Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Donald Trump Capable of Telling the Truth?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Donald Trump Capable of Telling the Truth?

The man has been elected President so why continue lying?
    His first interview as president shows him as still lying his face off. If he wants to have any credibility - he needs to stop this behaviour.
    Trump showed no sign of abandoning his campaign penchant for littering interviews with false claims in his first big interview on Wednesday.
    i like palin.
    i think she would rattle some cages and that's what america needs.
    ~ yumpy

It's a major symptom of Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
    "Does whatever a Spider-pig does!"

Comment

With DT, the "truth" has a definite shelf life.

Comment

Trump IS telling the truth. His alternate facts are the absolute truth in his very own alternate reality.

This is what we get for electing a reality TV president.

Comment

The excessive comb over tells it all.

Things must never appear as they really are.
          Last edited by onelife; 01-29-2017, 03:17 PM.
          As a human being, you come with the whole range of inner possibilities
          from the deepest hell to the highest states.

It is up to you which one you choose to explore

Comment

Not lying...alternative facts.
            Roll Tide!!!!!

Comment

I predicted moderate Redumblicans rejecting him and being more and more willing to side with the Dumbocraps. Don't ask me to dig. Many here will remember that. I even thought about voting for 'Teh REAL Orange Boner' to help this happen. Watch what happens real dang soon..........
              And BTW I pulled Johnson election day.

Comment

In his mind (which stopped maturing at 9), he's never told a lie.
                Rightly are the simple so called.

Comment

Is tRump capable of telling the truth? I think that question has been answered over and over again. NO!
                  "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
                  Sam Adams: terrorist, patriot, and public enemy #1.

Comment

"Honey, have you looked lustfully at another woman since we've been together." (Assumes all men in attendance are hetero)

Truthful responses?

I didn't think so.

Who cares about the truth? I don't. Man can't embrace it much less speak of it and then we have lunatic posts like this. Who's kidding who? Last time I put virtue and truth in the same sentence as man is lost to my memory. Might as well give that up or show solidarity with the Donald with each successive post here. One who lives in glass houses should not throw stones.
                    Fisher House Foundation

Comment

• arcadesonfire
                      arcadesonfire commented
                      Editing a comment
                      See, to ME, 'I don't care about the truth' sounds unAmerican. Maybe the educational system (or my conservative private Christian school) screwed it up and mistakenly taught me that ideals, liberty, transparent government, and truth were fundamental to America.

Seeing as how his most blatant untruths so far have surrounded the petty matters of popularity, relating to Trump's ego and nothing of substance, I am convinced now that there has been no intelligent ruse* (as I had hoped for). Instead, I'm convinced now that he has NPD. Thus, on some matters, when he is honest, he will be saying things that aren't true, because if he believes something, he will not have the mental facility to consider the potential that he might be wrong.

We're seeing a phenomenon in his beliebers too. Some are saying he's doing this to distract the press, because they believe he's smart and sneaky and they're willing to go along with dishonest tactics if it hurts liberals. These folks will see Trump as an ingenious master. Those who pay less attention but love Trump will just believe him. I can't remember which, but some poll last week found one in seven Trump supporters choosing the 2009 photo when they were asked which was a photo of Trump's inaugural crowd. So, Trump will have two varieties of useful idiots to employ.

*Edit: If there is something to be gained by convincing people you have a clinal condition, then I could be wrong.
                    Last edited by arcadesonfire; 01-29-2017, 07:04 PM.
                    My band!:
                    www.steelphantoms.com/
                    my stage stuff:
                    fender jimmie vaughan strat, korg dt-10, ts-9, keeley rat, thoroughly modded big muff, 4ms tremulus lune, eventide timefactor running stereo to a traynor bassmaster (w hotplate) and a fender HRD. Everything ('cept the TimeFactor and dt-10) is modded, with much help from folks at Harmony Central. Thanks everybody!

Comment

Originally posted by Belva View Post
                      I predicted moderate Redumblicans rejecting him and being more and more willing to side with the Dumbocraps. Don't ask me to dig. Many here will remember that. I even thought about voting for 'Teh REAL Orange Boner' to help this happen. Watch what happens real dang soon..........
                      And BTW I pulled Johnson election day.
                      How long did it take to pull that Johnson, and did you do it in public?
                      Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you.

...Pericles

Comment

• Belva
                        Belva commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Close. Omit one L.

Originally posted by Idunno View Post
                      "Honey, have you looked lustfully at another woman since we've been together." (Assumes all men in attendance are hetero)

Truthful responses?

I didn't think so.

Who cares about the truth? I don't. Man can't embrace it much less speak of it and then we have lunatic posts like this. Who's kidding who? Last time I put virtue and truth in the same sentence as man is lost to my memory. Might as well give that up or show solidarity with the Donald with each successive post here. One who lives in glass houses should not throw stones.

This says far more about you than it does about Trump or anyone else.
                      Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it.

-- Vaclav Havel

The Universe is unimaginably vast. For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

-- Carl Sagan

Life - the way it really is - is a battle not between Bad and Good but between Bad and Worse.

-- Joseph Brodsky

Comment

• DeepEnd
                        DeepEnd commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks.

It looks to me like we may indeed be fornicated (and they still haven't bleeped dat..).

Comment

Here are some things I'd like to hear from Trump, based on the article crazyfoo linked:

I'm concerned about the possibility of voter fraud and I'd like to look into it. (Note no exaggerated claims.)
                        The rollout of Healthcare.gov was a disaster and I think we have to do better next time around. (Again, no exaggerated claims and let's be honest, it was a disaster.)
                        I know I've rubbed the intelligence community the wrong way and I've said some things I regret but I want to be able to work with them and have mutual respect. (Honest and hopeful.)
                        The mainstream media doesn't have very high approval ratings these days and I think they should reflect on that and figure out why. (True.)
                        I didn't get the kind of victory I was hoping for but I won and now I want to be the president for everyone whether they voted for me or not. (Humble and mostly honest.)
                        These are all intelligent, mature comments IMHO and I'd be proud of a president who had the guts to say them.
                        Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
                        Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
                        Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
                        Member of the Schecter Society
                        Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Working...
                        X