X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pope is resigning!

Unprecedented in modern times...

Do you have some proof of this ? A link ? The reasons ? This is the internet. You can't just say anything you want without some evidence of truth.

Comment

Good riddance, f***in nazi

"I used to be into dope, now I'm into racism. It's much heavier, man" - Clapton

Comment

• guitarville
      guitarville commented
      Editing a comment

Zeopold wrote:

Good riddance, f***in nazi

I wonder how many people know this. And why was he appointed to begin with.

From what I've read, calling him a "nazi" is a bit much.

Comment

Good riddance Ratzinger. If there were a Hell, you should be at the top of the guest list.

Sloppy Santa wrote:

Unprecedented in modern times...

Non fui. Fui. Non sum. Non curo.

Comment

• yanktar
        yanktar commented
        Editing a comment

It's in the NYTImes and up on Huffington Post. It's not BS.  He's leaving at the end of February.

Hasn't been done since the early 1400's and then it was a political compromise.  Benedict has not been the most impressive Pope (to understate the matter).

I wonder: Does he become a Cardinal again and does he get excluded from the College of Cardinals?  How does a Pope retire and what does he become?  Does he remain Benedict XVI or return to Joseph Ratzinger?

I wonder if he stepped down due to his involvement in the cover up of child rape? The new HBO documentary Mea Maxima Culpa is pretty scathing regarding his actions.
      "Laugh now, lady. After a month of eating cockroaches, you will be begging for gerbster."

"I said open your mouth, guitarman."

Comment

• Another Brick
        Another Brick commented
        Editing a comment

He's not kidding, is he?

• GTRMAN
        GTRMAN commented
        Editing a comment

I saw much of it last week. His action/inaction is unforgivable.

Grammy wrote:
        I wonder if he stepped down due to his involvement in the cover up of child rape? The new HBO documentary Mea Maxima Culpa is pretty scathing regarding his actions.

Emoney: Time for the Church to abandon its principles and make it ok in the eyes of the Church for the parishioners to do whatever they wish.

Here's an idea.....if you don't like the Church and what it stands for.....find another more to your liking.

Comment

• GTRMAN
        GTRMAN commented
        Editing a comment

That would be fine if not for people being indoctrinated since birth and told that separation from the church is akin to separation from god/Jesus.

mauser wrote:
        Emoney: Time for the Church to abandon its principles and make it ok in the eyes of the Church for the parishioners to do whatever they wish.

Here's an idea.....if you don't like the Church and what it stands for.....find another more to your liking.

• E-money
        E-money commented
        Editing a comment

mauser wrote:

No, but it is time to soften their stance on certain things.  Divorce is a big one.  A bunch of never-married men making marriage, birth control, and in vitro decisions for their followers is unfathomable to me. 

Again, if they want to stand by antiquated principles, they have every right, but eventually these hard-lines in the sand will be their undoing (which is more than fine with me).

• LithiumZero
        LithiumZero commented
        Editing a comment
        Great idea Mauser. Why don't you find a new country that is more to your liking rather than talk about overthrowing the government fairly elected by the majority.

I'm hoping to be elected the next pope. I promise, if elected, I will only serve one term.

Originally Posted by buckethead99

I vote for Boner to be in charge of who lives and who does not.

His name is Bong-O quit PM’ing me.

CDXX

Comment

Emoney: Perhaps its time for the folks who claim to be Catholic to be Catholic.

Comment

• moogerfooger
          moogerfooger commented
          Editing a comment

the emperor of the evil empire resigns to make way for another evil emperor. long live the evil empire!!!!!

• E-money
          E-money commented
          Editing a comment

mauser wrote:
          Emoney: Perhaps its time for the folks who claim to be Catholic to be Catholic.

Maybe you are right.  I would love to see a mass exodus from the Catholic church due to the poor leadership they have displayed.  Let the fools stay who believe that Jesus was really concerned about:

- gay marriage

- birth control

- in vitro fertilization

- divorce

Let the fools stay who believe that the systematic cover-up of pedophilia is ok.

Let the fools stay who think that selecting their leaders from a deviant pool of male prospects who don't want to have sexual relations is normal.

A lot of interest in this by folks who supposedly are "above" religion.

Comment

• Sloppy Santa
          Sloppy Santa commented
          Editing a comment

nedezero1 wrote:

Kind'a like a Jew who is "above" nazism who is interested in it, right?

• GTRMAN
          GTRMAN commented
          Editing a comment

nedezero1 wrote:

Because not only is the Pope a religious leader, but he is also a head of state. The Pope has much influence over the actions and thoughts of a large portion of the human population. When he tells lies to poor people in Africa such as that condom use increases a person's chances of contracting HIV, then he becomes a monster.

• yanktar
          yanktar commented
          Editing a comment

nedezero1 wrote:

****************! Are you REALLY that much of a nit-wit?

The Pope has direct influence over 1.2 billion who are Catholic.  That's 1/6 of the world's population, and puts the Catholic Church as the third largest "nation" in the world, after China and India.

The policies of the Catholic Church directly influence American Catholics and politicians who are either Catholic or have large Catholic constituencies.  The Catholic Church has been HEAVILY influential in politics, especially the politics of abortion and capital punishment, gay marriage and public funding of private and religious schools.

Whether we like it or not, the Pope and his actions matter to us, directly, Catholic and non-Catholic alike.

Working...
      X