No announcement yet.

RNC to Trump : Tone it down

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wallywanker View Post
    i think maybe we're asking the same question(s)...i could summarize mine as encompassing basically 'why are the signals so mixed'?
    I think people are not always as stupid and single minded as we think. Why should they give Donald Trump much credit for a continuing good economy? It's been improving for 100 consecutive months.

And "right direction/wrong track" has much more to do with things than just consumer confidence. That's just one element.

When you look deeper into the numbers on Donald Trump what you find is a lot of people who voted for him who no longer believe he is going to be able to deliver on what he promised.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/wash...htmlstory.html
    Last edited by guido61; 09-10-2017, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Again, if Trump is out who will run for the GOP next election? Pence is as good as having no candidate. Good for an impeachment replacement but nothing more.

Comment

• New Trail
        New Trail commented
        Editing a comment
        Trump isn't, and won't be, out in 2020 unless he loses his health or something.

Originally posted by Alndln3 View Post
      Again, if Trump is out who will run for the GOP next election? Pence is as good as having no candidate. Good for an impeachment replacement but nothing more.
      Trump loves campaigning. Why wouldn't he run again? It's his favorite part.

But if for some reason he decides not to run? You'll have the usual suspects and a few new ones. Pence, Rubio, Cruz, Kasich, maybe Ben Sasse, Jodi Ernst, Brian Sandoval, Susana Martinez.

Whoever else emerges over the next 2+ years.
      Last edited by guido61; 09-10-2017, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by guido61 View Post
        Trump loves campaigning. Why wouldn't he run again? It's his favorite part.
        it's true, and he does just as much `damage' (disruption) to the pubs as the dems...what if that's his actual end game - to throw the baby ruth into the entrenched political pool and then just walk away laughing...
        Last edited by wallywanker; 09-10-2017, 10:41 PM.
        __________________________________________________ ______________________________
        new sig currently under construction

Comment

Originally posted by wallywanker View Post

it's true, and he does just as much `damage' (disruption) to the pubs as the dems...what if that's his actual end game - to throw the baby ruth into the entrenched political pool and then just walk away laughing...
          He doesn't play a long game. He just acts and reacts instinctively and is only interested in satisfying his own ego. So he throws under the bus whoever he needs to in order to "win" that particular interaction/transaction.

Comment

• New Trail
            New Trail commented
            Editing a comment
            True, then he'll be their buddy and use them as needed to get his advantage at the next transaction.

He doesn't play a long game. He just acts and reacts instinctively and is only interested in satisfying his own ego. So he throws under the bus whoever he needs to in order to "win" that particular interaction/transaction.
          yeah, it looks like that is exactly what happened last week to the GOP with his new BFFs, "Chuck & Nancy".
          To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Alndln3 View Post
            by the same token I don't see anybody worthwhile in the Dumbocrap camp.

Comment

• Alndln3
              Alndln3 commented
              Editing a comment
              That was brought up already. I was just responding to that. Without Trump the GOP are just as weak as the Dems at the moment.

Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post
            yeah, it looks like that is exactly what happened last week to the GOP with his new BFFs, "Chuck & Nancy".
            that had everybody scratching their heads. Maybe he'll run as a Dumbocrap in '20?

Comment

• RogueGnome
              RogueGnome commented
              Editing a comment
              Some scratched their heads, but I think that guido's explanation in post #35 is as good as any.
              Makes perfect sense.
              And he'll turn on Pelosi and Schumer at the drop of a hat whenever he finds it to be expedient.

I think people are not always as stupid and single minded as we think. Why should they give Donald Trump much credit for a continuing good economy? It's been improving for 100 consecutive months......
            True, if you believe in the facts. However, Trump supporters, many of them anyway, don't believe in facts, and the good thing about the "Fake News" label is that you (read:anyone) can apply it to anything they don't believe in. So, they (the Reps) will call the idea that the economy was improving under Obama fake news and their supporters, and many swing voters, will believe them.

Comment

• Phil O'Keefe
              Phil O'Keefe commented
              Editing a comment
              You've been asked for substantiation for the claim that "Trump supporters, many of them anyway, don't believe in facts" - please see below.

Originally posted by New Trail View Post

True, if you believe in the facts. However, Trump supporters, many of them anyway, don't believe in facts, and the good thing about the "Fake News" label is that you (read:anyone) can apply it to anything they don't believe in. So, they (the Reps) will call the idea that the economy was improving under Obama fake news and their supporters, and many swing voters, will believe them.
            Link to Trump supporters don't believe in facts?

Comment

Originally posted by Warhorse View Post
            Link to Trump supporters don't believe in facts?
            Its a fact that Obama was born in Hawaii. So let's start the list with birthers.

Among all Republicans, 45 percent believe he was born in another country, as do 45 percent of Tea Party supporters, the poll shows.
            https://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-on...ot-born-in-us/

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

• New Trail
              New Trail commented
              Editing a comment
              Wasn't it Trump who was, in large part, behind that?

• Tom Hicks
              Tom Hicks commented
              Editing a comment
              I believe you are correct sir!

Originally posted by Tom Hicks View Post

Its a fact that Obama was born in Hawaii. So let's start the list with birthers.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-on...ot-born-in-us/
            That article is from 2011 so that particular issue was put to rest a while ago and I personally have not heard a peep about it since it was debunked, have you?

Comment

That article is from 2011 so that particular issue was put to rest a while ago and I personally have not heard a peep about it since it was debunked, have you?
              The issue of Republicans who don't believe in facts has NOT been put to rest. Let's continue the listing with other examples. Next fact - CO2 is a greenhouse gas that traps heat in the atmosphere.

Is This Thing On?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Hicks View Post

The issue of Republicans who don't believe in facts has NOT been put to rest. Let's continue the listing with other examples. Next fact - CO2 is a greenhouse gas that traps heat in the atmosphere.
                I'm certainly not going to dispute that. I know there are those that do but to say that humans are having no effect on the planet is of course ridiculous.

Comment

I'm certainly not going to dispute that. I know there are those that do but to say that humans are having no effect on the planet is of course ridiculous.
                  Gee, I wonder what Trump's position is on this point of fact about CO2 and warming?

Is This Thing On?

Comment

Working...
                  X