Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

DHS purchases another 22 million rounds of ammunition.

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    It's a perfectly good comparison. The residents of dumb****************istan are well documented Walmart shoppers and most of the 2nd amendment remedy crowd live in dumb****************istan. They are buying up assault rifles and ammo like crazy. Why? Revolution? Inquiring minds want to know. Derp!
    "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

    Comment


    • Sloppy Santa
      Sloppy Santa commented
      Editing a comment

      LithiumZero wrote:
      It's a perfectly good comparison. The residents of dumb****************istan are well documented Walmart shoppers and most of the 2nd amendment remedy crowd live in dumb****************istan. They are buying up assault rifles and ammo like crazy. Why? Revolution? Inquiring minds want to know. Derp!

       

      It's actually a fair point I think. If I understand your argument what you're saying is that the government through DHS needs to ensure its survival against a potential domestic enemy. As at least some people are increasing their ownership of guns and ammo the DHS needs to match it.

       

      At best one could make that argument, but the counterargument is in my opinion a question; at what point does a goverment lose its legitimacy?

       

      Because the basic principle at stake here is self determination. We support all sorts of peoples rights to cecede and create their own states in the name of self-determination. And the fair approach is that any organization that controls people needs to justify said control, not vice versa.

       

      So one could very well make the case that if a certain amount Americans are taking up arms against the government then the latter shouldn't even resist because it is no longer representative of the people.


  • #32
    Armed revolt because the form of govt that they champion didn't work in their favor when they lost a fair election is nothing more than treason.
    "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

    Comment


    • Sloppy Santa
      Sloppy Santa commented
      Editing a comment

      LithiumZero wrote:
      Armed revolt because the form of govt that they champion didn't work in their favor when they lost a fair election is nothing more than treason.

       

      "Treason" only means that you go against who or what is ruling. It isn't an unequivocally bad thing. You would have to define what you're being a traitor towards before it holds any weight as an argument. "Loyalty" is arguably the opposite and it too requires a per-case analysis to see if it's actually a good thing or a bad thing.

       

      Loyal to the SS? Good, or bad?

      Traitor to Hitler's Germany? Good or bad?

       

      See?


  • #33
    Lithium: I'm glad you don't let the truth stand between you and your posts.

    Comment


    • LithiumZero
      LithiumZero commented
      Editing a comment

      mauser wrote:
      Lithium: I'm glad you don't let the truth stand between you and your posts.

      I'm glad that you don't let sanity stand between you and your posts. It's comedy gold reading your moronic rants about your sissy fear of the black man in the White House (you know... the one that was put in place in a free and fair election by the majority of the fellow Americans that you are talking about taking up arms against). The lunatic fringe has derailed the GOP and I for one am extemely happy about that. Now they can sit at the kid's table until they learn some manners


  • #34
    Lithium: Actually, he's as much white as he is black and skin color isn't something that concerns me. Given the frequency that you and others refer to "the black man" tells me that it's something which is much closer to the forefront of your mind than it is mine.

    As to the GOP....it isn't my party and it deserves to be abolished as much as the Democrat Party.

    As to sanity....keep taking your lithium. LOL

    Comment


    • guido61
      guido61 commented
      Editing a comment

      22 million rounds?

      And who says the government doesn't create jobs?


  • #35
    Guido: And just like the military equipment that we really don't need to defend this country.....eventually they get an itch to use it.

    Comment


    • guido61
      guido61 commented
      Editing a comment

      mauser wrote:
      Guido: And just like the military equipment that we really don't need to defend this country.....eventually they get an itch to use it.

      Or mothball it eventually.  How many nukes have we bought and never used?


  • #36
    Guido: All you have to do is look at the number times we've gone to war with no real justification.

    Eisenhower was right.

    Comment


    • guido61
      guido61 commented
      Editing a comment

      mauser wrote:
      Guido: All you have to do is look at the number times we've gone to war with no real justification.

      Eisenhower was right.

      Yes he was.  The military/industrial complex is a beast.   Keeps a lot of Americans employed though.

      But we need to scale it back to a fraction of its present size and scope, IMO.   


  • #37

    Comment


    • #38
      Eventually people common ground. LOL

      Comment


      • #39
        Find, that is.

        Comment


        • #40
          So are you a libertarian? Good luck with that lol
          "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

          Comment


          • splatbass
            splatbass commented
            Editing a comment

            LithiumZero wrote:
            So are you a libertarian? Good luck with that lol

            Who you talking to?


          • mauser
            mauser commented
            Editing a comment

            LithiumZero wrote:
            So are you a libertarian? Good luck with that lol

            Good luck with believing that the people we elect should abide by the Constitution?

            We'll need more than luck.


        • #41
          Mauser.... Can't quote posting from my phone
          "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

          Comment


          • #42
            Derp! I think it's pretty safe to say that your sanity is much more in question around here tough guy
            "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

            Comment


            • mauser
              mauser commented
              Editing a comment

              LithiumZero wrote:
              Derp! I think it's pretty safe to say that your sanity is much more in question around here tough guy

              Keep thinking that.


          • #43
            When you can prove that the constitution was not abided by get back to me.
            "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

            Comment


            • #44
              Are you a Paulbot? We need a new punching bag now that theFyn isn't around
              "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

              Comment


              • #45
                I'm pretty confident that most people here think your a ****************ing wingnut
                "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

                Comment


                • mauser
                  mauser commented
                  Editing a comment

                  LithiumZero wrote:
                  I'm pretty confident that most people here think your a ****************ing wingnut

                  I'm pretty confident that I got over caring about such things long ago.

                  But given that you're about 12 and your balls haven't yet dropped, it's understandable why you'd be more concerned about being popular than a grown man would be.

                   

                   

                   









              Working...
              X