NRA's enemies list: Most of America

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRA's enemies list: Most of America

CNN

The enemies list was first posted on the NRA's website in mid-September, hiding in plain sight under the banner "National Organizations with Anti-Gun Policies."

The list is divided into broad categories, including "Anti-Gun Individuals and Celebrities," journalists, civic organizations and corporations -- as well as a grab bag category that includes religious leaders.

'70s sitcom stars who are apparently among the leading threats to gun rights in America today, including Sandy Duncan, Marilu Henner, Ed Asner, Hal Linden and Pam Dawber of "Mork & Mindy" fame. It's like the list-maker was locked in a closet full of yellowing TV Guides. It's a near-miracle that "The Partridge Family" was left off the list.

But the NRA doesn't seem content to limit its targets to old reruns of "The Hollywood Squares" -- no, it has to go and bring Sean Connery into the fight, along with Bruce Springsteen, Albert Brooks, Tony Bennett, Jack Nicholson, Britney Spears, Jerry Seinfeld and Oprah Winfrey.

On the civic side, it sees fit to call out everyone from Dick Parsons to Maya Angelou to (the late) Ed Koch to Michael Eisner. You might as well declare yourself the sworn enemy of anyone who doesn't subscribe to National Review.

"I ask this in all seriousness: Who's left?"

The Girl Scouts of America and the VFW.

Comment

• Alndln3
      Alndln3 commented
      Editing a comment

bluzboy wrote:
      "I ask this in all seriousness: Who's left?"

The Girl Scouts of America and the VFW.

Honey Boo Boo?

The NRA is a terrorist organization and should be treated as such.

I HAVE SPOKEN

Comment

• Davo17
      Davo17 commented
      Editing a comment

Mossy Mossy Moss wrote:

The NRA is a terrorist organization and should be treated as such.

The concrete thinking of a child.  You should go color.

Alndln3 wrote:

I ask this in all seriousness: Who's left?

I didn't see mention of most everyone in the House, Senate, and White House.

Comment

• bluzboy
      bluzboy commented
      Editing a comment

mauser wrote:

Alndln3 wrote:

I ask this in all seriousness: Who's left?

I didn't see mention of most everyone in the House...

You mean, the ones they bought and paid for, right?

What the **************** do they have against Mel Brooks?

Comment

But as a Bloomberg piece points out, not everyone on the list thinks they've been fairly labeled.

"The National Rifle Association classifies Bob Barker as anti-gun, even though the retired game-show host sleeps with a .38-caliber pistol next to his bed, shoots skeet and donated to the group's choice for president, Republican Mitt Romney," reads the article.

The former "Price is Right" host told Bloomberg he is "certainly not opposed to guns."

Barker added that the NRA may have placed him on the list because of "his vocal support of animal welfare, such as seeking to stop hunters from firing on pigeons launched from spring-loaded boxes."

But Barker certainly has good company. The list also targets everyone from ice cream companies to religious organizations.

The Latino-advocacy organization National Council of La Raza and the American Civil Liberties Union are both on the list, as are poet Maya Angelou and actor Matt Damon. The NRA also thinks that funnywoman Ellen Degeneres and deceased director Nora Ephron, the brains behind classics like "Sleepless in Seattle" are "anti-gun." Ben and Jerry's and the Kansas City Chiefs also make the cut.

The NRA did not return multiple requests for comment regarding how people were selected and why those who have passed away are listed.

http://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision/Politics/nra-made-anti-gun-list/story?id=18419551

:catlol:

Comment

Working...
      X