Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your electricity bill, how much

Just got ours today. A freak'n $140 for one month.  This is out rageous .

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a look at the American Indian" — Henry Ford

$73.00 a month but that included electricity, water, sewer and trash pickup.

Originally Posted by Papa Grizzly

Auntie Em just piddled her knickers.

Originally Posted by 55gibby

It's OK that you're a dumbass... but it's not OK that you're boring. If you're going to be stupid, a least be funny

Originally Posted by Hoddy

First off, I'm not Hoddy, and secondly as far as groveling is concerned, probably about as much as Johnny66 or Daddysguitar did when they were banned.

Comment

• thankyou
      thankyou commented
      Editing a comment
      We're all-electric. No gas or oil for heat - we have a ground source system, though we have a wood burning stove for supplemental heat. Our total power bill averages about $100 to $120 a month year round. It's never gone over $200 in over four years.

• DesertDirtDog
      DesertDirtDog commented
      Editing a comment

newbie chick wrote:

$73.00 a month but that included electricity, water, sewer and trash pickup.

How long have you been living in a semi-subterranean 15' diameter yurt insulated with haybales? :catsurprised:

I just paid mine today, $187 for one month.

Geezer Brigade Trooper #30
    1st generation Irish

Comment

guitarville wrote:

My place is electrically heated.  Last month the bill was $92.  I have had winter bills as high as $150 in the past.  The electric companies bill higher in the winter and for consumers.  Many industrial complexes pay a fixed yearly rate, but that option is not available for the home user.

In other homes that were gas heated, I have had gas bills as high as $250.

Comment

• lagger
        lagger commented
        Editing a comment

about 65~70 dollars a month for a 4 br 3 bath bi-level ..

My main residence runs about 270 ish..... The weekend get away about 130ish...

God Bless America.

Comment

• Kardula
        Kardula commented
        Editing a comment

Currently paying less than $31.00. I don't use heat in winter and use the money saved to pay for coolness in summer.

WIth my old roommates though we would top out around $300

• willhaven
        willhaven commented
        Editing a comment

I have no idea.

• Fred Fartboski
        Fred Fartboski commented
        Editing a comment

Bundled electricity, water, garbage collection and sewer in LA(DWP): between $275 and $325 every two months for a 1200 square foot, two bedroom, two bathroom house.

That did not include natural gas which we used for cooking and heating. The natural gas bill ranged from under $10 a month in the warmer months when we only used it for cooking, to almost $200 a month in the colder months when we used it for heating, as well.

Mine is usually about $200 a month, and that is with no heat or A/C. 90% of our electricity in Hawaii comes from oil, so it is very expensive - and at the mercy of the world oil markets. When oil goes up our Electricity goes up. When oil goes down, it goes down much slower than it went up. Funny how that works.

Comment

• UberPwnage
        UberPwnage commented
        Editing a comment
        The last one I paid was $81.53 for a 2 bd 2 bth house.

• Fred Fartboski
        Fred Fartboski commented
        Editing a comment

splatbass wrote:

90% of our electricity in Hawaii comes from oil, so it is very expensive - and at the mercy of the world oil markets. When oil goes up our Electricity goes up. When oil goes down, it goes down much slower than it went up. Funny how that works.

Yeah. It's a real racket.

guitarville wrote:

Ours is about $120/mos for the moment. We got rid of the waterbed so that helps. Switched to LED Christmas lights which is good too.

Comment

It's been $215 per month for the last couple of years, but this month it's due to drop to an even $200 due to my persistent nagging at my wife, who likes the thermostat set at 79 in winter and 70 in summer.
        Stumblin' thru da ghost town.....

Comment

• infragreen
          infragreen commented
          Editing a comment

DesertDirtDog wrote:
          It's been $215 per month for the last couple of years, but this month it's due to drop to an even $200 due to my persistent nagging at my wife, who likes the thermostat set at 79 in winter and 70 in summer.

I have the same problem in the winter with my wife. If I had my way it'd never crack 70, even on sub-zero days. (Which we have plenty of this time of year.)

I abuse the  AC though. I actually prefer winter weather to the dog days. I'm a sweaty fatass.

Not sure about my house, but my cabin makes me money on electricity
        I'm not a gynecologist, but I'll be glad to take a look

Float like a butterfly, sting like VD

What happens up north, stays up north

Comment

Working...
        X