Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Madryan's Sensible Gun Control Suggestions: Why do RWNTs and Lefties resist them?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madryan's Sensible Gun Control Suggestions: Why do RWNTs and Lefties resist them?

One of the few right-wingers here who's a gun-owner but has put SENSIBLE measures for gun control on the table is Madryan.  Yet neither side seems willing to consider them.

Why?

Refresh my memory: What are these sensible gun control suggestions?

Current global warming temperature trend: 0.05ºC per decade, plus or minus 0.1ºC (source: UN IPCC AR5) ...Yes, the error rate is higher than the estimated rate of change.

"Anthropogenic global warming is a proposed theory whose basic mechanism is well understood, but whose magnitude is highly uncertain. The growing evidence that climate models are too sensitive to CO2 has implications for the attribution of late-20th-century warming and projections of 21st-century climate. If the recent warming hiatus is caused by natural variability, then this raises the question as to what extent the warming between 1975 and 2000 can also be explained by natural climate variability." --Dr. Judith Curry, chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology

Comment

• coyote-1
      coyote-1 commented
      Editing a comment
      If he is advocating baseline rights as black powder with higher privileges being dependent upon certification, he got that from me.

yanktar wrote:

One of the few right-wingers here who's a gun-owner but has put SENSIBLE measures for gun control on the table is Madryan.  Yet neither side seems willing to consider them.

Why?

:smileylol:

images.jpg

Attached Files
    Man's Got To Know His Limitations........

Comment

yanktar wrote:

Why?

Ironically, I'm far to the left of most "left wingers" on just about everything except guns yet for some reason I qualify as a "right-winger" because I enjoy the shooting sports.

Lets see...

I'm in favor of a single payer healthcare system.

I think we should have the personal freedom to get high if we want without governmental intervention.

I think consenting adults should get married if they want regardless of internal or external plumbing.

I'm agnostic.

I'm pro-choice (although personally I could never advocate abortion in my personal life.  My kid's the best thing in the world. I'd never force my views on anyone else)

I think legislating morality is idiocy, which includes basing laws on religion or any other such nonsense.

Allowing Religion to pollute the teaching of Sex Ed or Science or any other subject in school is a travesty.

I'm a huge fan of progressive tax systems and social safety nets.

Lets quit invading other countries and nation building them and nation build our own country.

etc. etc. etc.

My Gun rights ideas more or less fall under my other individual rights beliefs.  Own what you want but you're responsible for your ****************.  

As it relates to guns that means lets register stuff, let law abiding folks own whatever they want, which means repealing some previous federal laws like the '86 ban and modifying the '34 NFA.  If you're qualified to own guns own guns.  

However, if you're a ****************wit, and your **************** gets ripped off and the neighbor kid shoots himself or his family you should go to prision unless you went to reasonable lengths to secure your stuff.  That means buying a safe and locking them up.

Once they're registered, hang a Federal Felony on anyone caught running around with an unregistered firearm.  Let them spend some hard time breaking big rocks into little rocks or something.

The idea that the .gov is going to somehow go door to door and take away everyone's guns is laughable.  

Originally Posted by Elemenope

You get 1 free punch...They can't hit you back..Call the cops..Anything. Who??

Originally Posted by RSBro

madryan

Rack building thread...

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...ies-rig...-Pix

Amp Packing Tutorial

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...ial&highlight=

Comment

• Booker
        Booker commented
        Editing a comment

madryan wrote:

yanktar wrote:

Why?

Ironically, I'm far to the left of most "left wingers" on just about everything except guns yet for some reason I qualify as a "right-winger" because I enjoy the shooting sports.

Lets see...

I'm in favor of a single payer healthcare system.

I think we should have the personal freedom to get high if we want without governmental intervention.

I think consenting adults should get married if they want regardless of internal or external plumbing.

I'm agnostic.

I'm pro-choice (although personally I could never advocate abortion in my personal life.  My kid's the best thing in the world. I'd never force my views on anyone else)

I think legislating morality is idiocy, which includes basing laws on religion or any other such nonsense.

Allowing Religion to pollute the teaching of Sex Ed or Science or any other subject in school is a travesty.

I'm a huge fan of progressive tax systems and social safety nets.

Lets quit invading other countries and nation building them and nation build our own country.

etc. etc. etc.

My Gun rights ideas more or less fall under my other individual rights beliefs.  Own what you want but you're responsible for your ****************.  

As it relates to guns that means lets register stuff, let law abiding folks own whatever they want, which means repealing some previous federal laws like the '86 ban and modifying the '34 NFA.  If you're qualified to own guns own guns.  

However, if you're a ****************wit, and your **************** gets ripped off and the neighbor kid shoots himself or his family you should go to prision unless you went to reasonable lengths to secure your stuff.  That means buying a safe and locking them up.

Once they're registered, hang a Federal Felony on anyone caught running around with an unregistered firearm.  Let them spend some hard time breaking big rocks into little rocks or something.

The idea that the .gov is going to somehow go door to door and take away everyone's guns is laughable.  

I never thought you were a righty so I was a little weirded out when people started calling you one.

As for your solution, it sound great.

Although we tried to do a registry here, and it failed miserably.

I'm pretty surprised madryn. It's nice to hear some common sense in the insane gun babbling going on. The NRA would go ****************ing nuts over your ideas so I don't see that happening. I think that if these ideas were implemented it would be a win for both sides. The strict constitutionalists are going to lose their marbles if anything but arming everyone is proposed.
      "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

Comment

• kissmyace
        kissmyace commented
        Editing a comment

I honestly don't believe the gov will go and take our guns, but regestration will make it possible. Maybe register within states only. Don't know how that would work, either

The states with republican governors will never do that. Not a chance in hell
      "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

Comment

• madryan
        madryan commented
        Editing a comment

As I've mentioned in other threads, there's no incentive for people to support registration at this point.

I'm an empiricist.  I don't get ideologically attached to any particular point of view.  I like **************** that works.  

Right now you've got an entire party, or at least the prominent members, not to mention a big chunk of the media trying to ban an entire class of firearm based completely on something as fickle as cosmetics.  What's worse is it's my party.  Do you really believe that anyone would actually support registration at the national level in todays political climate?

What are they going to ban tomorrow?  Sniper rifles?  Shotguns?  Handguns?  All three of those are more deadly than a typical "assault rifle" if properly employed.  

I don't blame folks for balking at trusting the idiots in DC at this point.  There doesn't need to be a widespread confiscation, they just need to mirror the 1934 NFA only make it apply to more firearms and then refuse to issue tax stamps, or make the cost prohibitive.  All the sudden, with the stroke of some federal legislation, you've effectively been turned into a Felon for owning a shotgun or a deer rifle because you either can't get the paperwork pushed through, or can't afford it.

The NFA was a piece of legislation aimed at keeping machine guns out of the hands of poor and minorities.  That's why it wasn't a ban but instead, a tax.  Rich people could still outfit their bodyguards with Thompson sub guns and Short Barreled Shotguns, but the cost was prohibitive at the time.  

Working...
    X