Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

So it's been a week now...what do you guys think...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So it's been a week now...what do you guys think...

...about our new home? I think it's OK...there's still a few things I'd like to see fixed or added, but overall it seems OK. Seems most of the familiar faces are here and it's pretty much back to business as usual.

“The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything”

Albert Einstein

Hoddy wrote: business as usual.

The way forward for the region lies in peaceful coexistence within the 1949 borders

Comment

Clunky. Avatars too small. Too much wasted space on the sides that could be used for text. Font too small, increasing it in preferences didn't do anything. Not user friendly. Spell checker is a pain in the ass.

in short, it sucks. The only thing improved is the speed. Everything else is worse.

Comment

• Zeopold
        Zeopold commented
        Editing a comment

splatbass wrote:

Clunky. Avatars too small. Too much wasted space. Not user friendly. Spell checker is a pain in hte ass.

in short, it sucks. The only thing improved is the speed. Everything else is worse.

Demand your money back

• Hoddy
        Hoddy commented
        Editing a comment

I find navigating this site very easy...avat

splatbass wrote:

Clunky. Avatars too small. Too much wasted space on the sides that could be used for text. Font too small, increasing it in preferences didn't do anything. Not user friendly. Spell checker is a pain in the ass.

I find navigating this site very easy...the avatars don't bother me at all...I don't use spell checker...I think they got rid of a lot of the wasted space...here's what it looks like on my PC...

hc

Sure there are still bugs to work out...but I think it has potential. BTW....there is a forum just for suggestions on how to make the site better.

Attached Files

Hoddy wrote:

...about our new home? I think it's OK...there's still a few things I'd like to see fixed or added, but overall it seems OK. Seems most of the familiar faces are here and it's pretty much back to business as usual.

it's ok, pretty harsh on the eyes, tho. too black and white. 

also there is no link back to a post from a quote if you want to find out what is being talked about. 

avi's too small. 

Comment

It needs a poll function. It was fun to see the mainstream pick the liberal answers while the extreme few pick the conservative answers.

Comment

• Marko
          Marko commented
          Editing a comment
          I

• larry50
          larry50 commented
          Editing a comment

Everything seems to work for me, but I can't see any pics.  I get the very top of every pic, then nothing.

Any suggestions?

• Ed
          Ed commented
          Editing a comment
          It's clunky, but at least it works.

I like it pretty well. Like you said, there are a few bugs, but nothing major. I'm glad the site actually loads now.

Comment

• Marko
          Marko commented
          Editing a comment

Zig al-din wrote:

I like it pretty well. Like you said, there are a few bugs, but nothing major. I'm glad the site actually loads now.

+1

For as much as I care, I can live with it.  No more, no less.

As before, I have a choice to either participate or not.

gp

"The nature of bad news infects the teller."

The above is not to be taken too seriously.

Comment

Not sure it really matters.

Comment

Hoddy wrote:

The Amp forum is pretty much wiped out after posters either went to a new site or theopenjam site. At this point, aside from the lame tiny avatars and a few other things that could be improved, I don't think the format is bad.

__________________________________________________ ________
            Great transactions: -Juggernaut-, Beergoblin, Boris the Blade, Guttermouth, Tubesteakfortone, thriftyshirt, craftswitch, negative theory, and dethmetalanimal

Comment

Hoddy wrote:

Yeah, where vBullitin was a Cadillac (for forumizing), this is a chevy.  But it'll do.

Comment

Hoddy wrote:

At least it doesn't put us to sleep while using it.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a look at the American Indian" — Henry Ford

Comment

I'm enjoying the speedier site.  There are a few little annoyances, like the wasted space at the side of the text, and the rather ropey smileys, but what the hell.

Polls would be nice, as would multi-quote.

Question: Why did the monkey fall out of the tree?

Answer: because it was dead.

Comment

Hoddy wrote:

I think your summer breeze handle was better. Post pics of you chewing fatty food!

I HAVE SPOKEN

Comment

• RedRoadEnsemble
                      RedRoadEnsemble commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have to install Adobe Flash to upload photos? **************** that.

Working...
                  X