Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Control? Just build your own.

What a nightmare for the gun control crowd....

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/01/bruce-w-krafft/how-to-build-your-own-firearm/

mauser wrote:

What a nightmare for the gun control crowd....

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/01/bruce-w-krafft/how-to-build-your-own-firearm/

Idle hands are the Devil's workshop.

~~I was not. I was. I am not. I do not care

Comment

• thankyou
      thankyou commented
      Editing a comment

I thought about this last night.  One of the big selling points for the AR style weapon is that it's easy to change barrels and configurations.  It seems that this would make it easier to ditch a barrel that has been used in a crime, making identification of bullets harder or impossible for the authorities. 

Why would this be a nightmare for the gun control crowd? How many "law abiding" gun owners will be willing to break the law to get their high capacity mag fix?
    PM me if you want to know about Jesus Jones.

Comment

• willhaven
      willhaven commented
      Editing a comment

I watched a video of an AR receiver from a 3D printer. It lasted 6-7 shots.

The mags will probably hold up better and the tech will improve.

That said, current semi-auto rifles are not that difficult to convert to fully automatic and yet fully automatic conversions are hardly ever used in crime. It seems like the DIY hurdle is enough to dissuade just about everyone from making an illegal weapon.

• Belva
      Belva commented
      Editing a comment

The OP didn't mention anything about mags. He mentioned making a barrel to throw investigators for a loop ID'ing a gun used in a crime. But unfortunately, the idiots have overtaken the 'new' HC.

• mauser
      mauser commented
      Editing a comment

doctorno wrote:
      Why would this be a nightmare for the gun control crowd? How many "law abiding" gun owners will be willing to break the law to get their high capacity mag fix?

I suppose it depends upon how many feel an obligation to obey laws which violate their Constitutional rights.

Now just how is this different than building your own bomb? We don't have many kids dying because of bombs and it's already illegal to build bombs. Just cause you can, doesn't mean you will and if it's illegal, you aren't likely. Besides, no one is coming for your guns.

Comment

• mauser
      mauser commented
      Editing a comment

WynnD wrote:
      Now just how is this different than building your own bomb? We don't have many kids dying because of bombs and it's already illegal to build bombs. Just cause you can, doesn't mean you will and if it's illegal, you aren't likely. Besides, no one is coming for your guns.

New York just made countless numbers of firearms in the state useless due to their ban of magazines over 7 rounds.

They really don't have to "come for your guns".

• Used2BMarkoh
      Used2BMarkoh commented
      Editing a comment

WynnD wrote:

Then what IS the leftist agenda?  Nothing the left proposes would have prevented the recent nightmares, so people are suspicious of the left's agenda.  They are obviously up to something other than what they say they're up to.  Anybody over 30 knows that the left believes lying is acceptable in defense of the cause, so how are we supposed to work with these guys?  There can be no political cooperation without trust and respect, and that requires honesty.

Some people will go to great lengths to make up for their glaring deficiencies in the trouser department.

Comment

• mauser
      mauser commented
      Editing a comment

The Moss wrote:
      Some people will go to great lengths to make up for their glaring deficiencies in the trouser department.

Some people worry too much about other people's trousers.

From the OP's link:

"You can go to the drug store, get a few boxes of pseudoephedrine and make methamphetamine in your kitchen too. That

"Let us not ignore the truth among ourselves, that we are the aggressors and they defend themselves. The country is theirs, because they inhabit it, whereas we want to come here and settle down."David Ben-Gurion (the father of Israel) http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...xt=va&aid=4715

Comment

• mauser
      mauser commented
      Editing a comment

Minning Around wrote:

From the OP's link:

"You can go to the drug store, get a few boxes of pseudoephedrine and make methamphetamine in your kitchen too. That

• thankyou
      thankyou commented
      Editing a comment

Sorry, I forgot the "quote" button.  This was in response to Minning Around's complaint about the squished page area.

Go to "my settings" at the top and turn off the tags, then increase the font size.  I just use the "bigger" gesture on my macbook.

Mossy: I'm all in favor of bringing criminals to justice. I'm not in favor of violating the constitutional rights of the people because 20 of them were murdered

Comment

• Mossy Mossy Moss
      Mossy Mossy Moss commented
      Editing a comment

mauser wrote:
      Mossy: I'm all in favor of bringing criminals to justice. I'm not in favor of violating the constitutional rights of the people because 20 of them were murdered

Neither am I. Thankfully there is no constituional right to gun ownership. 

Working...
X