Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Israel a good ally to the US?

Are we getting a good bang or the buck, or are they nearing the end of their usefulness to the US?

Rekel will be able to answer this one 

Comment

• Just Me
      Just Me commented
      Editing a comment

has he made it to the new forum?

Just Me wrote:

Are we getting a good bang or the buck, or are they nearing the end of their usefulness to the US?

They never had any "usefullness". 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
    Hate is like taking poison, hoping the other guy gets sick.

How above being tricked are you? Take the test
    ---->
    HERE

Comment

• Just Me
      Just Me commented
      Editing a comment

Marko wrote:

Just Me wrote:

They never had any "usefullness". 

Then why do you suppose the US finances them and the Republicans get VERY defensive if anybody suggests there should be a change in the basic nature of our relationship?

Just Me wrote:

Israel is essentially interested in its own survival.

It is our best ally in the region, but I would count on it to look out for its own interests before it looks out for ours.

Comment

• Rudolf von Hagenwil
      Editing a comment
      mauser wrote:

If  Israel want to survive, they must be friendly.

Same as ****************ing. If you want to **************** you must be friendly.

• Zig al-din
      Zig al-din commented
      Editing a comment

It is our best ally in the region, but I would count on it to look out for its own interests before it looks out for ours.

Is that how you describe the incessant settlement expansion? 

Oh, sorry...you're American, you don't know anything about the settlements. Nevermind.

• la0tsu
      la0tsu commented
      Editing a comment

mauser wrote:

Just Me wrote:

I'd say Turkey is our best ally in the region.  Both for the not insignificant role they played in helping contain communism during the cold war, and for the fact that they are proof that a historically muslim country can be a true democracy.

images.jpg

Attached Files
    Man's Got To Know His Limitations........

Comment

• Daryl Flynn
      Daryl Flynn commented
      Editing a comment

The UK is a good ally. Israel is strategically located to turn Iran into a parking lot.

Israel's not even a good ally to herself at this point...

Comment

• Rudolf von Hagenwil
      Editing a comment

Zig al-din wrote:

Israel's not even a good ally to herself at this point...

That's only the opinion of the intelligent Jews.

The thugs think different, if one can call that thinking at all.

Israel isn't a good ally to themselves. All the settlement construction in the occupied territories is proof that they don't really want peace. Their annexation of East Jerusalem is another. How can they be a good ally of anyone else?

Comment

• Just Me
      Just Me commented
      Editing a comment

WynnD wrote:
      Israel isn't a good ally to themselves. All the settlement construction in the occupied territories is proof that they don't really want peace. Their annexation of East Jerusalem is another. How can they be a good ally of anyone else?

good points ... I have to wonder how much ill will we are sowing around the world when the global perception is that we (the US) are financing Israel's gross abuse of human rights in the area.

the way forward for the region lies in peaceful coexistence within the 1949 borders

Comment

• Snaporaz
      Snaporaz commented
      Editing a comment

I am afraid Israel will disappear from the maps sooner or later.

A nation can not be sustained when completly surrounded by other nations which hate them, also especially not how Israel was setup by force and backed by a few biggies like the US and Britain, and without asking the locals.

• Daryl Flynn
      Daryl Flynn commented
      Editing a comment

Lord Elpus wrote:
      Iran will take care of Israel in due course.

Israel no more.

Shut up, Gallus.

:yawn:

Working...
X