Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Holiday Rant

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My Holiday Rant

    Tis almost the season once again. This time of year puts almost everybody in a giving mood. As such the homeless benefit. But come the first of the year, the homeless will still be homeless. The hungry will still be hungry. But those with roofs over their heads and food in their bellies will forget about the less fortunate among us. Around here, January is the coldest month of the year. While I commend those who help, why can't it be throughout the year? Why must these people starve? Why must many die from hypothermia?
    People need to step up to the plate and swing for the cheap seats ALL YEAR. It's mostly guilt that drive those to help during the holidays. Not genuine concern. If these people really cared, they'd be helping all year long, not for a little over a month.

  • #2
    You're harshing my Christmas buzz.
    Last edited by Hoddy; 11-10-2015, 05:13 PM.
    Roll Tide!!!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      I tried helping those mofos in my 20s.

      You know what happens when you feed a stray dog? You don't end up with a dog strong enough to go forage for itself. You end up with a domesticated dog.
      .

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Belch View Post
        I tried helping those mofos in my 20s.

        You know what happens when you feed a stray dog? You don't end up with a dog strong enough to go forage for itself. You end up with a domesticated dog.
        So you'd rather see homeless people die in the cold?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Belva View Post

          So you'd rather see homeless people die in the cold?
          Some will, of course. Others will realize that since the free sandwiches are no longer being passed out in the park, and they'll figure out that it's either starve or get up off their butts and figure out some way to become valuable members of society.

          What do you have against Darwin?
          .

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Belch View Post

            Some will, of course. Others will realize that since the free sandwiches are no longer being passed out in the park, and they'll figure out that it's either starve or get up off their butts and figure out some way to become valuable members of society.

            What do you have against Darwin?
            we will all die of course !! )

            we are not here for a long time we are here for a good time !! )

            GOOD TIMES !! )

            party on garth !! )
            __________-------------------------------------__________________________---------------
            "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." ---Albert Einstein

            What is more liberal than this ?? )
            We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union ...

            Comment


            • #7
              John Oliver did an excellent segment on donating food and how much is thrown away each year and its sickening, while people are dying of starvation in AMERICA we throw away 700 football stadiums worth of food each year, nearly half of all our food 40% goes to the dump most of it in perfect safe condition.

              Comment


              • SexWithRobots
                SexWithRobots commented
                Editing a comment
                Most foods are thrown away based on physical appearances though perfectly edible. No one cares no one does anything just keep believing the lies because why wouldnt the food industry want you to throw away your food and spend more money on their products.

              • SexWithRobots
                SexWithRobots commented
                Editing a comment
                Continue living in blissful ignorance

              • yumpy
                yumpy commented
                Editing a comment
                i had to go by sell by dates while i was in the kitchen, to cover my ass if anything went sideways but at home it's a check it out first sort of thing.

            • #8
              One thing I will say...no matter what your religious beliefs will say...you gotta give props to Christians and the church for providing shelter, food and aid to the homeless...their work with the homeless is second to none!
              Roll Tide!!!!!

              Comment


              • #9
                It's a dance between the real and the put-on. Think of charities. Most are in the business of paying staffers as opposed to the needy. Then there's the people who prefer to be exactly where they are and want no more. Squatters on society are always chasing around to find out where the buck stops so they can feign for it? Bleeding hearts are going to bleed, see no further than their noses and make all kinds of altruistic noise.

                Enough, already. If a man wants to be more he has the freedom to chose that or to be indigent and welch off the system and its freebies. Why don't the bleeding hearts divest themselves of their material possessions, donate the proceeds and then live an austere existence so they can continue donating? That doesn't happen, ever, so enough with the mini sermon. Philanthropists my eye; they take the write-off and the kudos for donating but don't expect to see them in any bowery.

                My BIL is a bleeding heart and works in the kitchens that feed the street people. Good for him. He's there because of himself, as well as them. It's a symbiotic relationship where giving is the getting while the taking is pretty near superfluous. Those who give do so because it makes them feel great. Fine. Yes, it serves a purpose but it isn't the key reason for giving and certainly no completely altruistic gesture. There's a certain amount of selfishness attached to it that gets glossed over. Gift giving is all about the giver's feelings.
                “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution.”
                John Adams, The Works Of John Adams, Second President Of The United States

                _____________________
                “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace in a continual state of alarm (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing them with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”
                H.L. Mencken

                Comment


                • #10
                  Originally posted by Idunno View Post
                  It's a dance between the real and the put-on. Think of charities. Most are in the business of paying staffers as opposed to the needy. Then there's the people who prefer to be exactly where they are and want no more. Squatters on society are always chasing around to find out where the buck stops so they can feign for it? Bleeding hearts are going to bleed, see no further than their noses and make all kinds of altruistic noise.

                  Enough, already. If a man wants to be more he has the freedom to chose that or to be indigent and welch off the system and its freebies. Why don't the bleeding hearts divest themselves of their material possessions, donate the proceeds and then live an austere existence so they can continue donating? That doesn't happen, ever, so enough with the mini sermon. Philanthropists my eye; they take the write-off and the kudos for donating but don't expect to see them in any bowery.

                  My BIL is a bleeding heart and works in the kitchens that feed the street people. Good for him. He's there because of himself, as well as them. It's a symbiotic relationship where giving is the getting while the taking is pretty near superfluous. Those who give do so because it makes them feel great. Fine. Yes, it serves a purpose but it isn't the key reason for giving and certainly no completely altruistic gesture. There's a certain amount of selfishness attached to it that gets glossed over. Gift giving is all about the giver's feelings.
                  yes it is !! )
                  __________-------------------------------------__________________________---------------
                  "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." ---Albert Einstein

                  What is more liberal than this ?? )
                  We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union ...

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Originally posted by Idunno View Post
                    It's a dance between the real and the put-on. Think of charities. Most are in the business of paying staffers as opposed to the needy. Then there's the people who prefer to be exactly where they are and want no more. Squatters on society are always chasing around to find out where the buck stops so they can feign for it? Bleeding hearts are going to bleed, see no further than their noses and make all kinds of altruistic noise.

                    Enough, already. If a man wants to be more he has the freedom to chose that or to be indigent and welch off the system and its freebies. Why don't the bleeding hearts divest themselves of their material possessions, donate the proceeds and then live an austere existence so they can continue donating? That doesn't happen, ever, so enough with the mini sermon. Philanthropists my eye; they take the write-off and the kudos for donating but don't expect to see them in any bowery.

                    My BIL is a bleeding heart and works in the kitchens that feed the street people. Good for him. He's there because of himself, as well as them. It's a symbiotic relationship where giving is the getting while the taking is pretty near superfluous. Those who give do so because it makes them feel great. Fine. Yes, it serves a purpose but it isn't the key reason for giving and certainly no completely altruistic gesture. There's a certain amount of selfishness attached to it that gets glossed over. Gift giving is all about the giver's feelings.
                    While there are a few who are moochers, is it the majority of them? Not no, but hell no. Have you ever volunteered at shelter/soup kitchen? I have. I've seen the pain with my own eyes. I've seen the mental illness and the chemical dependency. I've also seen that most charities do more than they should be able to with the limited resources they have.
                    Your entire post is crap.

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Originally posted by Belva View Post

                      While there are a few who are moochers, is it the majority of them? Not no, but hell no. Have you ever volunteered at shelter/soup kitchen? I have. I've seen the pain with my own eyes. I've seen the mental illness and the chemical dependency. I've also seen that most charities do more than they should be able to with the limited resources they have.
                      Your entire post is crap.
                      So how many people have you domesticated? Quite a few, I bet. All those domesticated humans lining up for a bowl of soup like pavlov's dogs salivating at the sound of the church bell...

                      I know, it makes you feel like you're doing something. Like feeding pigeons at the park.

                      But you say you also see the pain in their eyes. Is that a sadistic thing, or are you really worried about all of those domesticated pets you see lining up outside of Pavlov's diner?
                      .

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        Originally posted by Hoddy View Post
                        One thing I will say...no matter what your religious beliefs will say...you gotta give props to Christians and the church for providing shelter, food and aid to the homeless...their work with the homeless is second to none!
                        Amen Brother !! )

                        __________-------------------------------------__________________________---------------
                        "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." ---Albert Einstein

                        What is more liberal than this ?? )
                        We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union ...

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Originally posted by Belva View Post
                          Tis almost the season once again. This time of year puts almost everybody in a giving mood. As such the homeless benefit. But come the first of the year, the homeless will still be homeless. The hungry will still be hungry. But those with roofs over their heads and food in their bellies will forget about the less fortunate among us. Around here, January is the coldest month of the year. While I commend those who help, why can't it be throughout the year? Why must these people starve? Why must many die from hypothermia?
                          People need to step up to the plate and swing for the cheap seats ALL YEAR. It's mostly guilt that drive those to help during the holidays. Not genuine concern. If these people really cared, they'd be helping all year long, not for a little over a month.
                          Instead of lump sum handouts, you're suggesting we put them on an installment plan?
                          Last edited by rbstern; 11-10-2015, 07:09 PM.

                          Current global warming temperature trend: 0.05ºC per decade, plus or minus 0.1ºC (source: UN IPCC AR5) ...Yes, the error rate is higher than the estimated rate of change.

                          "Anthropogenic global warming is a proposed theory whose basic mechanism is well understood, but whose magnitude is highly uncertain. The growing evidence that climate models are too sensitive to CO2 has implications for the attribution of late-20th-century warming and projections of 21st-century climate. If the recent warming hiatus is caused by natural variability, then this raises the question as to what extent the warming between 1975 and 2000 can also be explained by natural climate variability." --Dr. Judith Curry, chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Originally posted by Hoddy View Post
                            One thing I will say...no matter what your religious beliefs will say...you gotta give props to Christians and the church for providing shelter, food and aid to the homeless...their work with the homeless is second to none!
                            Yes. They're not perfect, and they're not the only ones helping, but many churches are walking the walk.


                            Couldn't help thinking about the other thread from a few days ago. A few guys don't agree with you...




                            Minning Around
                            "Interestingly, in the U.S., religious people give more to charity. Why?
                            This report suggests it's not altruism.
                            Guilt? Tax deduction? Getting a good spot in heaven()?
                            More values."

                            willhaven
                            Banned
                            "Because when you self-report, you tend to say you're awesome. In reality... not so much. "






                            Belva
                            Newbie
                            11-08-2015, 12:40 PM "They're rightists. They've been told they can buy their way into heaven. They're so stupid they bought it."

                            guido61
                            Banned

                            11-08-2015, 03:47 PM


                            "they count tithing to their own churches as giving to charity."
                            willhaven
                            Banned

                            11-09-2015, 05:27 PM


                            "No big deal though. As the number of religiously unaffiliated slowly creeps up, society will improve.

                            It can't happen fast enough, IMO."

                            Last edited by Mr.NiceGuy; 11-10-2015, 07:33 PM.
                            No one cares about your stage stuff.

                            Comment


                            • Belva
                              Belva commented
                              Editing a comment
                              And there are many who only talk the talk. double edged sword.












                          Working...
                          X