Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women in combat

Probably inevitable, but I'm not liking the idea.

"I don't see how the fat lady with the dog fits in." Stonedtone

"I usually know whats going to come out well. Im usually right." Davo17

"Don't make me spell bitch on your ass with a backwards B." moonlight

"He believes that when you've worked hard, and done well, and walked through that doorway of opportunity, you do not slam it shut behind you. You reach back, and you give other folks the same chances that helped you succeed."

savoldi wrote:

Why not?

Comment

• moonlightin
      moonlightin commented
      Editing a comment

Mister Bigsby wrote:

savoldi wrote:

Why not?

Mister Bigsby wrote:

savoldi wrote:

Why not?

Because we're just such delicate fine weak creatures.

lol

Attached Files

• guitarville
      guitarville commented
      Editing a comment

Mister Bigsby wrote:

savoldi wrote:

Why not?

American women are not trained to kill, that's why not. America is not North Korea. There should be plenty of men soldiers to fill this front line position. If not, the Amerian military is in bad shape.

savoldi wrote:

they already are in combat...over 1500 killed in asisa since 911...i expect few to make it to specialized combat units, but let em try.

Comment

• thefunkman
      thefunkman commented
      Editing a comment

As long as the woman next to me could pick up my semi-lifeless, shot-up a$$ from the battlefield and carry me to safety and/or the nearest corpsman, I wouldn't have a problem with it.  If she can't, stay the fugg out.

• Ed
      Ed commented
      Editing a comment

Davo17 wrote:

savoldi wrote:

they already are in combat...over 1500 killed in asisa since 911...i expect few to make it to specialized combat units, but let em try.

Yes, they are already in combat, but not front line infantry stuff. There, they have no business being because women simply aren't strong enough to hack it.

The fact is, that this is one of those stupid diversity ideas that has absolutely nothing to do with common sense. It will not make the military any better, but it will make a bunch of idiot lefties think that, despite how much they hate war, things will at least be equal.

Need one comment that the Amazon female warriors were most feared.

Genetic tracing does show that there was an Asian/Mongolian tribe of Amazonians.  If history is correct, men were their slaves.

Comment

Hard to believe anyone thinks this is a good idea.

Comment

• Fred Fartboski
        Fred Fartboski commented
        Editing a comment

If a woman chooses to sign up and engage in combat, that's her choice.

My guess would be that most of you, not all, have never been in military combat.

I think that when it come to war, if the media chooses to focus on women who are wounded & killed in combat, it will change the whole perception of women in combat & war in general. In reality, if the media ever decides to focus on publishing unfiltered photos of the brutalities of war, as they happen, it would change the outlook of the majority who just see combat & war in the abstract, through the filtered print of media.

Many who have seen the violence of war understand that it has an everlasting effect. You may see a soldier wounded or killed and it has an effect, When you see someone in your unit killed it has a much deeper effect. When you see a close friend killed, it changes everything. The normal non-combat person does nor recognize & can't even begin to imagine the effect it has on you mentally & physically & though it may ease, it doesn't go away.

Personally, I believe women in full combat will only intensify these effects & reactions. We've just finished a year of record suicides in the military. It will increase with this decision.

It is a utter ashamed that the media, with it's ability for live coverage has continued to present an almost absolute sanitary coverage & presentation of war. With the approval, promotion & increase of women in combat, I doubt that will continue.

''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"--Edmund Burke
      Man created science to create what man wants science to create.

Comment

• Davo17
        Davo17 commented
        Editing a comment

stratosaurus wrote:

My guess would be that most of you, not all, have never been in military combat.

I think that when it come to war, if the media chooses to focus on women who are wounded & killed in combat, it will change the whole perception of women in combat & war in general. In reality, if the media ever decides to focus on publishing unfiltered photos of the brutalities of war, as they happen, it would change the outlook of the majority who just see combat & war in the abstract, through the filtered print of media.

Many who have seen the violence of war understand that it has an everlasting effect. You may see a soldier wounded or killed and it has an effect, When you see someone in your unit killed it has a much deeper effect. When you see a close friend killed, it changes everything. The normal non-combat person does nor recognize & can't even begin to imagine the effect it has on you mentally & physically & though it may ease, it doesn't go away.

Personally, I believe women in full combat will only intensify these effects & reactions. We've just finished a year of record suicides in the military. It will increase with this decision.

It is a utter ashamed that the media, with it's ability for live coverage has continued to present an almost absolute sanitary coverage & presentation of war. With the approval, promotion & increase of women in combat, I doubt that will continue.

i see people who have just died, are dying, or will be dying all the time...i call it tuesday.  In my business female medics do ok...though there are some issues pertaining to s pending long hours on a rig, as well as strength issues in lifting patients out of wreckage, or down stairs, or with combative patients...the psych part seems ok.  not the same as combat...but parts of the stress are...especially after being up running 911 calls for 72 hrs.

your record suicides quote dismisses the far lower rate of suicides generally in the military population...its a perception altering statement so i question your use of it.  id also like to see what data you used to come to conclude it will lead to increases in suicide.

the most worrisome aspect...is the chivalry aspect.  even from the youngest ages, boys protect and defend girls.  women exhibit a mild form of learned helplessness in many cases.  not saying a woman in combat will have that issue...but a womans presence may complicate things in that regard.

another aspect...which i like...is that in much of the world, especially africa and the middle east...its a shameful thing to be fought by women.  i like the demoralising aspect of it.

Why do nattering Neocons belittle the decisions of the Pentagon?

Comment

• Hoddy
        Hoddy commented
        Editing a comment

Guess I'm not a 'neocon' since I'm fine with the decision.

• Ed
        Ed commented
        Editing a comment

RedRoadEnsemble wrote:

Why do nattering Neocons belittle the decisions of the Pentagon?

What is the reason for this decision?

Spoiler

O ba ma has their backs...

It's important to be a victim.

Sometimes, you really have to dig down and search for a way to be a victim, but you can do it if you try hard.

Comment

I don't like the idea much.

Comment

• redEL34
          redEL34 commented
          Editing a comment

I don`t like the idea ethier because, and I`m sure this argument has already been made, I just have an instinct to protect the finer of the sexes. I couldn`t escape that instinct.

Working...
      X