Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoting from a mobile device.

I'm not seeing a way to do this, at least not from my Droid phone.

Any ideas?

Clicking on the photo or video icon isn't working in my IE Explorer either, but it works on FireFox. I imagine there are going to be some loose ends that need tending to for awhile.

Comment

The mobile version of the site does not support quoting and if your on a iOS or android device ( including iPads and tablets) the forum defaults to mobile view and you cannot find a link back to the full site. It's frankly a crock of **bleep** !
      "nothing exceeds like excess"

Image Line software - Effects, VST's, DAW's and more ......

Comment

• yanktar
        yanktar commented
        Editing a comment

DrPopper wrote:
        The mobile version of the site does not support quoting and if your on a iOS or android device ( including iPads and tablets) the forum defaults to mobile view and you cannot find a link back to the full site. It's frankly a crock of **bleep** !

I may try "Chrome" on my iPad.  That usually gives the full site.  Safari is a **bleep** but it's convenient.  I don't like Chrome much but there's no Firefox for iPads. 

Yet again, if you want ANYTHING outside of Apple's "Gilded Cage" you are royally and totally scr#wed.

There's an option at the bottom of my screen to use the full site, but the quote function, while available there, doesn't seem to work either.

Comment

• yanktar
        yanktar commented
        Editing a comment

mauser wrote:
        There's an option at the bottom of my screen to use the full site, but the quote function, while available there, doesn't seem to work either.

Truce.

Do you have Firefox installed on your Android?  Sometimes FF allows you to get around mobile app limitations.  Not always.  I haven't tried the site on my Galaxy III S yet.  Just my desktop and iPad.

No, Firefox isn't installed. I'll check it out though.

Comment

• yanktar
        yanktar commented
        Editing a comment

mauser wrote:
        No, Firefox isn't installed. I'll check it out though.

It may help or work. I generally use it as the default browser on my phone.  Good luck with it.

Apparently my original Motorola Droid is too old for Firefox.

Comment

• yanktar
        yanktar commented
        Editing a comment

mauser wrote:
        Apparently my original Motorola Droid is too old for Firefox.

Too bad! Sorry about that!  Can't update the Android S/W sufficiently?  I don't think FF works with Gingerbread, or maybe it's an earlier version yet. 

Working...
    X