Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do we mean by 'Law Abiding'?

Does it mean always legal or sometimes illegal and just not getting caught?  The term is used a lot to describe gun owners and CW permit holders but I would suggest the term be amended to read:  'law abiding, for the most part, citizens'.

~~I was not. I was. I am not. I do not care

Sometimes I'll sneak 13 or 14 items through the 12 item express check out lane at the grocery store...I'm a rebel living on the edge.

“The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything”

Albert Einstein

Comment

• fretmess
      fretmess commented
      Editing a comment

Hoddy wrote:

Sometimes I'll sneak 13 or 14 items through the 12 item express check out lane at the grocery store...I'm a rebel living on the edge.

You're short, too.

• Just Me
      Just Me commented
      Editing a comment

Hoddy wrote:

......I'm a rebel living on the edge.

no, you're an incompetent twerp in an unskilled job, living off your wife's income.

fretmess wrote:

Does it mean always legal or sometimes illegal and just not getting caught?  The term is used a lot to describe gun owners and CW permit holders but I would suggest the term be amended to read:  'law abiding, for the most part, citizens'.

It means people who do bot intend to break laws, are not likely to break laws, not violate the rights of others, who respect laws that are just and fair.

Current global warming temperature trend: 0.05ºC per decade, plus or minus 0.1ºC (source: UN IPCC AR5) ...Yes, the error rate is higher than the estimated rate of change.

"Anthropogenic global warming is a proposed theory whose basic mechanism is well understood, but whose magnitude is highly uncertain. The growing evidence that climate models are too sensitive to CO2 has implications for the attribution of late-20th-century warming and projections of 21st-century climate. If the recent warming hiatus is caused by natural variability, then this raises the question as to what extent the warming between 1975 and 2000 can also be explained by natural climate variability." --Dr. Judith Curry, chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology

Comment

• fretmess
      fretmess commented
      Editing a comment

rbstern wrote:

fretmess wrote:

It means people who do bot intend to break laws, are not likely to break laws, not violate the rights of others, who respect laws that are just and fair.

I think you've left yourself a loophole or two but, I understand what you're saying.

fretmess wrote:

I would suggest that depending upon the law, everyone has a point at which they will refuse to comply.

Comment

• Minning Around
      Minning Around commented
      Editing a comment

To me, law abiding means not driving more than 10% over the posted speed limit.

fretmess wrote:

That describes every single person I know, or have known. Or do you set your cruise control for "55" when you're traveling?

Comment

Working...
    X