Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's ahead for weakened Boner?

That's how I read it when I saw the CNN headline: What's ahead for weakened Boehner?

Everybody knows that words starting in "boe" are not pronounced "bay". For example, Boeing is not pronounced Baying. Boehner just didn't like the name Boner so he told everyone his name was pronounced Bayner.

:cat:

Anyonyone who cries that much never has a Boehner.

Comment

• moonlightin
      moonlightin commented
      Editing a comment

Alndln3 wrote:

Anyonyone who cries that much never has a Boehner.

Hence the name bayner. Bay..ner.  Bay as in water bay... tears. Bay of pigs.

VanHalen wrote:

That's how I read it when I saw the CNN headline: What's ahead for weakened Boehner?

Everybody knows that words starting in "boe" are not pronounced "bay". For example, Boeing is not pronounced Baying. Boehner just didn't like the name Boner so he told everyone his name was pronounced Bayner.

:cat:

I think that John of Orange has tears and heartache in his future because the TEAbaggers are going to make his life hell because they will continue to refuse to cooperate with anyone.  The TEAparty still incorrectly believes that that they have the numbers to get their own way so they do not have to cooperate, even within their own party.

Boehner needs to call them put publicly or the 2014 elections will be the effective end of the GOP because of their obstructionist political tactics and their extremist social conservative stance.   

I wonder if there is anyone in his home, the  8th district in Ohio, who wants to challenge Boehner in 2 years because they might have a chance?  

Originally Posted by Papa Grizzly

Auntie Em just piddled her knickers.

Originally Posted by 55gibby

It's OK that you're a dumbass... but it's not OK that you're boring. If you're going to be stupid, a least be funny

Originally Posted by Hoddy

First off, I'm not Hoddy, and secondly as far as groveling is concerned, probably about as much as Johnny66 or Daddysguitar did when they were banned.

Comment

• yanktar
      yanktar commented
      Editing a comment

I'm not fan of John Boehner and think he has the worst job in national politics. I cannot remember a Speaker since Foley who faced a bigger challenge and whose job was more like herding cats. 

But, ironically, I think Boehner is finally, FINALLY figuring out how to do his job, how to run his caucus, and how to punish those and marginalize those who refuse to play nicely in the sand box.  I'm not actually sure he is weaker, but may actually now be stronger, and have MORE leverage with the WH, but rather realistic leverage and not simply a broad, dull veto.

Hopefully he'll have an epiphany and realize the only way out of this mess is to slash spending, genuinely balance the budget, and reject calls from within and without his party for greater levels of debt.

But it's highly unlikely he has the courage to do the right thing.

Comment

boehner

Attached Files

Comment

Imagine how he got teased in school with a last name that spells boner. No wonder he is so hateful!

Comment

• thankyou
          thankyou commented
          Editing a comment

VanHalen wrote:

Imagine how he got teased in school with a last name that spells boner. No wonder he is so hateful!

When he was a kid, he used to help clean his parent's bar, where IIRC think the family lived in quarters abover the business.  It looks like he has long taken solice in its products.

Working...
      X