• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The F-15...an American success story!

The F-15 Is Hands Down The Best American Fighter Ever Built [PHOTOS]

f15

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-f-15-is-americas-successfull-jet-2013-1

Attached Files
    “The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything”

Albert Einstein

What did you eat to day? I hope it was fatty and greasy. 

I HAVE SPOKEN

Comment

• Hoddy
      Hoddy commented
      Editing a comment

Mossy Mossy Moss wrote:

What did you eat to day? I hope it was fatty and greasy. 

Fresh fruit and a small salad.

It's really a shame how poorly written that was. The author got multiple, major portions of the subject matter and aircraft's history entirely, **bleep**-backwards wrong. Example - two aircraft turning at an equal 500 knots - one is turning at a 7.33 G rate, the other is turning at a 9G rate. Which is turning tighter ? (The 7.3G rating for the F-15 is not the tighter turn - the dazzled and gushing author seems to not understand this simple point).

In a more subtle vein, I wonder if the F-16 in its various versions has outsold the F-15 in each category - number of operator countries, total number of aircraft, and total aggregate value of sales (including domestic US sales for each plane). After all, the Falcon was always intended to be the 'quantity' complement to the F-16.

“Never attribute to malice the things which can be adequately explained by stupidity.”I play guitar, bass and drums with equal enthusiasm and lack of skill.

Comment

And yet it was still a giant waste of money.

It was introduced in 1976, long after any fighter jet would have been needed for dogfights against a major power.

Comment

• rbstern
        rbstern commented
        Editing a comment

Caulk Rocket wrote:
        And yet it was still a giant waste of money.

It was introduced in 1976, long after any fighter jet would have been needed for dogfights against a major power.

Nyet.

Working...
    X