yet appearing so One Dimensional at the same time.

Pure genius!

Comment

What do I win?
                You win a shot at getting a job as President Trump's new Press Secretary.
                As a human being, you come with the whole range of inner possibilities
                from the deepest hell to the highest states.

It is up to you which one you choose to explore

Comment

What Spicer said changes nothing about the people in his administration being white supremacists.

Comment

• Grumpy_Polecat
                    Grumpy_Polecat commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Your comment changes nothing as well.

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

Instead of making up an example, how about addressing the specific accusation you made?

I gave you link to the video clip.

Tell how the meaning was changed, how the elipses were used improperly and what the proper format should have been?

The use of elipses in this case definitely do not fall within the conventions for transcription of spoken language into text. The correct method would be to delete the stammers --the ums and ers-- in order to make it read as a coherent sentence.
                  gp

'Words empty as the wind are best left unsaid.' --Homer (Not Dan Castellaneta,the other one)

The above is not to be taken too seriously.

Comment

• E-money
                    E-money commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You're still fixated on those elipses instead of the cluelessness of his statement.

And yet you probably beat that 57 state thing like a dead horse.

Originally posted by slodge View Post

The content of the ellipses was explained to you, and was contained in the video in the link.

I'm not sure what more can reasonably be expected.

If you are unable to access the video evidence and unwilling to accept the testimony of others, how do you suggest we proceed?

I apologize for not being here when you needed me.
                  gp

'Words empty as the wind are best left unsaid.' --Homer (Not Dan Castellaneta,the other one)

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post

The use of elipses in this case definitely do not fall within the conventions for transcription of spoken language into text. The correct method would be to delete the stammers --the ums and ers-- in order to make it read as a coherent sentence.
                    That is what they did. They omitted the ums and ers and "you knows" and double-spoken "buts" and replaced them with ellipses in order to make it read more coherently. They left out the garbage and kept the meaning 100% intact. Exactly what ellipses are intended for. Could they have just edited out the garbage and not used ellipses? I suppose. But it wouldn't have made it read any more coherently if they did so. (Except perhaps to those looking to insert their OWN words and change the meaning THEMSELVES???)

OTHO, you accusing them of them of leaving out words in order to change the meaning when you didn't even so much as read or listen to the un-edited text? ....

....What convention does THAT fall within?
                    Last edited by guido61; 04-12-2017, 02:02 PM.

Comment

For the record:

Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.

Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.
                      gp

Comment

For the record:

Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.

Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

I apologize for not being here when you needed me.
                          No problem.

I assumed you were desperately, but fruitlessly searching for evidence to support your assertion that Spicers words were somehow diluted by elipses.
                          x

Comment

Working...
                          X