No announcement yet.

Congressional term limits

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congressional term limits

Just curious....does anyone not believe they're needed?

I used to be of the mind that term limits came up every election cycle and the people could decide to keep or get rid of their elected representatives.  The problem is that most people tend to believe that everyone else's reps suck, but their own reps are great.

Which means that the bought and paid for politicians remain bought and paid for, and nothing ever really changes.

Being an elected representative was never meant to be a career.  Unfortunately, that's what it has become for many.  And that needs to change.

3 terms at the most. 

Comment

• Hoddy
      Hoddy commented
      Editing a comment

2 terms then out.

mauser wrote:

I used to be of the mind that term limits came up every election cycle and the people could decide to keep or get rid of their elected representatives.  The problem is that most people tend to believe that everyone else's reps suck, but their own reps are great.

Which means that the bought and paid for politicians remain bought and paid for, and nothing ever really changes.

Being an elected representative was never meant to be a career.  Unfortunately, that's what it has become for many.  And that needs to change.

I agree 100 percent.  

Moreover, I think there should be mandatory retirement at 70.

Comment

mauser wrote:

Unfortunately a few states enacted term limits and the Congress critters fought back and obtained a SCOTUS ruling that federal term limits must be enacted at the federal rather than the state level.  Do you think the Congress critter is going to introduce, or pass, legislation that is contrary to their interests?

Comment

This is the Congressional term limit we need. First time they sign/write a bill thats unconstitutional or anything else that doesn't pass the constitutional test than it's off with their head right in front of the capital televised

guillotine.jpg

Attached Files
        Man's Got To Know His Limitations........

Comment

Working...
        X