Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT- Bought a 1980 Guld D-25 Westerly the other day!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT- Bought a 1980 Guld D-25 Westerly the other day!

Holy crap do these sound good!.png" alt=":smileysurprised:" title="Smiley Surprised" /> I thought my early 70`s Yamaha Hummingbird copy was good..This is the best sounding, easy to play acoustic I`ve ever owned. Used it on a recording last night, and I`m happy!

I meant GUILD..anyways..

Comment

• Invisible Hand
      Invisible Hand commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I like old Guilds. They're built like tanks but they often sound really good. I'm not really sure why. Most heavily built guitars sound like ****************.

All the Westerly built Guilds are great.  The D-25 is one of my favorites.  Clear and rings like a bell, at least the ones I've played.

Comment

• Orygun
      Orygun commented
      Editing a comment

Yep, my D35 Is a great sounding box. congrats on your NGD

Yeah, I was torn between a newer 90`s Guild, and the Westerly. She`s a little beat up, but plays and sounds like I wanted. It does have piezo a pickup installed, and I`m trying to figure out what it is. I don`t believe they EVER put pickups in the Westerlys?

Comment

• Graeca
      Graeca commented
      Editing a comment

redEL34 wrote:

Yeah, I was torn between a newer 90`s Guild, and the Westerly. She`s a little beat up, but plays and sounds like I wanted. It does have piezo a pickup installed, and I`m trying to figure out what it is. I don`t believe they EVER put pickups in the Westerlys?

Yes, there were a/e Westerly Guilds. Some early ones has magnetic pickups, somewhat like the Gibson J-160E, except the volume/tone controls were on the treble side of the upper bout, and later models had the more commonly seen piezo USTs with preamps.

Working...
X