Texas is Utopia

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas is Utopia

Suck it other 49....

http://www.buzzfeed.com/summeranne/50-sure-signs-that-texas-is-actually-utopia

ts

Attached Files

Comment

• pink freud
      pink freud commented
      Editing a comment
      Unbearable heat, large percentages of the land on FIRE...

Sounds like a different type of mythical place.

Gonna have to necro this thread in about 6 months from now, when both the temperature and the humidity hang around 100 every day for weeks.

Comment

• yumpy
      yumpy commented
      Editing a comment

Another Brick wrote:
      Gonna have to necro this thread in about 6 months from now, when both the temperature and the humidity hang around 100 every day for weeks.

global warming freak.

nedezero1 wrote:

Suck it other 49....

http://www.buzzfeed.com/summeranne/50-sure-signs-that-texas-is-actually-utopia

Blue Bell ice cream is great. The rest of Texas can secede for all I care.

Don't even bother. You can't win.

Flag a Post
    The Report has been sent.
    [OK]

Comment

Texans. Socially retarded acts of bravado. Lack of self awareness. Isolationist in thought. Kind of like someone who was raised under a rock, but the rock was big, so they boast about how big the rock was. There's more, but, man, it's so sad - and they don't even know it!

Comment

• nedezero1
        nedezero1 commented
        Editing a comment

buckethead99 wrote:
        Texans. Socially retarded acts of bravado. Lack of self awareness. Isolationist in thought. Kind of like someone who was raised under a rock, but the rock was big, so they boast about how big the rock was. There's more, but, man, it's so sad - and they don't even know it!

And don't forget "top state for business" 2012. Look us up when your job moves here.

Lolz@"stealing jerbs"

Comment

Texas is a ****************hole

Comment

• nedezero1
          nedezero1 commented
          Editing a comment

guido61 wrote:
          Texas is a ****************hole

Common viewpoint of the ignorant and/or envious.

Nah I spent a lot of time in Texas. Sorry, but most of it is a ****************hole. So is Nevada, for that matter. (My little mountain resort area excepted). There's a reason why places like Nevada an Texas have to try to bribe businesses move there by promising lower taxes when places like California do not.

Comment

• nedezero1
          nedezero1 commented
          Editing a comment

guido61 wrote:
          N There's a reason why places like Nevada an Texas have to try to bribe businesses move there by promising lower taxes when places like California do not.

And it's working. Shame on businesses for not spending money in states that are irresponsible with tax money.

• notgonnadoit
          notgonnadoit commented
          Editing a comment

I've got family all over the state and have been in and out of there for personal and business trips for many years. No ignorance or envy in my general dislike of Texas.

And there's that probem of Houston being there.

Not really working quite as well as certain propagandists will have you believe.

Comment

If its working so well, then why is Rick Perry running ads in California begging businesses to come there? What? You think businesses in California don't know taxes are high there? Or that they are lower in Texas? They never heard that before?

Or does he have some other political agenda?

Comment

• nedezero1
          nedezero1 commented
          Editing a comment

guido61 wrote:
          If its working so well, then why is Rick Perry running ads in California begging businesses to come there? What? You think businesses in California don't know taxes are high there? Or that they are lower in Texas? They never heard that before?

Or does he have some other political agenda?

Wow..Marketing...what a concept.....

Next thing you know, people will start running ads for deodorant and coffee.

Only when you need it to sell it. The "mass exodus" is greatly exaggerated

Comment

Your links just confirm what I already told you--- yeah, Texas offers a lot of incentives (so does Nevada. Because both states are ****************holes). Doesn't mean businesses are taking advantage.

Comment

That article wasn't about businesses. You should read them before you post them. But yeah, a lot of redneck dumb****************s are moving to Texas. Ain't that a shame?

Comment

• nedezero1
            nedezero1 commented
            Editing a comment

guido61 wrote:
            That article wasn't about businesses. You should read them before you post them. But yeah, a lot of redneck dumb****************s are moving to Texas. Ain't that a shame?

You just said "mass exodus". That includes people and their money...which means more business. And yes, businesses are moving here as proven by my previous links and stats if you read them.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2011/05/18/texas-continues-to-see-influx-of-businesses-relocate-from-california/

I understand if you don't want to tho....

G'Night

• splatbass
            splatbass commented
            Editing a comment

guido61 wrote:

If we can get all redneck dumb****************s to move to Texas then secede it will be far better for the 49 remaining states.

LOL

Comment

I was stuck working in that ****************hole for 2 years. Definitely my least favorite place of all my travels, although San ANtonio was a decent town.

Comment

• yanktar
              yanktar commented
              Editing a comment

Big_Conig wrote:

I was stuck working in that ****************hole for 2 years. Definitely my least favorite place of all my travels, although San ANtonio was a decent town.

Curious...the DECENT town in Texas has an Hispanic, Democratic Mayor and Congressman (twin brothers).

White right-wing-nut rednecks like Omni are TERRIFIED because soon the "brown" people are going to be dominant and they are now solidly Democrats.  So they RWNs are trying to gerrymander as fast as they can to maintain control despite not having the votes, just like they are doing in North Carolina and Pennsylvania.

However, the wave is going to hit them and when it does, there's a damn good chance Texas stops being the heart of red neck idiocy, and will pass it over to Mississippi and South Carolina.

Working...
          X