Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reasons for America's decreased credit rating... NORQUIST!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasons for America's decreased credit rating... NORQUIST!

So at 2:57 last night, i tried to make this post in a thread about Republicans being so obstinate since Obama came in. Many fingers were pointing at Obama for our huge rise in debt.

I wrote all this, then hit "post" and saw the timer taking forever, so I copied my message into notepad on my desktop, and it's still here! So here's my final thought from the old acapella fun forum:

Two wars (fought by the most expensive army in the world) and a stock market crash. Let's all agree that stuff the majority on both sides wanted--such as two wars, easier loans--are huge huge reasons why we've got such debt. If somebody would like to show me statistical evidence that "entitlement" spending has increased by trillions since 2009 and that the increased payouts are not related to the country's/world's market folly, I will be happy to read and have some important new info in my head.

But for now, when it comes to dealing with this massive debt and thinking about the explanation given for our lowered credit rating, the issues are that there is not enough reduction in spending nor enough increase in revenue.

Now, how many congressional Democrats have signed a pledge stating they will never cut spending under any circumstances? How many congressional Republicans have signed a pledge stating they will never increase taxes under any circumstances? (it's 276 out of 289 total Republicans) I think this is what the OP is about.

m1

only in liberal whacko world can you get people to blame a credit downgrade on the people who want to cut spending and slow down borrowing.   

"you mess with him and you mess with the whole trailer park"

Comment

• moogerfooger
      moogerfooger commented
      Editing a comment

TIMKEYS wrote:

only in liberal whacko world can you get people to blame a credit downgrade on the people who want to cut spending and slow down borrowing.   

PSSSST---- repblicians dont want to decrease spending either.  they had their chance and didnt take it. they like to spend as much a s anyone.  the dems want to  tax and spend, and the repubs want to  borrow and spend.  either way- we get

• arcadesonfire
      arcadesonfire commented
      Editing a comment

TIMKEYS wrote:

If it's the fault of people who want to cut spending rather than people who refuse to raise revenue, then why are so many Republicans signing a pledge swearing they won't raise revenue rates? Why not sign a pledge saying they wouldn't ever increase spending?

This isn't exactly the S&P quote i was responding to last night, but it's very similar:

"Despite this year

S&P has a quote saying that the gridlock and the inability of the republicans to compromise was the reason for the rating downgrade.
    😉

Comment

• TIMKEYS
      TIMKEYS commented
      Editing a comment

S&P is in the tank.    You dont get your credit rating lowered by wanting to cut spending and slow down the amount of money you borrow.   The real problem is that obama wont stop running up the debt and wont  agree to any spending cuts.  

Working...
X