Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a bunch of f*ckin' whiners

So the forum isn't exactly like the old format.   So you've gotta learn how to do a few things differents.  So it's gonna take a bit of time to get used to the new format....

Big f*in deal.  Grow up and get over it.

I bet you are all the same people who bitched about how much you hated the look of the "new" currency issued a few years back.....

https://www.facebook.com/JumpStartYourParty
    http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/jumps...587fe5f12.html

I'm not a complainer but this design sucks. Just look at all the wasted space on the sides and the tiny little area to type in when you post. It's just plain ridiculous. Yeah, like anyone really wants to see some guy singing on one side and a left-handed guitarist on the other. Brother. Widen the forum.! Use the whole screen! It's not a big deal when you're reading and not posting but the post section is monumental fail. I'm already ready to throw up from scrolling back and forth in the post window.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Faith ruled the dark ages."

Comment

• quickie1
      quickie1 commented
      Editing a comment

Minning Around wrote:

I'm not a complainer but this design sucks. Just look at all the wasted space on the sides and the tiny little area to type in when you post. It's just plain ridiculous. Yeah, like anyone really wants to see some guy singing on one side and a left-handed guitarist on the other. Brother. Widen the forum.! Use the whole screen! It's not a big deal when you're reading and not posting but the post section is monumental fail. I'm already ready to throw up from scrolling back and forth in the post window.

First new "post of the weak" .....face palm new

Attached Files

• thankyou
      thankyou commented
      Editing a comment

Minning Around wrote:

Go to "my settings" and turn off the tags.

• normh
      normh commented
      Editing a comment

Minning Around wrote:

I'm already ready to throw up from scrolling back and forth in the post window.

Grab the little shaded triangle on the bottom right of the post window and drag the window down to enlargen the post area.

guido61 wrote:

So the forum isn't exactly like the old format.   So you've gotta learn how to do a few things differents.  So it's gonna take a bit of time to get used to the new format....

I bet you are all the same people who bitched about how much you hated the look of the "new" currency issued a few years back.....

Ok. I'm glad we asked you for your opinion.

Comment

• guido61
      guido61 commented
      Editing a comment

Sloppy Santa wrote:

guido61 wrote:

Because we're all so good about waiting to be asked before offering opinions around here.....

• Hoddy
      Hoddy commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the new forum just fine!

• moonlightin
      moonlightin commented
      Editing a comment

Sloppy Santa wrote:

guido61 wrote:

But he's right. Rather then looking at how to do things or offering some feedback to the designers... people are just whining and complaining. Some people are just not very good with change.

I agree. Surely they didn't expect things to stay the same. I knew there were going to be changes, it was logical that there would be. Maybe they should just go with what is now, figure out how some positive changes could be made, and get on with it. We have a new playground! It works! We can actually bit c h... errr communicate with each other again.

The language barrier thing though SHOULD be changed. As someone pointed out: we're adults.

Comment

Here's another problem I just noticed:

When you add a new post it takes you back to page one every time. It should take you directly to your new post. Duh.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Faith ruled the dark ages."

Comment

• moonlightin
        moonlightin commented
        Editing a comment

Minning Around wrote:

Here's another problem I just noticed:

When you add a new post it takes you back to page one every time. It should take you directly to your new post. Duh.

Right after you hit new post, I believe there is a box that says click to go to post. Minning... I replied to your post. It seems to put my reply right after your message instead of quoting you. I also have hoddy on ignore but the software doesn't seem to want to let me do that.

First post on the new forum.  I'm pleased to be able to add to the high brow conversation. 

"Anyone who believes exponential growth can go on forever is either a madman or an economist." Kenneth Boulding

Comment

All kinds of pains in the b*tt on this new forum.  Lots of issues.

But balance that against the most important one: It WORKS!!!

(obviously, adding HTML code doesn't seem to work....)

Comment

Just checking out how to post pics for future use!DSC03103.JPG

Attached Files

Comment

guido61 wrote:

I complain more about the fact that the currency is worth less and less with each passing day.

Comment

They just need to fix the quoting, color scheme, and forum width and we'll be 90% back to normal. 

Comment

guido61 wrote:

it looks like shlt

Comment

• gismo recording
                gismo recording commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow the post text box is really small. I don't like that the avatars are microscopic. But I don't have to go off and read some news articles on cnn.com while I'm waiting for the next page of posts to show up, so for that I'm thankful. That outweighs the other issues by far.

Working...
            X