Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lessons From the Hagel Hearing

Admittedly, I  haven't watched that many Senate confirmation hearings.  They're typically full of a lot of hot air and generally a waste of time (from the viewing persepective, at least).  But I was curious to see what was going to happen with Hagel.

I gotta say, though...I think these things should be required viewing for every U.S. citizen.  You invariably find yourself asking:  How on earth do some of these people manage to navigate their way out of bed every morning, let alone manage to get elected...specifically, I'm talking about people like Inhoufe, Sessions, Fisher...

Also...is there a bigger prick on the planet than John McCain? 

bluzboy wrote:

Admittedly, I  haven't watched that many Senate confirmation hearings.  They're typically full of a lot of hot air and generally a waste of time (from the viewing persepective, at least).  But I was curious to see what was going to happen with Hagel.

I gotta say, though...I think these things should be required viewing for every U.S. citizen.  You invariably find yourself asking:  How on earth do some of these people manage to navigate their way out of bed every morning, let alone manage to get elected...specifically, I'm talking about people like Inhoufe, Sessions, Fisher...

Mitch McConnell.

TWO TERMS BITCHES! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Comment

• yanktar
      yanktar commented
      Editing a comment

willhaven wrote:

bluzboy wrote:

Mitch McConnell.

Agreed.  McConnell's a h#ll of a lot smarter than McCain as well.  McCain used junior high intimidation tactics on Hagel, which Hagel repelled.  McCain's pretty good on immigration and adoption policy, but he's a total nit-wit and tool on ANYTHING involving other countries.

C-Span should be required viewing.  I exaggerate, of course, but people really SHOULD pay REAL attention to what goes on in our government.

I'm constantly amazed by how many people think they are educated and aware about politics but all they know of what-went-on in congress this week is a couple of soundbites repeated on cable news over and over and some dip**************** commentator's opinion of events.

But hey.  Actually watching that stuff is BORING--right?  It's much more interesting to listen to a few people yell over each other about stuff they really know nothing about.

I watch very little cable news.  But I DO have C-Span audio playing over the internet a lot of the day while I'm in my office.  It's the only way to really know what's going on in Washington if you are truely interested.

https://www.facebook.com/JumpStartYourParty
    http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/jumps...587fe5f12.html

Comment

• bluzboy
      bluzboy commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually, Lindsey Graham gives McCain a pretty good run for the title.

bluzboy wrote:

Yes there is.

Comment

After what I've seen from McCain's grilling, and Hagel's responses, I gotta say I'm liking Hagel. Wasn't too sure at first but now I think he'll be decent.

Comment

• bluzboy
        bluzboy commented
        Editing a comment

moonlightin wrote:

After what I've seen from McCain's grilling, and Hagel's responses, I gotta say I'm liking Hagel. Wasn't too sure at first but now I think he'll be decent.

McCain is a giant senile ****************************.  It isn't too difficult to look good next to him.

Frankly, I wasn't all that impressed by Hagel.  He just doesn't seem that swift or well-informed, although I think it would be great to have someone who actually saw conflict up close in that position.

Working...
    X