No announcement yet.

O/T: Kanye West fans have no idea who Paul McCartney is

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O/T: Kanye West fans have no idea who Paul McCartney is

Guess I'm either getting way past my "use by" date or else a lot of kids are just truly out of touch considering the fact that someone as iconic as Sir Paul McCartney is unknown to them. It doesn't matter whether you like McCartney or not (and not everyone does of course) but one would think that anyone who listens to music would at least have a clue who he is.

Here's a link:

http://www.eonline.com/news/610899/t...iety-is-doomed

And some of my favorite quotes:

"I don't know who Paul McCartney is, but Kanye is going to give this man a career w/ this new song!!"

"who tf is paul mccartney???!??! this is why i love kanye for shining light on unknown artists"

I'm willing to bet they all know who Justin Bieber is, though!

Last edited by Prime8; 01-04-2015, 09:09 AM.
    Originally posted by GTRMAN;n31424311

The hijacking of the Republican party by the religious right really did send the party into a tailspin of fundamentalism and black/white politics. It's really scary how it transformed the party.

On the bright side I still see lots of kids wearing The Beatles t-shirts.
    Last edited by Fred Fartboski : Today at...

Comment

There's no reason to assume Americans have a more expansive knowledge of pop culture than they do any other subject. The desire to improve, grow, and learn about the world is actually less prevalent than you might imagine.

Ignorance carries no shame. The desire to remain ignorant, on the other hand...
      I can't provide a link because leftists removed it from the internet.

Comment

He sure got a lot of intelligent fans

Comment

Who and who?
          Roll Tide!!!!!

Comment

Who's the new alt/troll?
            Last edited by Fred Fartboski; 01-04-2015, 09:52 AM.
            Last edited by Fred Fartboski : Today at...

Comment

I don't know who that west guy is either so.............................. Does he rap?
              Last edited by moogerfooger; 01-04-2015, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Most young Beatles fans probably didn't know who Rudy Vallee was either.

Comment

Who's this McCartney guy on drums, bass & backing vocals? Maybe Steve Miller can put him on the map

Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it.

-- Vaclav Havel

The Universe is unimaginably vast. For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

-- Carl Sagan

Life - the way it really is - is a battle not between Bad and Good but between Bad and Worse.

-- Joseph Brodsky

Comment

• jorhay1
                    jorhay1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wow! That song just makes me fly like an eagle!
                    Too bad "Paul Ramon's" career never took off.
                    He was good!

My daughter doesn't know who Paul McCartney is.
                  Roll Tide!!!!!

Comment

• E-money
                    E-money commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You must be very proud; she probably knows the history of Coleman lanterns but has no idea who the guy that wrote Hey Jude is.

Welcome to the way generations work, geezers. Your grandkids aren't going to know who Tony Iommi is. And their grandkids aren't going to know who Keshia is.

Comment

hahaha !! )))
                    __________-------------------------------------__________________________---------------
                    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." ---Albert Einstein

What is more liberal than this ?? )
                    We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union ...

Comment

Yet everyone knows who this guy is:
                      __________________________________________________ _________
                      arcadesonfire:
                      And even if I were complaining about Democrats in general, I think it's healthy to critique one's own kind
                      ______________________________________________ _________
                      guido61: Nobody wants to be around No Fun Trump
                      __________________________________________________ ______
                      Zig al-din: The whole concept of a polite political dialogue is an oxymoron
                      _____________________________________________ _________
                      ​prolurkerguy: Knee jerk + soap box = injury waiting to happen

Comment

Originally posted by jorhay1 View Post
                        Yet everyone knows who this guy is:

that's not dean!

foster brooks?
                        Last edited by yumpy; 01-05-2015, 02:48 AM.

Comment

My family and I used to drive from Toronto to NYC every year to visit my aunt and uncle who owned a restaurant in Manhatten. Several times when I talked to people on the street they had no idea where Canada was. That was 30+ years ago. There's lots of ignorant people on both sides of the border but I do believe if there was an Olympics for most ignorant, USA would win the gold for first world counties.
                          i like palin.
                          i think she would rattle some cages and that's what america needs.
                          ~ yumpy

Comment

Working...
                          X