Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man claiming to be pastor leaves waiter note:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/pastor-tip-receipt-155914258.html

rec

A man claiming to be a pastor apparently tried to stiff a waiter on a tip, explaining that his work for God absolved him of having to leave one.

A photo of the receipt, posted to Reddit.com, shows a bill for $34.93 with an automatic 18 percent gratuity (or $6.29) added above a blank space for an additional tip.

"I give God 10\%," the diner wrote on the receipt, scratching out the automatic tip. "Why do you get 18?" He then wrote "Pastor" above his signature, and an emphatic "0" where the additional tip would be. (The automatic gratuity, however, had already been added to the total.)

The Reddit user who submitted the image explained in the comments section that the receipt was part of a total bill for a party of 20, which is why the gratuity was automatically added.

Attached Files

In before the other atheists.

Comment

Christians are very cheap in my experience. 

I HAVE SPOKEN

Comment

• Daryl Flynn
        Daryl Flynn commented
        Editing a comment

Mossy Mossy Moss wrote:

In Mossy's case I would assume the Jewish, Muslim, and atheist male prostitutes are glad to hear that.

• Ed
        Ed commented
        Editing a comment

Mossy Mossy Moss wrote:

I never did understand how being "cheap" got such a bad reputation. Hell, I am proud to be cheap. I ride economy class because I am cheap. I don't buy name brand clothes because I am cheap. I buy stuff that is on sale because I am cheap. I try to bargain prices down when possible because I am cheap.

But I am supposed to be extravagant with my money when I go to a restaurant?

Why?

IF this guy is a pastor, then the 10% he gives (assuming it's at his own church), goes right back into his own pocket.

Comment

• goodhonk
        goodhonk commented
        Editing a comment

moonlightin wrote:

IF this guy is a pastor, then the 10% he gives (assuming it's at his own church), goes right back into his own pocket.

but then ten percent of that goes back into the plate.

Quite an audacious excuse for being a prick.

FWIW, if you earnestly believe that you "give money to God", please PM me and I'll send you his new Paypal account.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." -Douglas Adams, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Comment

Earlier this month, the manager of a North Carolina Red Robin surprised an overdue pregnant woman by comping her meal.

Comment

Man claiming to be pastor leaves waiter note:

Comment

• Booker
            Booker commented
            Editing a comment

What kind of ironic about this is that the pastor runs her own church, so she tithes 10% to herself, which is all tax free.......

hmm.

I waited tables for YEARS.  2 of the worst tipping demographics were Clergy and African Americans.

This customer was both.

I'm glad the pastor is mortified, she should be.

__________________________________________________ _________
          Politics are like sports, where both teams suck

Comment

• Marko
            Marko commented
            Editing a comment

• BigMac5
            BigMac5 commented
            Editing a comment

E-money wrote:

I waited tables for YEARS.  2 of the worst tipping demographics were Clergy and African Americans.

This customer was both.

I'm glad the pastor is mortified, she should be.

photo.JPG

Attached Files

Stupidity knows no gender

Comment

Maybe someone should explain the elementary understanding of The Bible to this "Pastor".

This "Pastor" does not "give" 10%  to God. All the Pastor does is "return 10% of what God has given to her", which in reality, is a paltry sum.. That's basic knowledge & understanding  that this "Pastor" seems to not understand.

Maybe the waitress or one of the congregation where this "Pastor" ministers, remind her of that or maybe they could point her to 1Timothy 5:18 (along with other passages),. where it basically says a laborer is worthy of their wages,

A big part of a wait staff wages are made through tips, since the great governing lawmakers have seen fit to transfer the responsibilty of a sufficient/suitable wage from the emploer/restaurant owner, to the customer.

The person, in this circumstance, is a poor example for Christians & Christian ethics/morality. As the Bible states, she should now be brought to accountability by fellow members of her Church.

She should make a public apology to this waitress & to her Church for what can only be seen as a reproach brought on by her ignorance  or misunderstanding & misuse of the Gospel. She should also seek to use every available avenue to restore this waitress to her jobs, which she lost, due to her inconsiderate & ungodly actions.

''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"--Edmund Burke
            Man created science to create what man wants science to create.

Comment

• Floyd Rosenbomb
              Floyd Rosenbomb commented
              Editing a comment

Black people are known to be bad tippers.

Smiley face = lust??

Comment

• Daryl Flynn
              Daryl Flynn commented
              Editing a comment

Zig al-din wrote:

Smiley face = lust??

If she sat on his lap when she drew it.

• Opposite Day
              Opposite Day commented
              Editing a comment

Zig al-din wrote:

Smiley face = lust??

Well I figure it's a little presumptuous to infer love.

Working...
          X