Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good article on GMO's.

http://truth-out.org/news/item/12715-monsanto-and-genetically-engineered-food-playing-roulette-with-our-health

Depressing too, since our government seems to think they're just great.

This and previous administrations have been marching lockstep with Monsanto. According to WikiLeaks, the US ambassador to France asked Washington to draw up a retaliation list against European countries that resisted GMOs and wanted to "cause some pain" to them. The ambassador to Spain met with Monsanto's regional director and then asked Washington to pressure Brussels on its GMO policy. That was during the Bush administration. It's gotten worse under Obama, I'm sorry to say.

My sister sent me this, or something similar a few weeks ago; scary stuff.

We are simply pawns to the large corporations. Greed always trumps good.

Comment

• infragreen
      infragreen commented
      Editing a comment

Pigger wrote:
      My sister sent me this, or something similar a few weeks ago; scary stuff.

We are simply pawns to the large corporations. Greed always trumps good.

What sucks though is, there are as many articles out there stating that GMO's are just fine and that the opponent's science is flawed and that they are the equivalent of climate-change deniers. So it can be difficult to really be sure either way. In the meantime, Monsanto and their pals in the FDA and government are trying to monopolize everything so there is no choice. 

• Belva
      Belva commented
      Editing a comment
      There isn't anything really new about genetically modified foods. It's been going on as long as man has been farming. Cross pollination and grafting are the two methods I'm talking about.
      While there may be problems with breaking into the DNA, they're not insurmountable.
      IMO the naysayers are lost in the Middle Ages and not willing to look at new ways of doing things. We live in a world where mankind keeps multiplying at a very fast pace. All these people need to be fed. Consequenty more and more land has to be turned from wilderness to farm land. So take your choice; quit modifying DNA or quit ****************ing. That's the options. Take your pick.

Working...
X