Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The CONSERVATIVE CHALLENGE

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The CONSERVATIVE CHALLENGE

    Okay, so the "conservatives" around here hate Barack Obama. Why? Mostly because he's not following the dictates of the TEA Party and its corporate sponsors, the Koch Brothers. For some reason, they see everything Mr. Obama has done as "bad," even if it's the same thing the Bush Bunch did. The Republican s in Congress are no better -- they'd rather drag America down to ruin than allow Obama credit for anything.

    So here's the Challenge:

    Would the Conservatives in this forum please explain in detail how they would solve the nation's problems if you were president of the Untied Skates.

    You may say what you will, but your answers must be rational, consise and be accompanied by historic examples of how the policies, programs and notions you propose have worked in the past:

    You are not allowed to quote failed policies like "tax breaks for the rich," for example. Cutting taxes without finding another form of revenue is akin to telling your boss to reduce your pay in the hope that some day, he will promote you to supervisor.

    Urging "a strong military" and the incessant use of that force as "World Police" is not allowed either. It is just that kind of meddling in other countries' affairs that has made us a parriah in world politics, and among the common folks of a hundred nations.

    Such things have been tried in the recent past and they are why we are in the mess we are.

    Your task is to provide workable solutions for the following:

    • Reducing the National Debt and the need to keep borrowing money.

     

    • Grow the economy by encouraging industries to build things in America, and reduce imports.

     

    • Reduce America's "military footprint" abroad while at the same time keeping this nation safe from terrorists, rogue nations and other threats.

     

    • Keep Americans safe from random gun violence without whining about "The Second Amendment." It would also help if you'd explain why that clause in the Bill of Rights is so much more sacrosanct than the First or Fifth Amendments, both of which have been interpreted to place limits on "Freedom Of Speech" (example, slander/lible laws), "Freedom of Religion" (no human sacrifices, inquisitions or burning of blasphemers and heritics), etc.

     

    • Improve the nation's schools and the education of its students. America used to be the leader in math, science, technology, medicine, etc. Now, we are increasingly relying on a few very smart people and imports from other countries.

     

    • "Promoting the general welfare" of the nation without arbitrarily cutting programs like Social Security (which would not be a problem if Congress hadn't kept raiding the Social Security fund and not repaying the mone), Medicaid, Medicare and other programs to help the elderly, the poor and the needy.  

    And so on.

    So come on, you "conservative" geniuses, let's hear your plans for making America great again! Assuming you have any that didn't come from some Washington think-tank funded by billionaires...

    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________
    How Come Other People Can Get Away With Jokes Like That?

    Face it Tea Bagging Neo-Cons...if Reagan ran today, you'd be calling him a RINO socialist! -- scott666

    Barack Obama must be kenyan - everytime he speaks they trot a translator out the next day to explain what he said.-- ToBeAnnounced

    And even then some people still don't understand.-- RogueGnome

  • #2

    The Badger wrote:

    Okay, so the "conservatives" around here hate Barack Obama. Why? Mostly because he's not following the dictates of the TEA Party and its corporate sponsors, the Koch Brothers. For some reason, they see everything Mr. Obama has done as "bad," even if it's the same thing the Bush Bunch did. The Republican s in Congress are no better -- they'd rather drag America down to ruin than allow Obama credit for anything.

    So here's the Challenge:

    Would the Conservatives in this forum please explain in detail how they would solve the nation's problems if you were president of the Untied Skates.

    You may say what you will, but your answers must be rational, consise and be accompanied by historic examples of how the policies, programs and notions you propose have worked in the past:

    You are not allowed to quote failed policies like "tax breaks for the rich," for example.

    Urging "a strong military" and the incessant use of that force as "World Police" is not allowed either.


    - Balanced budget amendment

    - Fair tax, elimination of IRS

    - Close all foriegn bases not related directly to the defense of the U.S.

    - Fair trade amendment.

    - Nation-wide right-to-work with no union representation for non-union workers.

    - Assets from foriegn base closures reassigned to border.

    - Mandatory 5% of budget for payment on debt principle.

    - All U.S productive oil fields opened for drilling.

    - Fuel consumtion tax on anything getting under 17mpg (except commercial vehicles).

    - Means testing for social security.

    Just for starters.

     

     

    Comment


    • normh
      normh commented
      Editing a comment

      nedezero1 wrote:

      - Balanced budget amendment

      - Fair tax, elimination of IRS

      - Close all foriegn bases not related directly to the defense of the U.S.

      - Fair trade amendment.

      - Nation-wide right-to-work with no union representation for non-union workers.

      - Assets from foriegn base closures reassigned to border.

      - Mandatory 5% of budget for payment on debt principle.

      - All U.S productive oil fields opened for drilling.

      - Fuel consumtion tax on anything getting under 17mpg (except commercial vehicles).

      - Means testing for social security.

      Just for starters.

       

       


      Impractical in event of actual versus contrived war.

      Move from one war theater to another?  No savings.  Interior workplace enforcement is more effective and less costly.


    • Used2BMarkoh
      Used2BMarkoh commented
      Editing a comment

      nedezero1 wrote:

      The Badger wrote:

      Okay, so the "conservatives" around here hate Barack Obama. Why? Mostly because he's not following the dictates of the TEA Party and its corporate sponsors, the Koch Brothers. For some reason, they see everything Mr. Obama has done as "bad," even if it's the same thing the Bush Bunch did. The Republican s in Congress are no better -- they'd rather drag America down to ruin than allow Obama credit for anything.

      So here's the Challenge:

      Would the Conservatives in this forum please explain in detail how they would solve the nation's problems if you were president of the Untied Skates.

      You may say what you will, but your answers must be rational, consise and be accompanied by historic examples of how the policies, programs and notions you propose have worked in the past:

      You are not allowed to quote failed policies like "tax breaks for the rich," for example.

      Urging "a strong military" and the incessant use of that force as "World Police" is not allowed either.


      - Balanced budget amendment

      - Fair tax, elimination of IRS

      - Close all foriegn bases not related directly to the defense of the U.S.

      - Fair trade amendment.

      - Nation-wide right-to-work with no union representation for non-union workers.

      - Assets from foriegn base closures reassigned to border.

      - Mandatory 5% of budget for payment on debt principle.

      - All U.S productive oil fields opened for drilling.

      - Fuel consumtion tax on anything getting under 17mpg (except commercial vehicles).

      - Means testing for social security.

      Just for starters.

       

       


      Hey, you're not supposed to have this figure out!  The smartest and bestest president ever can't grow the economy, what kind of arrogant SOB are you, anyway?

      What's sad - so many people DO know what the solutions are.  We also understand that they can't be implemented because of the age old problem of corruption.  But we've got way too many people actually buying the lies from the corrupt government, that's the scary thing.

       


    • Mossy Mossy Moss
      Mossy Mossy Moss commented
      Editing a comment

      nedezero1 wrote:

      The Badger wrote:

      Okay, so the "conservatives" around here hate Barack Obama. Why? Mostly because he's not following the dictates of the TEA Party and its corporate sponsors, the Koch Brothers. For some reason, they see everything Mr. Obama has done as "bad," even if it's the same thing the Bush Bunch did. The Republican s in Congress are no better -- they'd rather drag America down to ruin than allow Obama credit for anything.

      So here's the Challenge:

      Would the Conservatives in this forum please explain in detail how they would solve the nation's problems if you were president of the Untied Skates.

      You may say what you will, but your answers must be rational, consise and be accompanied by historic examples of how the policies, programs and notions you propose have worked in the past:

      You are not allowed to quote failed policies like "tax breaks for the rich," for example.

      Urging "a strong military" and the incessant use of that force as "World Police" is not allowed either.


      - Balanced budget amendment

      - Fair tax, elimination of IRS

      - Close all foriegn bases not related directly to the defense of the U.S.

      - Fair trade amendment.

      - Nation-wide right-to-work with no union representation for non-union workers.

      - Assets from foriegn base closures reassigned to border.

      - Mandatory 5% of budget for payment on debt principle.

      - All U.S productive oil fields opened for drilling.

      - Fuel consumtion tax on anything getting under 17mpg (except commercial vehicles).

      - Means testing for social security.

      Just for starters.

       

       


       

      Zero's plan for destroying America ^


  • #3

    The Badger wrote:

    Okay, so the "conservatives" around here hate Barack Obama. Why? Mostly because he's not following the dictates of the TEA Party and its corporate sponsors, the Koch Brothers. For some reason, they see everything Mr. Obama has done as "bad," even if it's the same thing the Bush Bunch did. The Republican s in Congress are no better -- they'd rather drag America down to ruin than allow Obama credit for anything.

    So here's the Challenge:

    Would the Conservatives in this forum please explain in detail how they would solve the nation's problems if you were president of the Untied Skates.

    You may say what you will, but your answers must be rational, consise and be accompanied by historic examples of how the policies, programs and notions you propose have worked in the past:

    You are not allowed to quote failed policies like "tax breaks for the rich," for example. Cutting taxes without finding another form of revenue is akin to telling your boss to reduce your pay in the hope that some day, he will promote you to supervisor.

    Urging "a strong military" and the incessant use of that force as "World Police" is not allowed either. It is just that kind of meddling in other countries' affairs that has made us a parriah in world politics, and among the common folks of a hundred nations.

    Such things have been tried in the recent past and they are why we are in the mess we are.

    Your task is to provide workable solutions for the following:

    • Reducing the National Debt and the need to keep borrowing money.

     

    • Grow the economy by encouraging industries to build things in America, and reduce imports.

     

    • Reduce America's "military footprint" abroad while at the same time keeping this nation safe from terrorists, rogue nations and other threats.

     

    • Keep Americans safe from random gun violence without whining about "The Second Amendment." It would also help if you'd explain why that clause in the Bill of Rights is so much more sacrosanct than the First or Fifth Amendments, both of which have been interpreted to place limits on "Freedom Of Speech" (example, slander/lible laws), "Freedom of Religion" (no human sacrifices, inquisitions or burning of blasphemers and heritics), etc.

     

    • Improve the nation's schools and the education of its students. America used to be the leader in math, science, technology, medicine, etc. Now, we are increasingly relying on a few very smart people and imports from other countries.

     

    • "Promoting the general welfare" of the nation without arbitrarily cutting programs like Social Security (which would not be a problem if Congress hadn't kept raiding the Social Security fund and not repaying the mone), Medicaid, Medicare and other programs to help the elderly, the poor and the needy.  

    And so on.

    So come on, you "conservative" geniuses, let's hear your plans for making America great again! Assuming you have any that didn't come from some Washington think-tank funded by billionaires...


    It's a trick question.  The President can't fix the country.

    I'd nuke DC when congress is in session and let the country start over.

    Comment


    • Used2BMarkoh
      Used2BMarkoh commented
      Editing a comment

      mdwagner73 wrote:



      It's a trick question.  The President can't fix the country.

      I'd nuke DC when congress is in session and let the country start over.


      Yeah, but - a president sure can break an economy.  With help from congress, of course.

      And a president who doesn't break the economy enables a recovery, which is the mathematic equivalent of fixing the economy.

      And frankly, a president CAN grow an economy, as a practical matter, by providing confidence to investors and consumers.  And he can derail an economy by scaring people, making them choose to hoard instead of invest and consume.  Consumer confidence hasn't been hit to this point, but it looks like Obama may finally have succeeding in hitting it here of late.  The next four years ain't gonna be pretty.

       


    • Telecruiser
      Telecruiser commented
      Editing a comment

      mdwagner73 wrote:
      I'd nuke DC when congress is in session and let the country start over.

       


      OK, now we're getting somewhere.


  • #4
    To act human.
    _________________________________________

    “True unalienable rights do not require one to trample other unalienable rights.”
    ―J.S.B. Morse

    Comment



    Working...
    X