Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things that happen on Gun Appreciation Day.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things that happen on Gun Appreciation Day.

Background: Heartless tone deaf bullshit.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-obama-gun-protests-20130119,0,2752506.story

Pro-gun activists plan rallies in 49 states at "high noon" on Saturday to support the right to own firearms they say is under attack from President Barack Obama's proposals to reduce gun violence.

The rallies, to be held mostly at state capitals, were being organized by a group called Guns Across America that was launched by Texas airline pilot Eric Reed.

The reality? Fuckin' lulz.

I'm sure those people really appreciated being shot.

I hope they can file charges. Irresponsible idiots like this should lose their 2nd Amendment rights forever. Bringing a loaded gun to a gun show? What a fuckin' dope.

http://www2.nbc17.com/news/2013/jan/19/2-injured-accidental-shooting-raleigh-gun-show-ar-2951638/

Gun Show Shooting

RALEIGH, N.C. --

Three people were injured when a shotgun accidentally discharged at the Dixie Gun and Knife Show at the State Fairgrounds in Raleigh.

The owner of the gun, Gary Lynn Wilson of Wilmington, unzipped the 12-gauge shotgun and it accidentally discharged. The weapon was loaded with birdshot type ammunition. 

Joel Keith, Chief of police for the Department of Agriculture, said that no law enforcement officer touched the weapon before it discharged. 

Wilson, 36, was going to sell the gun privately at the show. 

Janet Hoover, 54, of Benson, was hit in torso on the right side. Linwood Hester, 50,  of Durham, was hit in the left hand. Jake Alderman, a retired Wake County deputy, was hit in the right hand. 

All three were transported to WakeMed. Alderman was released later. 

Witness Daniel Peadan told WNCN, "I was actually getting ready to step inside the building. I was at the door when I heard a loud pop."

"The people right there at the door, a lot of them ran," Peadan said. "A lot of them ran, they scattered because it was chaotic." 

Peadon said, "I do have to say the security officers and law enforcement did a good job to contain the situation."

The Dixie Gun and Knife Show will be open on Sunday but there will be no private gun sales on the property.  

The Wake County Sheriff Donnie Harrison said that he will consult with the district attorney about filing charges. 

"I want to emphasize that this was an accident," Keith said. "If we thought that it was a problem or a hazard or was dangerous, we would not have this show."

Don't even bother. You can't win.

Jobs created by the GOP: 1
    http://i.imgur.com/V2FbfNh.jpg

Flag a Post
    The Report has been sent.
    [OK]

I appreciate that gun show story.

Comment

• willhaven
      willhaven commented
      Editing a comment

I think it's about time we took their guns away.

And more...

Ind. man shoots himself while leaving gun show

The Associated Press

INDIANAPOLIS -- Police say a 54-year-old Indianapolis man was injured when he accidentally shot himself while leaving a gun show.

Indiana State Police say Emory L. Cozee was loading his .45 caliber semi-automatic when he shot himself in the hand Saturday afternoon as he was leaving the Indy 1500 Gun and Knife show at the state fairgrounds.

Loaded personal weapons are not allowed inside the show.

Cozee was taken to Wishard Hospital for treatment.

Police say the shooting was accidental and no charges will be filed.

Aaaaand more...

Dealer Accidentally Shoots Man at Ohio Gun Show

Authorities say an accidental shooting at an Ohio gun show has left one man wounded.

Police in Medina (meh-DEYE'-nuh) say a gun dealer was checking out a semi-automatic handgun he'd bought Saturday when he accidentally pulled the trigger.

Police Chief Pat Berarducci (BEHR'-uh-doo-chee) says it appears the bullet struck the floor, then a longtime friend of the gun dealer. The man was wounded in the arm and leg.

Berarducci says the man was taken by helicopter to a Cleveland hospital. His condition isn't known.

Police say the gun's magazine had been removed from the firearm but one round remained in the chamber.

Medina is about 30 miles south of Cleveland.

After Gun Appreciation Day is over, I plan to spend tomorrow celebrating Claw Hammer Appreciation Day. You can build more with a Claw Hammer than a Gun.

Comment

• RedRoadEnsemble
      RedRoadEnsemble commented
      Editing a comment
      Pete Seeger knew when to bring a hammer.

We need a Preparation H appreciation day.  The stuff really works. 

Comment

• RedRoadEnsemble
      RedRoadEnsemble commented
      Editing a comment

Never felt the majic of Prep H. Should I look forward to it?

• moonlightin
      moonlightin commented
      Editing a comment

Another Brick wrote:

We need a Preparation H appreciation day.  The stuff really works. 

yep

Working...
X