Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama to let 11 million illegal immigrants become citizens

It's funny, I was just thinking the other day "What does America need most to get us out of a bad economy?"

And the answer was so obvious ... 11 million illegal immigrants!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-unveils-his-own-proposal-for-immigration-reform/2013/01/29/b27dcb78-6a47-11e2-95b3-272d604a10a3_story.html

So now Willard Romney can hire his landscapers back!

Comment

• savoldi
      savoldi commented
      Editing a comment
      Well now. They won't be illegal anymore, will they?

I do not think that carte blanche granting of citizenship would be appropriate, it would,however, have the benefit of bringing those working under the table jobs into the economy.  If tied to stringent employment eligibility checking and enforcement, then even though it would reward illegal behavior, it would also serve as a brake to further illegal immigration over time.

I do not think that the build an higher fence, deeper moat, more manned airspace approach that is also part of the package is anything more than a confinement measure against the US citizens, or that it would accomplish more than strict workplace enforcement. 

Employment is the primary magnet that draws illegal aliens to the county.  In our recent history, there have been fewer jobs available.  As a result, we have seen a decrease, though not a reversal, in illegal immigration.  The illegal aliens that are in the economy now are primarily those that are entrenched and have families.  They have no intention of leaving short of a door to door search to root them out and this is not practical.  So, while I disagree with it, I think the best approach is to grant them a legal status, if not grant them citizenship, and get them into the taxbase.

The problem that many do not consider with increased workplace eligibility checking and enforcement is that it also limits the freedoms of the citizen.

You wanted it, you might get it, but you might not like the consequences of it.

Comment

• Belva
      Belva commented
      Editing a comment

normh wrote:

I do not think that carte blanche granting of citizenship would be appropriate, it would,however, have the benefit of bringing those working under the table jobs into the economy.  If tied to stringent employment eligibility checking and enforcement, then even though it would reward illegal behavior, it would also serve as a brake to further illegal immigration over time.

I do not think that the build an higher fence, deeper moat, more manned airspace approach that is also part of the package is anything more than a confinement measure against the US citizens, or that it would accomplish more than strict workplace enforcement. 

Employment is the primary magnet that draws illegal aliens to the county.  In our recent history, there have been fewer jobs available.  As a result, we have seen a decrease, though not a reversal, in illegal immigration.  The illegal aliens that are in the economy now are primarily those that are entrenched and have families.  They have no intention of leaving short of a door to door search to root them out and this is not practical.  So, while I disagree with it, I think the best approach is to grant them a legal status, if not grant them citizenship, and get them into the taxbase.

The problem that many do not consider with increased workplace eligibility checking and enforcement is that it also limits the freedoms of the citizen.

You wanted it, you might get it, but you might not like the consequences of it.

I'll only add that more stringent checks of employers is also part of the package. That is a big part because many employers don't want to pay minimum wage. so it won't come without a fight.

And another big key to the whole program would be enforcing the laws they make.Currently there is the I-9 check which has been in place since about 1982. Enforce that and a lot of illegals would get shaken out and their employers fined. But that makes too much sense 

Nobody is proposing carte Blanche automatic citizenship.

Comment

• yanktar
      yanktar commented
      Editing a comment

BA.Barcolounger wrote:

Except in the imagination of crack-pot tin-foil-hat right-wing-nut fringers.

• normh
      normh commented
      Editing a comment

BA.Barcolounger wrote:

Nor are they proposing mandatory military service; and they should.

They are, however, proposing a free ride for past illegal activities as long as they were not caught for high misdemeanors or felonies.

Obama creates millions of Democrat votes.

Super.

Comment

• buckethead99
      buckethead99 commented
      Editing a comment

mauser wrote:

Super.

Its all about humanity mauser.

It should not be illegal to migrate to this country.

• Daryl Flynn
      Daryl Flynn commented
      Editing a comment

mauser wrote:

Super.

That's his plan. It's possible to make it backfire.

mauser wrote:

Between 12 and 20 million immigrants would have benefited from similar legislation proposed by Bu$$h (R) in 2007, had he succeeded in carrying it through

Comment

• mauser
      mauser commented
      Editing a comment

Zeopold wrote:
      Between 12 and 20 million immigrants would have benefited from similar legislation proposed by Bu$$h (R) in 2007, had he succeeded in carrying it through

Yep.

Not much difference between them, aside from motivation.

Sounds good!

Attached Files

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." -Douglas Adams, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Comment

Bucket: It isn't.

You merely have to follow the rules for doing so.

Comment

• buckethead99
      buckethead99 commented
      Editing a comment

mauser wrote:
      Bucket: It isn't.

You merely have to follow the rules for doing so.

That is what the Dream Act is all about,It will provide rules to make law abiding people who want to work or live with there relatives a path to do so without the threat of being deported.

I do not think its a political move its a humane move.

Sounds like what Reagan did.
    Originally Posted by Noam Chomsky

Whenever you hear anything said very confidently, the first thing that should come to mind is, wait a minute is that true?

Comment

Daryl Flynn wrote:

It's funny, I was just thinking the other day "What does America need most to get us out of a bad economy?"

And the answer was so obvious ... 11 million illegal immigrants!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-unveils-his-own-proposal-for-immigration-reform/2013/01/29/b27dcb78-6a47-11e2-95b3-272d604a10a3_story.html

The illegal immigrant currently balls deep in your ex wife is contributing to the economy. 

I HAVE SPOKEN

Comment

• trainset
        trainset commented
        Editing a comment
        His best friend was an illegal immigrant?

• Tom Hicks
        Tom Hicks commented
        Editing a comment

the GOP pays about as much lip service to immigration as they do to the issues of the religious right.

look back to recent years, when the GOP controlled congress as well as the presidency, and list their major immigration reform legislation.

since the GOP is so traditionally business friendly, its not a surprise they don't want to rock the boat in terms of availability of cheap labor for business. nor is it much of a shock that GOP policies that are punitive to the economic underclasses actually encourage immigrants that become citizens to vote Dem.

• Daryl Flynn
        Daryl Flynn commented
        Editing a comment

Mossy Mossy Moss wrote:

balls 

Homo reference noted.

Mossy Moss' closet opens up a little more every day.

Bucket: it rewards a criminal act with citizenship.

Comment

• buckethead99
        buckethead99 commented
        Editing a comment

mauser wrote:
        Bucket: it rewards a criminal act with citizenship.

I like the old Libertarian view on this mauser,Which was to let anyone come here and live regardless.

I think that was early Harry Browne days in the party not sure.

Buckethead: I don't.

Comment

Nice meltdown Daryl. Derp!
        "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

Comment

• Daryl Flynn
          Daryl Flynn commented
          Editing a comment

LithiumZero wrote:
          Nice meltdown Daryl. Derp!

lol @ trainset wannabe

"Coddling" = not lynching. :womanlol:

Comment

• trainset
          trainset commented
          Editing a comment
          A hearty LOL @ shane getting caught in his racism and trying to talk himself out of a cul de sac...****************ing dope

Come on LithiumZero.

Here I will even help you out.  This is a conversation that occurred on a legal and scam exposure forum called Quatloos Forum.  It is operated by attorneys.

http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8339&p=139084&hilit=norman+ha ga#p139084

Comment

• LithiumZero
          LithiumZero commented
          Editing a comment

Trust me I've seen that site and all the others.

Working...
      X