Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Citizen legally carries CW into city council meeting.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizen legally carries CW into city council meeting.

Two council members try to pass a motion to make this illegal. City attorney says it would be struck down. Mayor apologizes to citizen and reminds all of the council member the oath they took when being elected to the city council. Mayor says he feels safer with this guy in the council chambers. Good for you Mr. Mayor!!

Oak Harbor City Councilman Rick Almberg walks out of City Council meeting. He refuses to follow his oath by supporting the laws of the State of Washington and our Washington State Constitution.
    Author: Cliff
    January 17, 2013 by Cliff | 34 comments

At last Tuesdays City Council meeting a citizen commented during the citizens comment period encouraging the City Council to support the Second Amendment and to help educate our children about firearms and firearm safety.

In a rather disturbing display by Councilman Almberg this citizen was called back to the podium by Councilman Almberg and the councilman asked the Mayor to enquire if he was carrying a concealed weapon. After some discussion with the city Attorney about the legality of Councilman Almberg requesting a citizen return to the podium to be asked a question by the Councilman the citizen volunteered to answer any questions Councilman Almberg saw fit to ask him. After the citizens confirmed that he was lawfully and legally carrying a concealed weapon Councilman Almberg made a motion (during the citizens comment period yet) that he wanted to make a requirement that citizens coming to city council meeting check their firearms with either the police department or the Chief of Police before being allowed to attend the meeting. The Motion was seconded by Joel Servatius. After a long discussion the motion was presented for a vote with Councilman Almberg and Councilman Servatius voting yes and the remainder of the Council voted no. Immediately after the motion failed councilman Almberg excused himself and left the meeting.

Do not remove this sig line.

Telecruiser wrote:

Two council members try to pass a motion to make this illegal. City attorney says it would be struck down. Mayor apologizes to citizen and reminds all of the council member the oath they took when being elected to the city council. Mayor says he feels safer with this guy in the council chambers. Good for you Mr. Mayor!!

Let's hope the mayor always stays on the sunny side of this fella.

Comment

• Telecruiser
      Telecruiser commented
      Editing a comment

moonlightin wrote:

Telecruiser wrote:

I have always been very comfortable around law abiding folks legally carrying firearms. This guy looked like the type that would do what he said. He would put his life on the line when defending himself and others.

• Alndln3
      Alndln3 commented
      Editing a comment

The Mayor would feel even safer if his mommy were there.

• madryan
      madryan commented
      Editing a comment

moonlightin wrote:

Telecruiser wrote:

Right...

You're projecting...

Just because deep down inside, you can envision yourself blowing someone away in an unprovoked fit of rage doesn't mean we all suffer from the same lack of self control.

I'm pretty sure that municipal buildings, at least around me are gun free zones. City Hall and courthouses have metal detectors and armed officers that are designated to maintain the order in those places. 

Originally Posted by buckethead99

I vote for Boner to be in charge of who lives and who does not.

His name is Bong-O quit PM’ing me.

CDXX

Comment

• madryan
      madryan commented
      Editing a comment

Boner wrote:

I'm pretty sure that municipal buildings, at least around me are gun free zones. City Hall and courthouses have metal detectors and armed officers that are designated to maintain the order in those places. 

Courthouses are usually federal buildings too so no guns.  

That's what I thought too. I guess it depends on the locality. I don't think that would be legal in my city
    "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

Comment

Working...
    X