Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

RNC to Trump : Tone it down

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Its certainly useful to the Ds for Trump to be drawing unfavorable media attention and having GOP leaders admit he tarnishes their brand.

    On the other hand their are no doubt some for whom his rhetoric resonates. It takes all kinds.
    __________________________________________________

    Is This Thing On?

    https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Tom Hicks View Post
      Its certainly useful to the Ds for Trump to be drawing unfavorable media attention and having GOP leaders admit he tarnishes their brand.

      On the other hand their are no doubt some for whom his rhetoric resonates. It takes all kinds.
      Do you still think Trump's approach was useful for the Democrats?


      "The historical experience of socialist countries has sadly demonstrated that collectivism does not do away with alienation but rather increases it, adding to it a lack of basic necessities and economic inefficiency." ------------------ Pope John Paul II

      Comment


      • Tom Hicks
        Tom Hicks commented
        Editing a comment
        At the time sure.

    • #18
      Originally posted by SteinbergerHack View Post

      Do you still think Trump's approach was useful for the Democrats?

      It was. But obviously the "some for whom his rhetoric resonates" group were large and living in the right states at the right time.

      But the Dems probably haven't been as united as they are against Trump than they have been since....well....

      ....probably ever
      ______________

      Comment


      • #19
        Originally posted by guido61 View Post
        But the Dems probably haven't been as united as they are against Trump than they have been since....well....

        ....probably ever
        agreed. that's what makes me curious about stuff like this -

        DNC hits another fundraising low Wednesday, June 21, 2017
        http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ndraising-low/


        The Democratic Party’s Looming Fundraising Crisis August 10, 2017
        http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...-crisis-215474

        seems everyone agrees they hate trump, but the dems don't seem to be offering the relief they're looking for...i keep wondering why that is, i mean, how can you be turning off voters worse than trump!?! or, do you think everyone thinks a `trump ouster' is such a shoo in that they don't think they need to contribute to the dem war chest? strange times indeed...
        Last edited by wallywanker; 09-10-2017, 03:39 PM.
        __________________________________________________ ______________________________
        new sig currently under construction

        Comment


        • #20
          Originally posted by wallywanker View Post

          seems everyone agrees they hate trump, but the dems don't seem to be offering the relief they're looking for...i
          This. Precisely this.

          I'm in the camp of disliking Trump, feeling abandoned by the Republicans, and still unable to stomache the Democrats. Not sure where to go from here....
          "The historical experience of socialist countries has sadly demonstrated that collectivism does not do away with alienation but rather increases it, adding to it a lack of basic necessities and economic inefficiency." ------------------ Pope John Paul II

          Comment


          • #21
            Originally posted by wallywanker View Post

            agreed. that's what makes me curious about stuff like this -

            DNC hits another fundraising low Wednesday, June 21, 2017
            http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ndraising-low/


            The Democratic Party’s Looming Fundraising Crisis August 10, 2017
            http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...-crisis-215474

            seems everyone agrees they hate trump, but the dems don't seem to be offering the relief they're looking for...i keep wondering why that is, i mean, how can you be turning off voters worse than trump!?! or, do you think everyone thinks a `trump ouster' is such a shoo in that they don't think they need to contribute to the dem war chest? strange times indeed...
            OTHO, they raised a ton of money for Jon Ossoff's ill-fated campaign.

            I think fund-raising is more about what your are FOR rather than what you are against. Opposition to Trump is high but has yet to coalesce around a defined candidate(s) or campaign priorities.

            It's still early. When we get into 2018 and the elections get underway, I suspect fundraising will be strong.

            Then again, it's the Dems and therefore never underestimate their ability to screw it up.
            Last edited by guido61; 09-10-2017, 03:45 PM.
            ______________

            Comment


            • #22
              Agreed that the Dems are weak and offering nothing at the moment, but if you look around the GOP are just as bad. Who in the GOP will run against Trump? What happens if Trump gets impeached or is pressured to resign? It seems nobody is slated to replace him on either side of the aisle.

              Comment


              • Phil O'Keefe
                Phil O'Keefe commented
                Editing a comment
                If Trump resigns of is impeached, we know who will replace him - Pence. As far as who might run against him, Kasich is certainly a likely candidate to try to do so... but Trump beat him last time around, so I don't think he has a very good chance of beating him in the next primary season.

            • #23
              The real problem for the Dems is: if the economy keeps going like it has been ( under Obama and now Trump) and if the Reps can convince voters that it's because of Trump, which is very possible for those voters and pundits who won't admit any Obama success, it may not matter WHAT the Dems do or who they run for president

              Comment


              • #24
                Originally posted by Alndln3 View Post
                Agreed that the Dems are weak and offering nothing at the moment, but if you look around the GOP are just as bad. Who in the GOP will run against Trump? What happens if Trump gets impeached or is pressured to resign? It seems nobody is slated to replace him on either side of the aisle.
                Obviously if he is impeached or resigns, Mike Pence is slated to replace him.

                But that won't happen.
                ______________

                Comment


                • Alndln3
                  Alndln3 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm referring to the next election. Pence is as weak a candidate as you can get. I doubt even the GOP would run him next election if Trump is out.

                • guido61
                  guido61 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You mean if Trump just declines to run for reelection?

                  Then it's a open primary. On both sides.

                  Trump likes campaigning too much though. That was his favorite part of the whole thing. He STILL is holding "campaign rallies." So hard to picture him not running again.

              • #25
                Originally posted by New Trail View Post
                The real problem for the Dems is: if the economy keeps going like it has been ( under Obama and now Trump) and if the Reps can convince voters that it's because of Trump, which is very possible for those voters and pundits who won't admit any Obama success, it may not matter WHAT the Dems do or who they run for president
                a good point - and, just like the lack of fundraising seems to be an anomaly, while trump is constantly lambasted in the media for being insane/incompetent/corrupt/etc. we see a continuation of this -

                U.S. consumer confidence at 16-year high July 25, 2017
                https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...igh/508178001/

                US Consumer Confidence Up At 16 Year High Again - The Economy Will Be Good Jul 25, 2017
                https://www.forbes.com/sites/timwors.../#62e1e2934153

                are people so greedy they're willing to ride with a maniac to the apocalypse as long as there's a dollar in it for them? sometimes it seems that the portrayal in the media is at odds with the actions/perceptions of the masses - that's probably where the `strange days' feeling comes from...
                Last edited by wallywanker; 09-10-2017, 05:43 PM.
                __________________________________________________ ______________________________
                new sig currently under construction

                Comment


                • #26
                  Originally posted by wallywanker View Post

                  a good point - and, just like the lack of fundraising seems to be an anomaly, while trump is constantly lambasted in the media for being insane/incompetent/corrupt/etc. we see a continuation of this -

                  U.S. consumer confidence at 16-year high July 25, 2017
                  https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...igh/508178001/

                  US Consumer Confidence Up At 16 Year High Again - The Economy Will Be Good Jul 25, 2017
                  https://www.forbes.com/sites/timwors.../#62e1e2934153

                  are people so greedy they're willing to ride with a maniac to the apocalypse as long as there's a dollar in it for them? sometimes it seems that the portrayal in the media is at odds with the actions/perceptions of the masses - that's probably where the `strange days' feeling comes from...
                  I think his portrayal in the media is pretty in line with every other president with a 35% approval rating.

                  The question you need to be asking is why isn't the good economy helping him as it usually does presidents?

                  Or maybe it is and otherwise his approval rating would be at 25%?

                  Why makes you think consumer confidence levels have anything to do with how people feel about Trump?
                  Last edited by guido61; 09-10-2017, 06:13 PM.
                  ______________

                  Comment


                  • #27
                    Originally posted by wallywanker View Post

                    a good point - and, just like the lack of fundraising seems to be an anomaly, while trump is constantly lambasted in the media for being insane/incompetent/corrupt/etc. we see a continuation of this -

                    U.S. consumer confidence at 16-year high July 25, 2017
                    https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...igh/508178001/

                    US Consumer Confidence Up At 16 Year High Again - The Economy Will Be Good Jul 25, 2017
                    https://www.forbes.com/sites/timwors.../#62e1e2934153

                    are people so greedy they're willing to ride with a maniac to the apocalypse as long as there's a dollar in it for them? sometimes it seems that the portrayal in the media is at odds with the actions/perceptions of the masses - that's probably where the `strange days' feeling comes from...
                    Or how about the fact that even though consumer confidence is high, the "right direction/wrong track" numbers remain stubbornly bad.

                    http://www.pollingreport.com/right.htm
                    ______________

                    Comment


                    • #28
                      i think maybe we're asking the same question(s)...i could summarize mine as encompassing basically 'why are the signals so mixed'?
                      __________________________________________________ ______________________________
                      new sig currently under construction

                      Comment


                      • #29
                        More winning !
                        i like palin.
                        i think she would rattle some cages and that's what america needs.
                        ~ yumpy

                        Comment


                        • New Trail
                          New Trail commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm already tired of all this winning!

                      • #30
                        Originally posted by Microtilt View Post
                        If the RNC cannot stand the sound of a fresh, honest voice in their party, it's obvious that Mr. Trump should spearhead the charge of a new, vital 3rd party.

                        It's finally time for Trumpublicans to make their mark! Huzzah!
                        teh fixt
                        It's finally time for Trumdumblicans to make their mark!
                        the more they do, the more thinking people think

                        Comment













                        Working...
                        X