Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you own guns for "self-defense"...

...then you should grow the **************** up and stop pretending that you live in a movie.

If you like hunting, that's cool. But don't tell me with a straight face that the reason why you own a firearm is to defend yourself from crime and government tyranny.

Originally Posted by Noam Chomsky

Whenever you hear anything said very confidently, the first thing that should come to mind is, wait a minute is that true?

Stfu, sissy

Comment

• radomu
      radomu commented
      Editing a comment

Daryl Flynn wrote:

Stfu, sissy

You, Shane, especially need to grow up and stop being a whiny brat. Start acting like an adult.

radomu wrote:

...then you should grow the **************** up and stop pretending that you live in a movie.

If you like hunting, that's cool. But don't tell me with a straight face that the reason why you own a firearm is to defend yourself from crime and government tyranny.

Not worried about government tyranny, at all (hell, we all lived through Bu$$h's Reign of Ignorance), but it's not wise to assume the police will always arrive in time, in the case of criminal activity.

OTOH, if you feel differently, I'll respect your choice and fervently hope that you'll never have cause to regret it.

Comment

• radomu
      radomu commented
      Editing a comment

Graeca wrote:

radomu wrote:

Not worried about government tyranny, at all (hell, we all lived through Bu$$h's Reign of Ignorance), but it's not wise to assume the police will always arrive in time, in the case of criminal activity.

OTOH, if you feel differently, I'll respect your choice and fervently hope that you'll never have cause to regret it.

Wouldn't you rather move somewhere safer then? Why live somewhere knowing that you might get attacked?

If you live in a ****************ehole, you need a gun.

Comment

• radomu
      radomu commented
      Editing a comment

Lord Elpus wrote:
      If you live in a ****************ehole, you need a gun.

Like the rural South, which is full of crime...

• Hoddy
      Hoddy commented
      Editing a comment

* Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18]

* A 1993 nationwide survey of 4,977 households found that over the previous five years, at least 3.5% of households had members who had used a gun "for self-protection or for the protection of property at home, work, or elsewhere." Applied to the U.S. population, this amounts to 1,029,615 such incidents per year. This figure excludes all "military service, police work, or work as a security guard."[19]

* A 1994 survey conducted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that Americans use guns to frighten away intruders who are breaking into their homes about 498,000 times per year.[20]

http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp

Stupid ass. What are you 12?

Comment

• Lord Elpus
      Lord Elpus commented
      Editing a comment
      America is a crime ridden ****************ehole, hence the need for a gun or ten.

radomu wrote:

Even though you don't seem to know **************** about anything, anybody, or have first hand knowledge of the personal situations of around 80,000,000 people, you seem to have a very strong opinion about this.

You must be either a Republican, or an complete idiot. Both is possible, of course.

Comment

• trainset
      trainset commented
      Editing a comment

cars

NFL

stfu dumbass

• Lord Elpus
      Lord Elpus commented
      Editing a comment
      Americans NEED guns.

America is SPECIAL.

Americans = people with SPECIAL NEEDS.

radomu wrote:

My sister and my mom both have houses in Josephine County.  

If you call 911 nobody comes to help you.  What, pray tell, should they do?

Originally Posted by Elemenope

You get 1 free punch...They can't hit you back..Call the cops..Anything. Who??

Originally Posted by RSBro

madryan

Rack building thread...

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...ies-rig...-Pix

Amp Packing Tutorial

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...ial&highlight=

Comment

• guido61
      guido61 commented
      Editing a comment

madryan wrote:

My sister and my mom both have houses in Josephine County.  

If you call 911 nobody comes to help you.  What, pray tell, should they do?

We need to get past some of the hysteria on the gun issue.   Here's some facts:

1) No one (or virtually no one, anyway) is calling to restrict gunownership to the point that people would be unable to protect themselves in their homes

2) No such law would ever pass the US congress.

3) No such law would be upheld by the Supreme Court in light of the Heller decision.

4) Once we understand the truth of #2 and #3, all "slippery slope" arguments become moot points.

radomu wrote:

So again, since Quickie decided to **************** all over my original thread with his faux attempt at discourse...  I'll rephrase this.

My folks and my sis and her husband both live out in the county in Josephine County.  They have no law enforcement.  If you call the police, nobody comes.  In such a situation you're 100% in charge of your own self defense be it from a black bear, or roving gangs of post apocalyptic bikers.  

So your assertion that "you don't live in a movie" is true...  But while it's not anarchy in the true sense, cause the state police will show up after the fact with the crime lab and count the bodies, there's no law enforcement. 

Originally Posted by Elemenope

You get 1 free punch...They can't hit you back..Call the cops..Anything. Who??

Originally Posted by RSBro

madryan

Rack building thread...

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...ies-rig...-Pix

Amp Packing Tutorial

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...ial&highlight=

Comment

radomu wrote:

Radomu, you have always come off as an intelligent individual until it comes to firearms then you turn into a wimp ********************. Admit it, you know nothing about guns yet you seem to want to come off as someone who is knowledgable on all facets of firearms, firearms ownership, firearms owners etc.. People defend themselves everyday with firearms. As far as moving to a "safer" place (whatever the hell that is) you do know that violent crimes have happened in high end gated communities don't you? These are so called "safer" aren't they?

Get off your pedestal when it comes to firearms. You have no idea what your talking about.

Why do chicken coops have two doors?
      Because if they had four doors they would be chicken sedans.

Comment

radomu wrote:

I own them for all of the above reasons.

And frankly....it really doesn't matter what you believe.

Comment

radomu wrote:

here everyone has an assult rifle at home, and we didn't had any visitors in the last 580 years,

2000 years ago the Germans want to come without sandals. In 1450 they wanted to come on horses and we fertilized our field with those ****************************s - between 1939-1945 they wanted to book their vacation at the Berlin travel office with tanks, we shoot down dozens of their bombers and Messerschmitts.

After 1945 they came in Opels and Volkwagen, and we made them a Bratwurst when they had some cash, and today they come because they earn more then the double then in Deutschland and are qualified.

Comment

radomu wrote:

I'm not worried about "government tyranny", but I do like to know I'm able to defend my wife and our six small dogs from pit bulls that are allowed to run at-large that we have occasionally encountered on our walks, if need be, and also from nutjob road-ragers, or violent mentally ill persons that sometimes are wandering the streets of Central PHX.

I'm too old to fist-fight and not come out of it hurting, even if I do happen to hold my own.

I can understand hunting for necessary dietary augmentation, but I despise 'sport' hunting.

****************ing cruel cowards take a firearm to deprive an animal of life solely for the thrill of killing.

Stumblin' thru da ghost town.....

Comment

• RedRoadEnsemble
              RedRoadEnsemble commented
              Editing a comment

DesertDirtDog wrote:

radomu wrote:

I'm not worried about "government tyranny", but I do like to know I'm able to defend my wife and our six small dogs from pit bulls that are allowed to run at-large that we have occasionally encountered on our walks, if need be, and also from nutjob road-ragers, or violent mentally ill persons that sometimes are wandering the streets of Central PHX.

I'm too old to fist-fight and not come out of it hurting, even if I do happen to hold my own.

I can understand hunting for necessary dietary augmentation, but I despise 'sport' hunting.

****************ing cruel cowards take a firearm to deprive an animal of life solely for the thrill of killing.

I am still old school. I do carry a Kershaw, thanks to omni, that I could do wicked damage on network cables and people if the occasion arises.

radomu wrote:

My father was robbed and murdered at the age of 22

I carry and will never willingly surrender.  I work in an area of town that is notorious for Obama voting crackheads to routinely take **************** that doesn't belong to them and sometimes hurt and kill those that don't willingly reply.

So go **************** yourself, you whining little momma's boy. 

Phil SaidIf you possess the superior intellect, then it should be no problem for you to point out the logical fallacies and other problems of their position or post without having to debase yourself by resorting to ad hominem attacks.

Comment

• Hoddy
              Hoddy commented
              Editing a comment

John Ellis wrote:

radomu wrote:

My father was robbed and murdered at the age of 22

I carry and will never willingly surrender.  I work in an area of town that is notorious for Obama voting crackheads to routinely take **************** that doesn't belong to them and sometimes hurt and kill those that don't willingly reply.

So go **************** yourself, you whining little momma's boy. 

Sorry about our dad John.

Working...
          X