Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

House GOP to vote on debt limit. Kudos, maybe.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Splat: What ideology might that be?

Comment

• splatbass
      splatbass commented
      Editing a comment

mauser wrote:
      Splat: What ideology might that be?

Right wing extremist.

Wanting the government to live within its means is so extreme.....

Comment

• note4note
      note4note commented
      Editing a comment

mauser wrote:
      Wanting the government to live within its means is so extreme.....

It's rare in our history...at least in the last 100 years.

Guido: I believe I answered a similar question already.

Comment

• planteater-X
      planteater-X commented
      Editing a comment
      Obviously, the limit will be raised again. The US can't function under the current debt limit.

Tom: They originate in the House regardless of which party is in control.

And unfortunately for the country, neither party wants to live within its means.

Comment

• RedRoadEnsemble
      RedRoadEnsemble commented
      Editing a comment

What recent president took wars off the budget?

Tom: The pattern is that neither party is interested in spending less money.

You already know that, but you're simply too invested in the Democrat Party.

Comment

• Tom Hicks
      Tom Hicks commented
      Editing a comment

mauser wrote:
      Tom: The pattern is that neither party is interested in spending less money.

You already know that, but you're simply too invested in the Democrat Party.

the pattern is that the GOP controls the house, which is where spending originates. i understand you would rather speak vaguely about this specific issue than stipulate their responsibility in this matter, since it undercuts your control of spending talking point.

the further pattern is that the GOP routinely raised the debt limit when their party controlled the presidency, and only uses the issue as a political weapon against obama.

these are all facts of which i speak. but you are welcome to reply with further opinions. you are entitled to believe what you like, no matter what the facts show.

Tom: doesn't matter to me which party is in control, because they're both dismal failures.

Comment

• gspointer
      gspointer commented
      Editing a comment

"Democrats haven't passed a budget since 2009, opting against weeklong floor debates that would have exposed party members to dozens of politically difficult votes or put themselves on record in favor of tax hikes or huge deficits."

• Tom Hicks
      Tom Hicks commented
      Editing a comment

mauser wrote:
      Tom: doesn't matter to me which party is in control, because they're both dismal failures.

of course it matters, as the different parties have different policy positions. and the Ds never used control of the house to make the debt ceiling a political issue that downgraded the national credit rating.

once again, i counter your beliefs with facts. you are of course entitled to your own beliefs, but not entitled to your own facts.

Working...
X