Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad pharma: Drug research riddled with half truths, omissions, lies

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/27/bad_pharma_drug_research_riddled_with_half_truths_ omissions_lies/singleton/?google_editors_picks=true Great article about big pharma. Here are a few excerpts. "Sponsors get the answer they want. Before we get going, we need to establish one thing beyond any doubt: Industry-funded trials are more likely than independently funded trials to produce a positive, flattering result. This is our core premise, and one of the most well-documented phenomena in the growing field of

That's just not how the New Drug Application process works.  I was 21 years in that business and the FDA doesn't give a sh!t about doctor testimonials.  They started making mistakes though when Republicans, backed by the drug companies, began pushing for "Fast Track" drug approvals.  Still, the process is lengthy, painful and time-consuming.  I have no idea where the author is getting his ideas.

I have a replacement hip so I've been very aware of the 501(K) short-cut that allowed DePuy, Zimmer, Smith&Nephew, Wright and others to get unsafe MoM (metal on metal) implants approved for use when they never should have been. Luckily, mine isn't in the suspect group.

Comment

TheNord wrote:
      http://www.salon.com/2013/01/27/bad_pharma_drug_research_riddled_with_half_truths_ omissions_lies/singleton/?google_editors_picks=true Great article about big pharma. Here are a few excerpts. "Sponsors get the answer they want. Before we get going, we need to establish one thing beyond any doubt: Industry-funded trials are more likely than independently funded trials to produce a positive, flattering result. This is our core premise, and one of the most well-documented phenomena in the growing field of
      Originally Posted by Papa Grizzly

Auntie Em just piddled her knickers.

Originally Posted by 55gibby

It's OK that you're a dumbass... but it's not OK that you're boring. If you're going to be stupid, a least be funny

Originally Posted by Hoddy

First off, I'm not Hoddy, and secondly as far as groveling is concerned, probably about as much as Johnny66 or Daddysguitar did when they were banned.

Comment

Working...
      X