Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "It was like a party"

"It was like a party," one former loan underwriter tells "Frontline's" Martin Smith. "We were getting through these loans as quick as we can. They were not being looked at like they should've been looked at."

'Frontline' Learns Firsthand Why Wall Street Is 'Untouchable'

Why haven't any senior Wall Street executives gone to jail for the financial crisis?

Since the financial system's collapse four years ago, that question has been asked over and over again. The question has sparked editorials, Congressional commissions, Oscar-winning documentaries and the Occupy Wall Street protests

I'm glad that I was not the only person who was watching Frontline's investigation into Wall Streets fraud and the DOJs apparent failure to prosecute any of the managers.

I hope that episode lights a fire under someone in DC and they begin to take action.

Originally Posted by Papa Grizzly

Auntie Em just piddled her knickers.

Originally Posted by 55gibby

It's OK that you're a dumbass... but it's not OK that you're boring. If you're going to be stupid, a least be funny

Originally Posted by Hoddy

First off, I'm not Hoddy, and secondly as far as groveling is concerned, probably about as much as Johnny66 or Daddysguitar did when they were banned.

Comment

• guido61
      guido61 commented
      Editing a comment

newbie chick wrote:

I'm glad that I was not the only person who was watching Frontline's investigation into Wall Streets fraud and the DOJs apparent failure to prosecute any of the managers.

I hope that episode lights a fire under someone in DC and they begin to take action.

They won't.

Obama's greatest failure as a president, IMO.  He's certainly seems to have no interest in going after these guys.  The GOP House certainly won't.  Who will in the Senate?  Elizabeth Warren and Al Franken and maybe a couple of other newbees who aren't completely beholden to Wall Street yet? 

That won't be enough.

• infragreen
      infragreen commented
      Editing a comment

newbie chick wrote:

If it was gonna happen, it would have happened by now.

I was working at a collection agency from 99 to 04. I sent a lot debtors off to contacts I had in the refi-business. Every so often I'd get a little kickback. They'd call to let me know and then brag up a storm. Punks telling me what hot **bleep** they were. It reminded me of that movie "Boiler Room".

Look at who the Treasury Secretary is.

Comment

And was.

Comment

SHRED wrote:

"It was like a party," one former loan underwriter tells "Frontline's" Martin Smith. "We were getting through these loans as quick as we can. They were not being looked at like they should've been looked at."

'Frontline' Learns Firsthand Why Wall Street Is 'Untouchable'

Why haven't any senior Wall Street executives gone to jail for the financial crisis?

Since the financial system's collapse four years ago, that question has been asked over and over again. The question has sparked editorials, Congressional commissions, Oscar-winning documentaries and the Occupy Wall Street protests

Comment

Working...
        X