Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fox News: "US Solar will not work like in Germany, because Germany has more sun!"

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox News: "US Solar will not work like in Germany, because Germany has more sun!"

I really miss the faceplam smiley!

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2013/02/07/fox_news_expert_on_solar_energy_germany_gets_a_lot _more_sun_than_we_do_video.html

"The industry's future looks dim," intoned host Gretchen Carlson at the beginning of the segment, which was preserved for posterity by the liberal blog Media Matters for America. She and her co-host went on to ridicule Obama's "failed" solar subsidies, adding, "The United States simply hasn't figured out how to do solar cheaply and effectively. You look at the country of Germany, it's working out great for them." Near the end of the segment, it occurred to Carlson to ask her expert guest, Fox Business reporter Shibani Joshi, why it might be that Germany's solar-power sector is doing so much better. "What was Germany doing correct? Are they just a smaller country, and that made it more feasible?" Carlson asked.

Joshi's jaw-dropping response: "They're a smaller country, and they've got lots of sun. Right? They've got a lot more sun than we do." In case that wasn't clear enough for some viewers, Joshi went on: "The problem is it's a cloudy day and it's raining, you're not gonna have it." Sure, California might get sun now and then, Joshi conceded, "but here on the East Coast, it's just not going to work."

You would

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

Check this out...

So, I just published a long article on the most hilarious statement from a new Fox News segment on solar power

Comment

• yanktar
      yanktar commented
      Editing a comment

Let me summarize your points into two words: Fox lies.

• erok123
      erok123 commented
      Editing a comment

SHRED wrote:

Check this out...

So, I just published a long article on the most hilarious statement from a new Fox News segment on solar power

Working...
X