Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon Sheriff says he is above Federal Law

An Oregon sheriff says he will not enforce any federal regulation that President Barack Obama lays out in his package of gun control proposals Wednesday.

F

U

C

K

it

i guess we no longer have quote tags...

any way, i think the FBI should investigate this **bleep**...  he doesn't get to decide what laws are constitutional or not...

GOD

A

M

N

republicans !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unbelievable...  the word

P

R

I

C

K

is censorsed...

i;'m out of here, this place bites now...

MY BUILD THREADSCedar/Aspen Les Paul, Les Paul Build #2MY REFINISH THREADSWater Drop Dean VX, Grizzly Samba Firefly Kit, Kramer Frankenstrat'73 LP Custom, '04 LP Goldtop Classic, Marshall TSL122good transactions: RUExp?, JJPistols, Nevermind, OldFenderGuy. OsirisProtocol, twisty571, chemten, cavpilot, rwe416, tomr63, MaddogBob, danhauk, Mike Fiasco, Talic, Offthiscentury & iplayanesp

Oregon isn't the only state where Sheriffs are giving the Feds the bird.

Comment

• Kardula
      Kardula commented
      Editing a comment

mauser wrote:

Oregon isn't the only state where Sheriffs are giving the Feds the bird

There are judges here in TX who believe the US Constitution doesn't apply to the state.

Let's hope this sheriff winds up behind bars where he belongs.

Comment

• TIMKEYS
      TIMKEYS commented
      Editing a comment

This is interesting ,,, we have obama and holder refusing to enforce federal drug laws in states, but yet you exect him to ignore state laws  when it comes to guns..  Food for thought. 

If texas made pot legal obama would ingore the federal laws,, if texas chose to make high cap mags legal obama should also let texas slide on high cap mags due to state laws in texas

• mdwagner73
      mdwagner73 commented
      Editing a comment

The Moss wrote:
      Let's hope this sheriff winds up behind bars where he belongs.

Actually, state and local law enforcement are not obligated to enforce federal law.  Enforcement would be the FBI's responsibility.

• RevRomansky
      RevRomansky commented
      Editing a comment
      Right beside you at the FEMA camp.

He needs to be arrested for breaking the law.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

Comment

Let me see if I have this right?

Obama can be above the law and bypass Congress, but the Sheriff cannot refuse to enforce illegal law?  Is this correct?

Comment

• Zooey
        Zooey commented
        Editing a comment

normh wrote:

Obama can be above the law and bypass Congress, but the Sheriff cannot refuse to enforce illegal law?  Is this correct?

That depends on what the laws are.  Can you describe them?

Generally, the federal government cannot force states to spend their own money implementing and enforcing federal law.  That's the reason the first Brady Bill was struck down by the Supreme Court. 

• savoldi
        savoldi commented
        Editing a comment

normh wrote:

Obama's not above the law, and yes he can bypass Congress in some ways. And you don't get to decide if something's llegal.

Working...
    X