Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Paul runs to the UN

Ron Paul is running to the UN because he doesn't want to pay for a domain name someone owns.

So much for free markets. I guess they are for everyone else

ron paul is a crybaby

Some right winger has Another Brick's twitter account and I want it. Rooster and everything. Whaaaah!

Comment

Seems to me that using someone's name like this without permission would present a problem for the user....especially if they're making money by doing so.

Comment

• Orygun
        Orygun commented
        Editing a comment

mauser wrote:
        Seems to me that using someone's name like this without permission would present a problem for the user....especially if they're making money by doing so.

No matter. They registered the domain, it is theirs to do with what they will. If he wants it he can pay for it. That's the free market, right? 

• bluzboy
        bluzboy commented
        Editing a comment

mauser wrote:

That's the price one pays for Freeberty.

Oh how I wish theFyn were here guess well have to settle for caulk rocket and Mauser
      "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

Comment

halloween-in-los-angeles-dress-like-the-dude-from-the-big-lebowski-1.jpg

Attached Files
        Man's Got To Know His Limitations........

Comment

Orygun: I'm not sure the free market gives you the right to make money through the unauthorized use of someone else's name.

I could certainly see Paul having to pay to register it once control of the domain is given up by the current owners.

Comment

• Orygun
          Orygun commented
          Editing a comment

mauser wrote:
          Orygun: I'm not sure the free market gives you the right to make money through the unauthorized use of someone else's name.

I could certainly see Paul having to pay to register it once control of the domain is given up by the current owners.

They registered the domain. It's theirs. 

The fact that RP has to run to the UN of all places to try to get away with not paying for someone else's property is the height of hypocrisy. 

He lacked the initiative to register it himself, and now wants to get something for nothing. 

They needed no authorization to used the characters that make up RP's name as a domain. 

If he is truly a libertarian he would have no problem in paying someone fair market value for their property. 

Here's hoping big government can fix it for him

"I used to be into dope, now I'm into racism. It's much heavier, man" - Clapton

Comment

Working...
        X