Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting to know British Friends

I'm already in my second year in my university career here in Britain, and one of the things that I have noticed recently is that I haven't made virtually any close British friends. The overwhelming majority of my close friends are from other parts of Europe, primarily Southern Europe, and a few from the North.

I never had this problem with the American folks that I know, but I and virtually every other non-British student that I know here seem to find it difficult to fit into the British crowd and sometimes to even follow their conversation. Some of them don't even make the effort to get to know you, and while I understand that it is comfortable for them to interact with people of the same culture, it is very difficult to follow through when you happen to be drinking with a group of British peers.

To the Brits of HCPP, do you see that foreigners have difficulty fitting in in your country?

Originally Posted by Noam Chomsky

Whenever you hear anything said very confidently, the first thing that should come to mind is, wait a minute is that true?

radomu wrote: To the Brits of HCPP, do you see that foreigners have difficulty fitting in in your country?

As long as they're not annoying, they do just fine here. The same goes for locals

Comment

Working...
    X