Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: .30-06 bullet choice for a 1000 yard shot.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked up a K31 a few years ago, but I don't shoot it much. I've never really been able to work up a good load for it, and the Swiss ammo is kinda pricey.

All the loads I've tried so far haven't done a good job of filling the case, and I get a lot of hangfires.

Comment

• Rudolf von Hagenwil
      Editing a comment

so so, you own a Karabiner 31

with that carabiner you can kill a hare at 1500 yards

The CZ has a 24" barrel, but it isn't bedded.

I'm now thinking about experimenting with some magnum powders to gain a couple hundred fps. I saw some load data using MagPro and the same 200gr SMK that yielded nearly 2800fps MV. This is almost 300 more than RL17 or 4350.

Comment

• Disemboweler
      Disemboweler commented
      Editing a comment

mauser wrote:

I'm now thinking about experimenting with some magnum powders to gain a couple hundred fps. I saw some load data using MagPro and the same 200gr SMK that yielded nearly 2800fps MV. This is almost 300 more than RL17 or 4350.

Glass bed that rifle!

• Davo17
      Davo17 commented
      Editing a comment

• Davo17
      Davo17 commented
      Editing a comment

mauser wrote:

interesting, just remember its all about accuracy at that range, and some mag powders are made for certain barrel lengths.

crazy about the hangfires in the k31.

I bought a CZ452 for my son a few years back, and he really loves it.

So do I....wish I'd bought two of them.

Comment

Use faster, stronger bullets. 

Comment

• mauser
        mauser commented
        Editing a comment

Zig al-din wrote:

That's the idea.

• Rudolf von Hagenwil
        Editing a comment

Zig al-din wrote:

just walk there and slap the enemy in the face, that will give the full respect, and he never again enters your property

Thanks. LOL

Comment

If you hit anything at 1,000 yards it will be luck.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Faith ruled the dark ages."

Comment

Minning: Sometimes being lucky is better than being good...but then I didn't start shooting yesterday.

Thanks though.

Comment

Try as I might, I can't seem to get a .270 WSM to feed properly in either my CZ550 or M1 Garand.

Guess I'm stuck with. 30-06.

Comment

mauser wrote:

This will be out of a CZ550 American with a Millett 4-16x50 scope.

Never took a shot beyond 500 yards yet, so I'm looking for some recommendations.

Write 'I'm ****************ed up" on your forehead and turn yourself into the authorities. It would be best for the country.

"I don't see how the fat lady with the dog fits in." Stonedtone

"I usually know whats going to come out well. Im usually right." Davo17

"Don't make me spell bitch on your ass with a backwards B." moonlight

"He believes that when you've worked hard, and done well, and walked through that doorway of opportunity, you do not slam it shut behind you. You reach back, and you give other folks the same chances that helped you succeed."

Comment

Savoldi: Or not.

Comment

Working...
                X