Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how many of you knuckleheads are still against gay marriage?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how many of you knuckleheads are still against gay marriage?

To bring back the age-old debate in celebration of the new forum...

Originally Posted by Noam Chomsky

Whenever you hear anything said very confidently, the first thing that should come to mind is, wait a minute is that true?

I'm of the belief that 'It's none of my business'..

If it doesn't hurt or affect me or the others around me then it's hardly my business telling people how to live their lives

What's with these smilies???  :cat:

"(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P

Comment

• Booker
      Booker commented
      Editing a comment

All these idiots up in arms about some gun control, you'd think they weren't allowed to marry who they wanted to or something.

If this is a proposal, you will have to ask my wife for my hand.

One generation plants the trees,
    The other feels the shade.

...Otis Gibbs

Comment

• yanktar
      yanktar commented
      Editing a comment

thankyou wrote:

If this is a proposal, you will have to ask my wife for my hand.

If there's a dowry she may be willing to pay it! :mansurprised:

radomu wrote:

The only people still against gay marriage are closeted gays jealous of gays who don't hate themselves. 

I HAVE SPOKEN

Comment

• The Badger
      The Badger commented
      Editing a comment

Mossy Mossy Moss wrote:

radomu wrote:

The only people still against gay marriage are closeted gays jealous of gays who don't hate themselves. 

You forgot the Christian Fundamentalists who refuse to give ground on any issue, lest they discover that everything they believe is over-hyped nonsense being peddled by an organization that wants their money.

I am against gay marriage when it is a demand for religious organization to violate the tenements of their beliefs.

Find a church that willing marries gays and I have no problem.

When a religious function, follow the beliefs of that religion, when a state/government function follow the law.  Unless you find the first amendment to be irrelevant.

Comment

• radomu
      radomu commented
      Editing a comment

normh wrote:

I am against gay marriage when it is a demand for religious organization to violate the tenements of their beliefs.

When a religious function, follow the beliefs of that religion, when a state/government function follow the law.  Unless you find the first amendment to be irrelevant.

I guess most Americans agree with that definitely, even probably most of those who support gay marriage.

I disagree under the same principle of the Civil Rights movement, that to a greate degree private institutions should be forced to not to discriminate. If restaurants and other businesses in the South are not allowed to discriminate against blacks, then I don't see why churches should not be forced to become similarly descent institutions in a descent society and be coerced to allow same sex marriages. Also, under the ideas of anticlericalism, certain forms of social conformity to suppress indescent medieval practices should be put in place.

It certainly was not the law that eliminated discrimination in the Mormon church, or the official position of anti-semitism of the Catholic church, but thank god these ideas don't permiate today. Because if they are, they should be coerced to abandon these doctrines.

• yanktar
      yanktar commented
      Editing a comment

normh wrote:

I agree with this, completely.  Personally, I would like to see the "state" drop the term "marriage", at least as a legal term, and make them all civil contracts.  Let the churches, synagogues, mosques, temples, meeting halls, determine what THEY consider "marriage".  My wife will still be my wife. It won't change a thing.

• New Trail
      New Trail commented
      Editing a comment

Marriage is a government sanctioned union that does not require a church ceremony.

From Wiki:"Marriage (also called matrimony or wedlock) is a social union or legal contract between people called spouses that establishes rights and obligations between the spouses, between the spouses and their children, and between the spouses and their in-laws." 

A legal marriage does not require a church or a pastor and does not involve addressing the beliefs of any church.

http://japandailypress.com/gay-marriage-debate-japan-next-hope-equal-rights-activists-307751

Comment

I don't want a gay marriage

Comment

There's a special kind of love that only two of the same gender can share

Comment

Working...
        X