Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hitler and guns....

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hitler and guns....

     

    ...OK. What about Hitler and guns? Let's take a look:

    Hitler did not take away guns from Germans. He actually loosened the very strict gun laws of the Weimar Republic. He didn't rule Germany as a tyrant because Germans were unarmed; he stayed in power because most Germans at the time supported him.

    Armed opposition is no more effective than unarmed opposition against tyrants in our time. Look at the list of tyrannies that have fallen to non-violent protests: the Soviet Union, East Germany and all the East Bloc dictatorships, the military regimes in Argentina, Chile and Brazil, Mubarak, Tunisia, the Shah of Iran, apartheid South Africa, Marcos in the Philippines, and many others. Now look at the record of armed opposition-Libya- Qaddafi only fell because of NATO intervention; Syria-50,000 dead and the outcome is still uncertain. Let the record speak.

    http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/01/fox-news-hitler-guns.php?ref=fpa#comment-775591754


  • #2

    Wow.  That Hitler took away the right to own guns has been repeated so often by 2nd amendment warriors that I never even questioned it.  But it turns out you're right.   Not only did Hitler not take people's guns, he actually removed restrictions on gun ownership.  The Right is wrong again.  Whoda thunk it?

    I hope we're not too messianic or a trifle too Satanic.

    **************** art, buy junk.

    Comment


    • RogueGnome
      RogueGnome commented
      Editing a comment

      Invisible Hand wrote:

      Wow.  That Hitler took away the right to own guns has been repeated so often by 2nd amendment warriors that I never even questioned it.  But it turns out you're right.   Not only did Hitler not take people's guns, he actually removed restrictions on gun ownership.  The Right is wrong again.  Whoda thunk it?


      It is the Fox News creed. Tell a lie often enough and people will begin to believe it as true. They continue to validate this each and every day.


    • rbstern
      rbstern commented
      Editing a comment

      Sorry, folks, but the Nazi regime control and restriction of gun rights is very much real, and dates to 1934, just after Hitler's ascencion to the Chancellorship.

      In 1934, Minister of the Interior Wilhelm Frick issued an order (which carried the force of law) that all military weapons, including military small arms, must be surrendered to official commisars listed in local newspapers. Exceptions in the order allowed for members of the SA and SS, and personal exceptions, on a case by case basis, "only for such persons who can be considered reilabile from whom a loyal attitude to the national government can be expected." That was followed up by a reminder, in local newspapers, that the decree would be enforced "ruthlessly" after the March 31, 1934 turn-in deadline.

      The 1938 firearms laws were specifically targeted at the Jews. Here's the text of the law:

      Regulations Against Jews' Possession of Weapons

      11 November 1938

      With a basis in


    • #3

      SHRED wrote:

       

      ...OK. What about Hitler and guns? Let's take a look:

      Hitler did not take away guns from Germans. He actually loosened the very strict gun laws of the Weimar Republic. He didn't rule Germany as a tyrant because Germans were unarmed; he stayed in power because most Germans at the time supported him.

      Armed opposition is no more effective than unarmed opposition against tyrants in our time. Look at the list of tyrannies that have fallen to non-violent protests: the Soviet Union, East Germany and all the East Bloc dictatorships, the military regimes in Argentina, Chile and Brazil, Mubarak, Tunisia, the Shah of Iran, apartheid South Africa, Marcos in the Philippines, and many others. Now look at the record of armed opposition-Libya- Qaddafi only fell because of NATO intervention; Syria-50,000 dead and the outcome is still uncertain. Let the record speak.

      http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/01/fox-news-hitler-guns.php?ref=fpa#comment-775591754


      Yes, he eased restrictions... for German Aryans, state employees, Nazi party members, etc.  But guns were confiscated from those deemed "enemies of the state" like Jews, communists, socialists, etc.  So while he didn't take guns away from all Germans, he did take guns away from some groups.

      Comment


      • Bowe
        Bowe commented
        Editing a comment

        mdwagner73 wrote:

        Yes, he eased restrictions... for German Aryans, state employees, Nazi party members, etc.  But guns were confiscated from those deemed "enemies of the state" like Jews, communists, socialists, etc.  So while he didn't take guns away from all Germans, he did take guns away from some groups.


         

        the law in 1938 completely deregulated the sale of rifles, shotguns and ammunition, it was only illegal to sell them to Jews

        it was much easier for them to restrict firearms prior to this, when any gun required a permit


    • #4

      lol, history revisionists

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      {www.dronecloud.org}
      {www.soniccrayonfx.com}

      Comment


      • thefunkman
        thefunkman commented
        Editing a comment

        The next line of the "Hitler gun-ban quote:"


        "Indeed I would go so far as to say that the underdog is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty. So let's not have any native militia or police. [emphasis mine] German troops alone will bear the sole responsibility for the maintenance of law and order."




    • #5

      Okay well...it seems RB shot holes in the OP and the rest of lefty lunatic fringe that regurgitate the same old spam they send to eachother.

       

      Well done...

       

      Next...How Mao Tze Tung actually encourged the unrestricted ownership of guns among the peasants contrary to right wing myths.

      Comment


      • newbie chick
        newbie chick commented
        Editing a comment

        nedezero1 wrote:

        Okay well...it seems RB shot holes in the OP and the rest of lefty lunatic fringe that regurgitate the same old spam they send to each other.

         

        Well done...

         

        Next...How Mao Tze Tung actually encouraged the unrestricted ownership of guns among the peasants contrary to right wing myths.


        You are either stupid or you are trolling. 
         Spelling, like logic, is also not your strong suit. Mao Tse-tung


      • Bowe
        Bowe commented
        Editing a comment

        nedezero1 wrote:

        Okay well...it seems RB shot holes in the OP and the rest of lefty lunatic fringe that regurgitate the same old spam they send to eachother.

         

        Well done...

         

        Next...How Mao Tze Tung actually encourged the unrestricted ownership of guns among the peasants contrary to right wing myths.


        only a rightwinger could call ignoring the facts, even when they're plainly laid out as "shooting holes"

        although I guess not changing your mind, even when shown why you're wrong is a defining characteristic of the most extreme right


      • Just Me
        Just Me commented
        Editing a comment

        nedezero1 wrote:

        Okay well...it seems RB shot holes in the OP and the rest of lefty lunatic fringe that regurgitate the same old spam they send to eachother.

         

        Well done...

         

        Next...How Mao Tze Tung actually encourged the unrestricted ownership of guns among the peasants contrary to right wing myths.


        Reading is hard, isn't it?

        :catsad:


    • #6
      Lol @ rbstern studying white supremacist sites

      Comment


      • #7
        The guntards who are comparing themselves to jews during the war are fvking disgusting

        Comment


        • Zig al-din
          Zig al-din commented
          Editing a comment

          trainset wrote:
          The guntards who are comparing themselves to jews during the war are fvking disgusting

           

          Yeah..it's kind of shocking, actually. Maybe it shouldn't be at this point.... 


        • Boner
          Boner commented
          Editing a comment

          trainset wrote:
          The guntards who are comparing themselves to jews during the war are fvking disgusting


          As a jew, being compared to a guntard is even more disgusting.


      • #8
        Note mr nice guy mentions everyone except muslims...what about muslim persecution at the hands of brahmists in india?

        Typical right wing guntard bigot

        Comment


        • Mr.NiceGuy
          Mr.NiceGuy commented
          Editing a comment

          No, trannyset, Muslims were part of the "etc.,etc.,etc.,.

          But hows that dihmmytude working for you?

           

          There have been so many attempted exterminations of disarmed population subsets during the past century that I challenge anyone to list them all without looking them up.


      • #9

        lol@ the idea that all the other historical factors leading to genocide in any of these cases are suddenly IRRELEVANT.

         

        I guess the next time the US invades France, we should arm our troops with the Welsh longbow because that's exactly what a major power did once when they invaded France and they won-- we gotta learn from history!! 

        Comment


        • Mr.NiceGuy
          Mr.NiceGuy commented
          Editing a comment

          So you persist in your cognitive density.

           

          Talking with you is like talking to a pinwheel. You go round and round but don't get anywhere.

           

          Intentionally misinterpret and misquote so you can lol@ it. Last refuge of a lost argument.

           

          Lastly, I'll just quote you. Let's just let it sit here and putrify for awhile. Maybe you'll even re-read it and get a little embarrased. Or maybe not.

          "I guess the next time the US invades France, we should arm our troops with the Welsh longbow because that's exactly what a major power did once when they invaded France and they won-- we gotta learn from history!! "


      • #10
        Lol @ boner


        Lol @ mr nice guy challenges


        Comment


        • #11
          Lol @ guntard losing it


          Always the angriest...

          Comment


          • #12

            Hitler had the right idea. Thats why I'm a leftist.

            ________________________________________________
            Free my Willy

            Comment



            • Working...
              X