Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So sick of gun threads

Forgive me for stating the bleedin' obvious, but in this crazy world there are so many issues that are far more important than whether or not a person can have guns to play with.  Can't we try discussing something that is actually important for a change?

Can't we discuss the UK bedroom tax, or the erosion of disability living allowance?  OK, if discussing politics from outside the USA is a step too far, what about the issue of tax-exempt status for churches?  Anything but that boring, emotive, ridiculous subject of guns.

Question: Why did the monkey fall out of the tree?

Answer: because it was dead.

Gromit wrote:

Forgive me for stating the bleedin' obvious, but in this crazy world there are so many issues that are far more important than whether or not a person can have guns to play with.  Can't we try discussing something that is actually important for a change?

Can't we discuss the UK bedroom tax, or the erosion of disability living allowance?  OK, if discussing politics from outside the USA is a step too far, what about the issue of tax-exempt status for churches?  Anything but that boring, emotive, ridiculous subject of guns.

whine

Attached Files
    “The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything”

Albert Einstein

Comment

• Mossy Mossy Moss
      Mossy Mossy Moss commented
      Editing a comment

Hoddy wrote:

Gromit wrote:

whine

Dance for me, turkey tits

Attached Files

Then ignore them. It is just like when you don't like something on the television, you change the channel. Easy.

Why do chicken coops have two doors?
    Because if they had four doors they would be chicken sedans.

Comment

• Tom Hicks
      Tom Hicks commented
      Editing a comment

Telecruiser wrote:

Then ignore them. It is just like when you don't like something on the television, you change the channel. Easy.

you raise a good point. the ignore function isn't working since the switch to the new software.

the posting of threads here has always been that way. remember when every other thread was about zimmerman and treyvon? and of course election threads dominated the forum for many months.

a new hot button issue will emerge and dominate the forum soon enough, if the past is prologue.

Gromit wrote:

thu

Attached Files

you can't control the wind but you can learn to sail

contentment is true wealth

Comment

I'll give up my gun threads when they pry them from my cold dead heads.

Threads don't kill, boredom does!

If you make threads illegal, seamstresses will go to jail!

Comment

Gromit wrote:
        ...or the erosion of disability living allowance?  ...

By the way, I do think the disabled should be allowed to live, that's fine with me.  I know the europeans are big on abortion and euthanasia and eugenics in general, but I say, let 'em live.  Shoot, I believe in giving the homeless free shopping carts.

Comment

• Telecruiser
          Telecruiser commented
          Editing a comment
            Shoot, I believe in giving the homeless free shopping carts.

Unless you're the guy that owns the market. But it's easy giving other peoples stuff away isn't it.

Well, this thread is going better than I expected.  Of course, nobody has actually addressed the point I made, but I didn't really expect that to happen immediately.

I understand that there are people who are very upset at the thought of gun control - but is it perhaps just possible that there are other issues in the world?  Maybe some of the other possible issues might actually be more important?  No?

Question: Why did the monkey fall out of the tree?

Answer: because it was dead.

Comment

• Rudolf von Hagenwil
          Editing a comment
          If you want to kill something, you may use a gun.

That's all guns are made for.

• thankyou
          thankyou commented
          Editing a comment

Gromit wrote:

Well, this thread is going better than I expected.  Of course, nobody has actually addressed the point I made, but I didn't really expect that to happen immediately.

I understand that there are people who are very upset at the thought of gun control - but is it perhaps just possible that there are other issues in the world?  Maybe some of the other possible issues might actually be more important?  No?

Please elaborate on the bedroom tax.  This sounds like something Republicans can endorse, along with the bedroom behavior survey and fees they could surely create.  That is, if they can get any kind of taxation out of the boardroom.

S&W Model 500

sw500

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X