Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

16 Years wasted on Climate Change a.k.a. Global Warming denial!!!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 Years wasted on Climate Change a.k.a. Global Warming denial!!!

If Trump's pick to head the EPA says that "climate change" is no hoax, doesn't that mean that Al Gore had it right in 2000, and the United States wasted 16 years on not working on fixing it? If you add in the illegitimate presidency of GW Bush and his wars, just think about the wasted time, money, and lives.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/17/politi...limate-change/

Have you worked on fixing it?

Comment

Originally posted by prolurkerguy View Post
      Have you worked on fixing it?
      I try to fart less. Methane is a far more harmful greenhouse gas than CO2.

Current global warming temperature trend: 0.05ºC per decade, plus or minus 0.1ºC (source: UN IPCC AR5) ...Yes, the error rate is higher than the estimated rate of change.

"Anthropogenic global warming is a proposed theory whose basic mechanism is well understood, but whose magnitude is highly uncertain. The growing evidence that climate models are too sensitive to CO2 has implications for the attribution of late-20th-century warming and projections of 21st-century climate. If the recent warming hiatus is caused by natural variability, then this raises the question as to what extent the warming between 1975 and 2000 can also be explained by natural climate variability." --Dr. Judith Curry, chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology

Comment

New strategy. Acknowledge the science with lip service and press releases, then actively ignore it.
        In other words lie like hell.

Comment

I do what I can. Recycling, riding a bike rather than drive whenever possible, keeping the vehicles I drive in the best state of tune I can, many things all of us can do.
          Our country keeps doing the partisan politics thang, cutting our ability do to reduce greenhouse gases. Last 16 years? Try going back to when being 'environmentally friendly' became a buzz word.
          This is one area the US could easily set a higher standard. It's called leading by example. But every 4-8 years, there's a major shakeup on Crapitol Hill.

And the wheels on the bus go round and round.
          Last edited by Belva; 01-20-2017, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Arguing that the climate doesn't change is silly, but so is arguing that we need to destroy our economy to effect little to no measurable change.
            So I wouldn't place too much import into a cabinet nominee ackowledging the existence of climate change.
            No one cares about your stage stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by rbstern View Post

I try to fart less. Methane is a far more harmful greenhouse gas than CO2.
              Tried that too but my wife says at night I'm in high production mode.

Comment

thanks gore
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.NiceGuy View Post
                  Arguing that the climate doesn't change is silly, but so is arguing that we need to destroy our economy to effect little to no measurable change.
                  So I wouldn't place too much import into a cabinet nominee ackowledging the existence of climate change.
                  speaking of straw men, who was arguing that we need to destroy our economy to effect little to no measurable change.?
                  Let's find that guy and straighten him out; shall we? (he looks a little bent over)

To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post
                    speaking of straw men, who was arguing that we need to destroy our economy to effect little to no measurable change.?
                    Let's find that guy and straighten him out; shall we? (he looks a little bent over)
                    You can start here:

http://www.lomborg.com/

Current global warming temperature trend: 0.05ºC per decade, plus or minus 0.1ºC (source: UN IPCC AR5) ...Yes, the error rate is higher than the estimated rate of change.

"Anthropogenic global warming is a proposed theory whose basic mechanism is well understood, but whose magnitude is highly uncertain. The growing evidence that climate models are too sensitive to CO2 has implications for the attribution of late-20th-century warming and projections of 21st-century climate. If the recent warming hiatus is caused by natural variability, then this raises the question as to what extent the warming between 1975 and 2000 can also be explained by natural climate variability." --Dr. Judith Curry, chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.NiceGuy View Post
                      teh fixt:
                      "It's already fornicated. Might as well do nothing."

Comment

In before Al Gore's jet.
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by MattACaster : *Runs 2 blocks down the street to Guitar Center, grabs detuned Schecter off the wall, plugs into Line6 Spider and proceeds to bring teh brootalz*

Comment

Originally posted by New Trail View Post
                          If Trump's pick to head the EPA says that "climate change" is no hoax, doesn't that mean that Al Gore had it right in 2000, and the United States wasted 16 years on not working on fixing it? If you add in the illegitimate presidency of GW Bush and his wars, just think about the wasted time, money, and lives.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/17/politi...limate-change/
                          Climate change is real. Even us deniers believe that. The climate has been changing for as long as there has been a climate. Be careful reading too much into what Trump's EPA pick says.

The hoax is perpetuating the idea that it is changing dramatically and due to human activity, and therefore our activities should be controlled to "stop" climate change.
                          All text I enter is my opinion. If I feel it necessary to prove it, I'll back it up with links.

Comment

• LARRY L
                            LARRY L commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You have to but the whole thing, how else can they grab more money and control from their subjects?

• New Trail
                            New Trail commented
                            Editing a comment
                            So, humans should do nothing different?

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post

The hoax is perpetuating the idea that it is changing dramatically and due to human activity, and therefore our activities should be controlled to "stop" climate change.
                          While I don't think we're the sole cause of climate change, as it's heated up and cooled down many times, I think we're exacerbating the problem. We should do what we can to at least slow it down.
                          Last edited by Belva; 01-20-2017, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• New Trail
                            New Trail commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Nah, f*** it. I like warmer weather anyway.

• RobRoy
                            RobRoy commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I simply don't. I think we're being gaslighted.

Much of it is caused by the methane by-product of meat production.
                          Originally posted by MrKnobs
                          God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

Working...
                          X