Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn't it great the NRA is concerned about mental health?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isn't it great the NRA is concerned about mental health?

I look forward to new legislation introduced by republicans to help eradicate this problem.
    Free ******************** Riot!.

In order to preserve their freedom to have 30 shots instead of seven, and to keep hard limits on government tyranny, the gun nuts are ready to hand over to government the power to incarcerate, against their will, millions of Americans who, as of yet, have committed no crime whatsoever.

Freedumb.

"Your own limitations render you incapable of realizing that not everyone is as limited as yourself."

Comment

• Jack Walker
      Jack Walker commented
      Editing a comment

coyote-1 wrote:
      In order to preserve their freedom to have 30 shots instead of seven, and to keep hard limits on government tyranny, the gun nuts are ready to hand over to government the power to incarcerate, against their will, millions of Americans who, as of yet, have committed no crime whatsoever.

Freedumb.

Who pray tell would be incarcerated? We need these people in a national registry so they can't buy guns or have access to them.Is that locking them up or are you practicing Liberal Lying 101...again? 

• madryan
      madryan commented
      Editing a comment

coyote-1 wrote:

Freedumb.

This is misleading and incorrect in many cases.

• gtrjones
      gtrjones commented
      Editing a comment

coyote-1 wrote:

Freedumb.

See also: The Patriot Act, from 10 years ago...

Patridiot.

The NRA must be really serious about mental health considering they hired a nutcase to be their spokesperson - one assumes this was a brilliant move to demonstrate to the public the sheer magnitude of the problem.

“If I’m not for myself who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, what am I?” - Hillel

Comment

• Belva
      Belva commented
      Editing a comment
      Do a bit of research and you can plainly see that a system is already in place to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally disabled. It just doesn't get used. It's kinda like every other piece of gun legislation.
      Take that guy in Az. frinstance. He got diagnosed and the Dr. notified authorities of him being a danger. Ball got dropped, nothing got done, people got killed.

<blockquote> Do a bit of research and you can plainly see that a system is already in place to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally disabled. It just doesn't get used. It's kinda like every other piece of gun legislation.
    Take that guy in Az. frinstance. He got diagnosed and the Dr. notified authorities of him being a danger. Ball got dropped, nothing got done, people got killed.</blockquote>

Nope. In order to have your ability to pass a background check removed, a person needs to be "adjudicated" mentally I'll, by a court. Simply having a mental health diagnosis is not a bar against buying a gun.

Comment

• quickie1
      quickie1 commented
      Editing a comment

BA.Barcolounger wrote:
      <blockquote> Do a bit of research and you can plainly see that a system is already in place to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally disabled. It just doesn't get used. It's kinda like every other piece of gun legislation.
      Take that guy in Az. frinstance. He got diagnosed and the Dr. notified authorities of him being a danger. Ball got dropped, nothing got done, people got killed.</blockquote>

Nope. In order to have your ability to pass a background check removed, a person needs to be "adjudicated" mentally I'll, by a court. Simply having a mental health diagnosis is not a bar against buying a gun.

And I disagree with this....especially when it comes to threats of violence or suicide.

• Belva
      Belva commented
      Editing a comment

BA.Barcolounger wrote:

Nope, you're wrong. Like I said, do a bit of research. I've been harping on this during my whole tenure @ HCPP. Enforce the laws we have instead of making new ones that will not get enforced

These two incidents and others involving gun purchases by individuals with mental problems are a measure of structural flaws in NICS, the FBI's National Instant Background Check System, which was set up to keep guns from falling into  the hands of criminals, noncitizens, drug users  or the mentally ill.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Gun-purchase-mental-health-records-a-patchwork-4208164.php

When there's a shooting in a white neighborhood, it's a media extravaganza and it's about mental health. When it's a black neighborhood, it's ignored or treated like a criminal act. 

Comment

Working...
    X