Okay, so the "conservatives" around here hate Barack Obama. Why? Mostly because he's not following the dictates of the TEA Party and its corporate sponsors, the Koch Brothers. For some reason, they see everything Mr. Obama has done as "bad," even if it's the same thing the Bush Bunch did. The Republican s in Congress are no better -- they'd rather drag America down to ruin than allow Obama credit for anything.
So here's the Challenge:
Would the Conservatives in this forum please explain in detail how they would solve the nation's problems if you were president of the Untied Skates.
You may say what you will, but your answers must be rational, consise and be accompanied by historic examples of how the policies, programs and notions you propose have worked in the past:
You are not allowed to quote failed policies like "tax breaks for the rich," for example. Cutting taxes without finding another form of revenue is akin to telling your boss to reduce your pay in the hope that some day, he will promote you to supervisor.
Urging "a strong military" and the incessant use of that force as "World Police" is not allowed either. It is just that kind of meddling in other countries' affairs that has made us a parriah in world politics, and among the common folks of a hundred nations.
Such things have been tried in the recent past and they are why we are in the mess we are.
Your task is to provide workable solutions for the following:
- Reducing the National Debt and the need to keep borrowing money.
- Grow the economy by encouraging industries to build things in America, and reduce imports.
- Reduce America's "military footprint" abroad while at the same time keeping this nation safe from terrorists, rogue nations and other threats.
- Keep Americans safe from random gun violence without whining about "The Second Amendment." It would also help if you'd explain why that clause in the Bill of Rights is so much more sacrosanct than the First or Fifth Amendments, both of which have been interpreted to place limits on "Freedom Of Speech" (example, slander/lible laws), "Freedom of Religion" (no human sacrifices, inquisitions or burning of blasphemers and heritics), etc.
- Improve the nation's schools and the education of its students. America used to be the leader in math, science, technology, medicine, etc. Now, we are increasingly relying on a few very smart people and imports from other countries.
- "Promoting the general welfare" of the nation without arbitrarily cutting programs like Social Security (which would not be a problem if Congress hadn't kept raiding the Social Security fund and not repaying the mone), Medicaid, Medicare and other programs to help the elderly, the poor and the needy.
And so on.
So come on, you "conservative" geniuses, let's hear your plans for making America great again! Assuming you have any that didn't come from some Washington think-tank funded by billionaires...