Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I support Capital Punishment.

It's just too bad my state doesn't have it. When a person is this fukkt up in the head, the only good choice is to put them down.

http://www.kare11.com/news/article/1005495/391/St-Paul-man-charged-with-shooting-dismembering-wife

I used to support it.

Honestly though, I'm not sure the justice system has reached or ever will reach the point where it should be handing down sentences of such permanence.

Too many people have been found to be innocent years after being convicted.

Comment

• Stratfan
      Stratfan commented
      Editing a comment

I have a great idea to "fix" the problem of innocent people being executed. If someone is caught red-handed in the act of **bleep**, murder, etc. then execution will take place within 24 hours after a guilty verdict. If a **bleep** or murderer is convicted by witness testimony or circumstantial evidence, then there is the possibility that they are innocent and they would not be immediately executed, and would have a chance to prove their innocence.

Here's the best part: I have a plan to save a LOT of tax dollars by greatly reducing the prison population. Repeat violent offenders make up a large percentage of state and federal inmates. These repeat offenders commit violent crimes, go to jail, get out, commit violent crimes, go to jail, get out, over and over. For most of them, there is no way that they will ever become useful members of society. Why should the government be wasting our tax dollars housing these scumbags in prison? I say that if a violent offender gets arrested for a third violent offense, then he should immediately be executed after a guilty verdict. My reasoning is that if a criminal repeatedly harms other people every time he's on the street, then there is no possible way he should EVER be let back in society. Taxpayers should not have to pay for him to sit in jail; that money would be better spent on education, health care, or whatever. So, let's execute these monsters. The fact that they've committed violent crimes over and over again is proof that they are not innocent, so there's no need to worry that an innocent man may be executed.

This will also save tax dollars in other ways. I've worked in a prison for a long time, and these inmates usually make more babies every time that they get back out on the street. Who supports these babies? We do!

• RogueGnome
      RogueGnome commented
      Editing a comment

mauser wrote:

I used to support it.

Honestly though, I'm not sure the justice system has reached or ever will reach the point where it should be handing down sentences of such permanence.

Same here. Used to make sense to me. This government which many here love to hate is imperfect. There's no do-over when they get it wrong. Too many prosecutors have an agenda. Too much evidence is suppressed. The appeal process, necessary as it is, is too long and too costly.

"Sorry" doesn't cut it.

• quickie1
      quickie1 commented
      Editing a comment

mauser wrote:

I used to support it.

How many is "too many"? I used to be for CP but have softened over the years. As long as they can be kept locked up and segregated from others....let them rot.

infragreen wrote:

It's just too bad my state doesn't have it. When a person is this fukkt up in the head, the only good choice is to put them down.

I respectfully disagree - I do not support any killing whatsoever.

you can't control the wind but you can learn to sail

contentment is true wealth

Comment

• Marko
      Marko commented
      Editing a comment

I haven't supported the death penalty. It costs more to execute someone than it does to incarcerate for life. That alone makes prison the better choice. The war on drugs is also a failure.

Comment

• yumpy
      yumpy commented
      Editing a comment

WynnD wrote:
      I haven't supported the death penalty. It costs more to execute someone than it does to incarcerate for life. That alone makes prison the better choice. The war on drugs is also a failure.

ya, more if u wait 20 friggin years to do it. 

and the war on drugs? what dat about to do wit dis?

• ryan7585
      ryan7585 commented
      Editing a comment

WynnD wrote:

But the prisons are so overpopulated. Cost isn't as much the issue as is the ability to actually care for them. 

The war on drugs is **bleep** stupid. It is a lot of the reason the jails ARE so overpopulated.

infragreen wrote:

http://www.kare11.com/news/article/1005495/391/St-Paul-man-charged-with-shooting-dismembering-wife

Come down to Texas. We have it and love it. You from MN?

Comment

• Hoddy
      Hoddy commented
      Editing a comment

I support the death penalty when it's warranted.

infragreen wrote:

I disagree with you, but you're entitled to your opinion and in a way I understand it.

Yes, there are some horrible people who do terrible things.  You could argue that they don't deserve to live, and you'd probably have a point.  My point, however, is that the we don't deserve to kill - and if we're asking the state to kill on our behalf that amounts to the same thing.

Question: Why did the monkey fall out of the tree?

Answer: because it was dead.

Comment

• Bowe
      Bowe commented
      Editing a comment
      nothing shows someone that killing is wrong quite as much as killing them

infragreen wrote:

i bet you would feel different if you had a relative that was wrongfully charged, convicted and executed...

i do understand the rights inability to think past their own selfish views but you should try.  it's enlightening... 

MY BUILD THREADSCedar/Aspen Les Paul, Les Paul Build #2MY REFINISH THREADSWater Drop Dean VX, Grizzly Samba Firefly Kit, Kramer Frankenstrat'73 LP Custom, '04 LP Goldtop Classic, Marshall TSL122good transactions: RUExp?, JJPistols, Nevermind, OldFenderGuy. OsirisProtocol, twisty571, chemten, cavpilot, rwe416, tomr63, MaddogBob, danhauk, Mike Fiasco, Talic, Offthiscentury & iplayanesp

Comment

An Edmonton man who spent eight years in prison for sexually assaulting his nine-year-old stepson has been acquitted after the boy said that his biological father forced him to lie.The man, who cannot be named under a publication ban, was convicted in 1995 and served his entire prison sentence. He was denied parole because he refused to admit to the offence.

It's a good thing Alberta (the Texas of Canada) does not use capital punishment for these or any other types of crime.

I understand where the OP is coming from in this thread but I do not think that we have the right to take another persons life even if we feel justified at the time.

link to story

you can't control the wind but you can learn to sail

contentment is true wealth

Comment

Murder rates:

d

Attached Files

Comment

• radomu
          radomu commented
          Editing a comment

The link posted on the OP shows that there are mentally challenged people out there. Just that. 

Caulk Rocket wrote:

Murder rates:

d

The states that do have the death penalty are those which are more backward and crime-ridden anyways. I dunno if it has a connection with the actual murder.

Attached Files

Working...
      X