Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banning "assault weapons"....

In response to gun violence is like banning Ferraris in response to vehicular homicide deaths.

Was everyone so insane over this the last time we had the ban in effect? -Adam
    Originally Posted by nicholai

He seems to like bacon a lot......

Originally Posted by Luigi

Jesus probably doesn't love everyone, especially ****************************s. He probably wants to punch them but He won't. That's what makes him Jesus.

Originally Posted by GuitarNoobie

...we should be talking about the national debt, the number of incarcerated citizens in this country(the prison industrial complex), the military industrial complex, the so called war on drugs and corporations/banks that are running over people and buying our politicians...

Comment

• dblazer
      dblazer commented
      Editing a comment

Very true. Assault weapons are used in something like 2% of gun crimes, or is it some smaller perentage of gun crimes?

Stupid is as stupid does.

"These are weapons that will shred your venison before you eat it, or go through the walls of your apartment when you're trying to defend yourself,'' said Jonathan Lowy, director of the Legal Action Project at the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, arguing that they're "made for mass killing, but not useful for law-abiding citizens."

• Tom Hicks
      Tom Hicks commented
      Editing a comment

Malcolm Ramone wrote:
      Was everyone so insane over this the last time we had the ban in effect? -Adam

oh yes. the federal assault weapons ban and brady bill handgun background check laws were before internet forum butthurt came into being though.

nedezero1 wrote:

In response to gun violence is like banning Ferraris in response to vehicular homicide deaths.

Derp

I HAVE SPOKEN

Comment

RobRoy
      'Course, I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Visconti
      I vowed if Jug & Plugs win a second term I would leave the forum never to return, but my good name "Visconti" will be in good standing and I always keep my promise.

Comment

• nedezero1
        nedezero1 commented
        Editing a comment

UberPwnage wrote:

That seems to be a recurring theme here....

• dblazer
        dblazer commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't you get tired of regurgitating that **bleep**? Seriously? They're designed to shoot rapidly. What is being shot at is still a decision made by a person. The person is the problem, not the rapidity of fire.

It has nothing to do with crime and everything to do with control.

Comment

The nation that was once ready to fight and die in the defense of its own liberty is now ready to give away its liberty out of fear of death.

There are worse things than dying, and if you don't know that by now.....you will.

Comment

• erok123
          erok123 commented
          Editing a comment

mauser wrote:
          The nation that was once ready to fight and die in the defense of its own liberty is now ready to give away its liberty out of fear of death.

There are worse things than dying, and if you don't know that by now.....you will.

Ask the parents in Newtown, Conn if they agree with that. Then get back to us mkay?

• Bowe
          Bowe commented
          Editing a comment

mauser wrote:

so do you believe that liberty didn't exist until semi-automatic rifles and high capacity magazines where invented?

• Mossy Mossy Moss
          Mossy Mossy Moss commented
          Editing a comment

mauser wrote:

You're a simpleton. Shut up. 

nedezero1 wrote:

Whereas putting more guns in public places to end gun violence is like putting more cars on the  highways to reduce vehicular deaths.

Comment

• Porkchop
          Porkchop commented
          Editing a comment

Your analogy doesn't hold up. First, Cars cannot be used in a defensive posture (regarding reducing vehicular deaths. Guns can. Second, and more importantly, a perp would think twice if he knew that people around him were carrying. Gun free zones have the opposite effect, like most so-called screwy liberal concoctions. Don't be deaf to reason and blind to proof.

See this vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=fGaDAThOHhA

Erik: doesn't matter if they agree with it, unless you believe a minority, or even a majority, should be the arbiter of everyone else's liberty.

If you do then we can just rip up the Constitution now and end the pretense of liberty under which we currently live.

Comment

Working...
        X