Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "And then it dawned on me. . . .

The stated reason for requiring drug tests for welfare recipients (according to the right) is that if the government is going to give you a financial benefit, then you should not be skirting the law at the same time.

I want my congressman (fat chance with crazy Ted Poe as my critter) to propose a similar piece of legislation in Congress: Before any company or corporation gets any federal tax benefit or shelter, it must repatriate all of its overseas capital and pay the taxes owed on that capital."

LINK

I like it!
    "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

Comment

• Ed
      Ed commented
      Editing a comment

So how will this work? A corporation in the U.S. that owns either wholly or partially subsidiary corporations in other parts of the world has to bring that money back into the states, or they pay some kinda flat tax with no deductions allowed?

A tax on foreign currency that is in a foreign bank account held by a foreign corporation? You can't tax that anyway.

Working...
X