Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armed man prevents mass shooting at school

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/u-s-world/detroit-high-school-coach-shoots-2-attackers-outside-school
    Dillybar 13 july 2008.
    "I do not expect you to lift one of your lazy fingers to find the proof that I am right."

Cue ****************storm...

Originally Posted by Elemenope

You get 1 free punch...They can't hit you back..Call the cops..Anything. Who??

Originally Posted by RSBro

madryan

Rack building thread...

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...ies-rig...-Pix

Amp Packing Tutorial

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...ial&highlight=

Comment

• thankyou
      thankyou commented
      Editing a comment

Props to the coach, I'm glad that innocent lives weren't lost.  Now, where is the "mass" part of the shooting?

• .:Ed Phobes:.
      .:Ed Phobes:. commented
      Editing a comment

Mass shooting?

This is why it's diffcult to talk calmly about guns with some.

Hopefully the coach won't be charged with having a firearm in a 'gun free zone'.

“The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything”

Albert Einstein

Comment

First off,  kudos to the coach for protecting his students and preventing them from being hurt or killed. While I'm not sure generally that HS teachers should be carrying guns, at least in this case it was DEFINITELY a good thing he was.

Second, this is RATHER different than a mass shooting.  Look at the facts.

1) It was after hours.

2) It was NOT in the building but as he was walking two students to their cars.

3) The perps didn't enter the building but approached the coach and the students.

4) While they were armed, they attempted to rob the coach of a gold necklace.  They were after stuff to steal, not revenge killings or other insanity.

5) They were both recently expelled.

I'm not sure you can compare this to Columbine or Sandy Hill too well.

Comment

• Hoddy
        Hoddy commented
        Editing a comment

yanktar wrote:

First off,  kudos to the coach for protecting his students and preventing them from being hurt or killed. While I'm not sure generally that HS teachers should be carrying guns, at least in this case it was DEFINITELY a good thing he was.

Second, this is RATHER different than a mass shooting.  Look at the facts.

1) It was after hours.

2) It was NOT in the building but as he was walking two students to their cars.

3) The perps didn't enter the building but approached the coach and the students.

4) While they were armed, they attempted to rob the coach of a gold necklace.  They were after stuff to steal, not revenge killings or other insanity.

5) They were both recently expelled.

I'm not sure you can compare this to Columbine or Sandy Hill too well.

Thank god the coach was armed!

gspointer wrote:
      http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/u-s-world/detroit-high-school-coach-shoots-2-attackers-outside-school

Please change your thread title to reflect the story in your link.

The armed coach didn't prevent a mass shooting, he prevented an armed robbery.

Question: Why did the monkey fall out of the tree?

Answer: because it was dead.

Comment

Well obviously more guns is the answer.

Comment

• thankyou
        thankyou commented
        Editing a comment

SHRED wrote:
        Well obviously more guns is the answer.

That, and changing our terminology to indicate that a mugging is a mass shooting.

x

Comment

Stupid mobile version!
        x

Comment

• thankyou
          thankyou commented
          Editing a comment

Has it been determined whether the mass muggers had gunz or skittles?

Working...
      X